“Palmer House History is Hott Tour”

History is Hott Lunch & Tour
Ranked #74 of 184 Tours in Chicago
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I took this tour today while staying at the beautiful Palmer House. There is an option to take the tour only $30, if you add lunch it is $60. I opted for the tour only and it began promptly at 1:30 p.m. The tour is given by Ken Price who is the Director of Public Relations for the hotel. He is an avid historian and told so many stories that it made the place and people come to life. He is very knowledgeable and entertaining as well. We began the tour in the museum of the Palmer House hotel where Ken relayed many fascinating details about the Palmers and also the city of Chicago. We then toured some of the beautiful rooms including the very famous Empire Room along with the Red Lacquer Ballroom and the Grand Ballroom. He also took us to the kitchens and other areas where guests are not allowed. It lasted three hours and I would recommend it highly.

1  Thank Brenda E

Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you like History this tour is for you....History is Hott guided by Ken Price who has been with the Palmer House for 31 years....He loves his history and he makes you feel that Potter & Bertha Palmer are sitting with you.....awesome

It starts out with a really great lunch at the Lockwood...you have a salad or soup than a choice of 3 entree's and a glass of wine and the Hotel's world famous brownie...to take with you......Yum....

After the lecture which was so interesting...we went to hear all about the world famous Palmer House ceiling, enjoyed a drink...than to the Empire Room...once again Ken made you feel the present of all the famous like Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland just to name a few....were sitting with you...the tour continued behind the scenes....than ending up in the kitchen tasting the brownie right out of the oven...Wow...it was so good....

This tour is not to be missed...I live close to the city and tour often Chicago sights..so glad I found this one....can't wait to enjoy it with more of my friends....

2  Thank msCoots