“Rhapsody transformed into Tesori”

Tesori Trattoria & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Tesori Trattoria & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #747 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Wabash Ave
Transit: Located directly below the Adams and Wabash el stop.
Description: rustic, Italian-inspired fare set in Chicago's Cultural Mile steps away from the Art Institute of Chicago in the Symphony Center.
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Rhapsody, the Symphony Center restaurant since 1997, has now transformed itself into Tesori (which translates from the italian as "treasures"), probably in honor of the Chicago Symphony's maestro, Riccardo Muti. It is similar in level to the highly regarded Rhapsody, though with more of an Italian accent. The food is exquisitely prepared, delicate, and very imaginative. For pre-concert or post-concert dining it is a superb choice, and is actually worth a separate trip even if not going to the Orchestra (it is located in Symphony Center). One nice thing: it is a quiet restaurant, even if full.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I met two people for a business lunch here and found it to be just OK. I liked the fact that it wasn't noisy and could hear the conversation. But the food was "meh." I had grilled salmon with some beans and a smidgen of green sauce. I don't know but I was expecting more.

Also the restaurant needs to put in new chairs. I sat down and sank way into the chair (note: I am not obese.) The webbing of the chair had given out and I could feel the wood frame of the chair.

I had a post-lunch latte, which was in a tall cylindrical glass mug, about 1.5 inches across. Every time I took a sip I got foam on my nose. I would have appreciated a regular cup.

The service was perfect. Lunch for 3 was $110 without alcohol or dessert.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Ate last night at Rhapsody before the Symphony. I liked the fact that the menu featured fresh seasonal ingredients. Although the food was generally well prepared the seasoning was uneven. My appetizer of fried squash blossoms with goat cheese and fava beans was severely underseasoned. I noted this to the server who brought me a salt shaker but said not a word about it. My companion's shrimp and prosciutto appetizer was oversalted to the point of being barely edible (despite the already salty prosciutto). Halibut special was slightly overcooked and underseasoned. Steak was well prepared and seasoned, but the side dishes of fingerling potatoes and spinach tasted like they hadn't been seasoned at all. Service was weak. Server only appeared to sell more wine and moments after the entree arrived to see "how things were". All of the above can be fixed easily, unfortunately we will seek out other presymphony or theater options until then.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

We went to Rhapsody in downtown Chicago - a few blocks from the Fairmont Millenium Hotel where we stayed on business. It is also close to Millenium Park and "the Bean". It is a smart casual restaurant but plenty were there in business attire as well. Nice setting and atmosphere with a large bar area. I guess the menu leans toward italian but has substantial meat and fish selections as well. It is a bit confusing to peg the menu style so it is risky to go there if you just want classic italian, or just seafood. However, the food is quite delicious and portions are hefty. The service was outstanding. Good selection of martini-type drings, better than average wine list, and some local Chicago microbrews (in bottles). Not too well know but its reputation is growing.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Good food,great service all ruined by rats running around on the outside patio! When we complained to the manager she shrugged and said " that's Chicago !" UGH,