“NEWSHI”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Cross street: East Walton and North Mies Van Der Rohe Way
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I have only glanced sushi in a Japanese hibatchi style establishment in central Florida. We looked this place up on trip advisor and the ratings were so good we were going to step out and give it a shot. Upon dropping in and the host guiding us to the hotel to wait a few minutes, ( there are only 22 seats ), he was very polite and collected us to sit at the bar. He introduced the chef and (I cannot pronounce it much less remember it) the waitress came out and started to explain the system ( I mean if you have never been in a real sushi place, there is a system ), I explained to her that we were new to this style of food and instead of taking advantage, she made suggestions and I nodded. It was incredible. Seared amberjack, seared salmon. The spicy tuna is a party in the mouth and induces all the senses. I would highly recommend this place. If you are a pro or you don't know it's a go! We were absolutely taken back with the professional service and cultural atmosphere. The prices are high and even as an amatuer, well worth it.

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This is sushi at a new level. Don't ever say ''I've had really good sushi'' until you have been here.

The food was amazing and fun, albeit pretty expensive. Actually the food wasn't what was crazy expensive, it was the wine! As in $78 for a bite of house red expensive.

The menu was a bit confusing, and the language barrier wasn't a big help, but that is something you expect at an authentic Japanese restaurant like this!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The best sushi I've ever had (at least in the continental United States), beautifully presented in a quiet, elegant setting. Each course of the five course omekase (which is really more like twelve courses depending on how you choose to count) is truly a work of art. Amazingly so - rivaling any photo you've seen anywhere. Impeccable service and timing. Expensive? Sure, but it doesn't get much better thas this.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My best sushi experience ever! Located close to the Drake. Atmosphere, service, presentation -awesome! Taste : outstanding !
Price: worth every dime:)
Cons: none really.

BF

Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

The best sushi I ever tasted. Beautiful presentation. Excellent service!

We had some starters and main menu. At the end comfortably full, and wanting to get back later for another round.

A must for sushi lovers in Chicago.