“Dessert!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: River North
Cross street: Wells/Franklin
Description: A stylish departure from a traditional steakhouse, Bavette's embraces French flair without the formality, blending fine dining with unabashed fun. Guests can indulge in seafood towers, richly flavorful ribeyes, classic side dishes and house made desserts, as well as classic cocktails and a well-curated international wine list.
Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

The Chocolate Pie is absolutely amazing!
Another awesome dessert is the vanilla or sea salt and caramel ice creams with their gold brick sauce!
When it comes to coffee they do a great French press and the service is always amazing!
Heck one day I may even stop in for Dinner! Lol

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

Outstanding service with even better food. Loved the 22oz steak and Mac n cheese, best with bacon on top.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

We tried making a reservation for a Saturday night a few weeks before our Chicago visit but were unable to. We did get an early reservation on a Friday night. Since we arrived very early in Chicago an early dinner worked out. This was supposed to be our highlight dinner for the weekend. We were seated promptly when we arrived at a nice table downstairs. Our waiter John was very nice and professional. He explained how the meat was aged and prepared. For apps we had a wedge salad, tossed salad and a crab cake. All were very good. For entrees were had the halibut special, duchess filet, ribeye and the strip steak along with various sides. This is when the wheels came off the apple cart. My friend did like her halibut but our steaks were not perfection. I must say I do like my food hot ....none of the steaks were hot enough. My strip steak was not good at all. It was barely warm, tough and dry. Not what I would expect from a high end steak restaurant. The other steaks were just okay. The manager did come over and did take it off the bill. Mostly I was disappointed. We had truffle Mac and cheese, brussel sprouts and creamed spinach. All were good except the creamed spinach. They did try to make it up with nice desserts. A nice touch. The manager was very nice. I'm hoping that this was just an aberration.

2  Thank josephc300
Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

I've traveled around the US many times over eating at numerous steakhouses and Bavette's was by far one of the greatest steaks and experiences I've ever had! The service, food and experience was hands down beyond expectations!! Thanks and I'll be back 100%!!

2  Thank 85ChrisG85
Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I visited Bavette's for dinner. Our evening got off to a rocky start when my wife realized her phone was left in the cab. As we hurriedly left the restaurant 5 minutes after arriving to try to get the phone the manager came out and asked if there was anything they could do. When I explained the situation she assured us that they would hold our table in case we were able to return.

About 15 minutes later, on the 5th try we were able to get ahold of the cabbie whose cab the phone was left in and retrieve the phone. We called Bavette's and were reassured they were holding our table and would have complimentary champagne waiting to celebrate the finding of the phone. This level of service was above and beyond anything I would have expected and speaks volumes for the level of service this restaurant offers.

On to the meal itself, it was simply sublime. My wife had the Maine lobster, I had the 16 oz. ribeye which was cooked a perfect medium rare. We finished off with a slice of the lemon meringue pie. We also had a few cocktails (a necessary item after chasing a cabbie around the Loop and River North areas) which were quite good. The excellent service we experienced prior to the meal continued through the meal itself. In summary a great meal in a great atmosphere. We will return.

2  Thank IowaRestlessTraveler