“They get it!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: River North
Cross street: Wells/Franklin
Description: A stylish departure from a traditional steakhouse, Bavette's embraces French flair without the formality, blending fine dining with unabashed fun. Guests can indulge in seafood towers, richly flavorful ribeyes, classic side dishes and house made desserts, as well as classic cocktails and a well-curated international wine list.
Reviewed July 7, 2016

Categorically and undeniably 5 stars in all areas. Service was exceptional, Ambience was impressionable, and food was OUTSTANDING. We had red wine that was quite tantalizing indeed, recommended by our waiter. The bread was hot and awfully good. Our appetizers were a salad and a shrimp dish that was incredibly tasty.My wife and I had ordered filet mignon as our main course. They were really butter, because it melted in our mouths each time we took a bit! No really! My daughter had the roasted chicken that was cooked and seasoned to perfection. We shared the sweet potato dish wish was one of the largest potatoes I had ever seen. The three of us shared this this and the spinach dish of which both were excellent. This was an exceptional eating place.

Reviewed July 6, 2016

My girlfriend wanted a good steak. I thought Gene and Georgetti's or Chicago Chop house (both great options), but decided to try somewhere different. My GF also wanted oysters. We were not disappointed. We started with an excellent Old Fashion (mine had rye and my GF had sherry). Then Oysters, both East Coast and West Coast paired with a French Chardonnay. Dinner was a 10 oz 28 day wet aged filet mignon with a shared baked potato and Brussel Sprouts. The steak was excellent. We paired with a Napa Red Zin and Merlot. Bravo to Bavette's for their Boeuf (beef in French). The decor was nice but a bit dark. Service excellent! It is a little hard to find with no obvious sign when viewing from the street. The entrance is just a glass door that looks into a brick wall. No windows or tables visible.

1  Thank SolarT
Reviewed July 6, 2016

Appetizer and dinner were wonderful. The bone marrow was fantastic and the short rib stroganoff was incredible. The chocolate cream pie for dessert was too rich to finish and didn't complement the meal well. A gentleman at a table close to me got the lemon meringue pie. The meringue was so tall it was challenging for him to eat and he left most of his dessert as well. Service started off great, but got very slow as the evening wore on--after getting the dessert menu, it was about 7 - 10 minutes before I could order. I was there close to closing time so this may have played a part, but I did leave before their official closing time so would expect service to not drop off this way. Also, since the place was close to closing, they were no longer particularly busy. They don't advertise that they have house wines for $6. When every other glass is at least $10, this was a helpful find since the house red was very good. Overall a very good experience, but just skip dessert at this location.

Reviewed July 6, 2016 via mobile

The food and service is exceptional. The atmosphere is also astounding. The bone in ribeye was the best steak I ever had. I have eaten at a lot of the top Steakhouses in the country and this was the best. You have to try the wild mushrooms too. My wife will go back just for the Mushrooms.

Reviewed July 4, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic ribeye steaks. My son loved the dry aged, I had the chicago Classic . They were both excellent. Mushrooms were outstanding. Truffle Mac n cheese Devine. Baked potato big enough to share. Loved it all

1  Thank Ziggygt