“Best Dinner of my ENTIRE life!”

Bavette's Bar and Boeuf
Reserve with OpenTable
Bavette's Bar and Boeuf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 9,882 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Wells/Franklin
Description: A stylish departure from a traditional steakhouse, Bavette's embraces French flair without the formality, blending fine dining with unabashed fun. Guests can indulge in seafood towers, richly flavorful ribeyes, classic side dishes and house made desserts, as well as classic cocktails and a well-curated international wine list.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I can't tell you how amazing this place was. We found it online while planning my birthday trip to Chicago, and made reservations immediately. Truly blown away the second I walked in. True Chicago atmosphere. Low light, beautiful chandeliers. The decor and atmosphere are stellar. Food: out of this world delicious. Every single table near us was saying this is the best (insert whatever they were eating here) I've ever had! It's true, everything we ordered was so yummy. Service was perfect. Nothing was over the top or under par, just perfect. You'll be very sorry if you don't dine here. I'll tell everyone about Bavettes!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,303)

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Great place with a variety of cuisines. Huge crab cake appetizer was marvelous - with a salad it could have been dinner. Pasta with spicy sausage and lemon was an interesting and tasty combo. Service was excellent. There is much to enjoy besides the steaks! A booth on the first floor is great!!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had the pleasure of eating at Bavette's recently and we are still talking about it. The oysters were the most flavorful I have had in forever...very fresh. My lamb chops were amazing and my partner's steak was very delicious too. Our waitress ( I wish I could remember her name) was there when you needed her, and out of site when you were enjoying the meal and the conversation. Michael, the manager was extremely accommodating and very gracious. The ambience is hip, yet far from trendy...very romantic!! I highly recommend it as a must try.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Bavette's we chose over the more well-known steakhouses for a night out while traveling to Chicago. A short cab ride from our hotel the reservation was decently easy to get (although at 9:45pm). By that time the bar area patrons dominated the place. Very cool restaurant, old french style country-house type environment. Miss-matching plates and a pre-war 1930's feel made it a really cool experience. Food was excellent, we both had the Filet which was cooked perfect. My only minor complaints were no cajun sear possible for the steak, no bloody mary's, Our table configuration was very close to the bar area and the seat facing in leaves your back to all of the action. This led to a large group at the bar yelling almost in my ear the entire dinner. Love the ambiance but could be a little more lit, walking around and seeing the menu are pretty difficult by candlelight. That being said, totally recommend this place! Maybe just a little earlier in the evening.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The atmosphere when you walk in is energetic and yet continental. The service was perfect and the food was wonderful. We plan on visiting again.