Hyatt Place Chicago / River North
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$322
$233
Sofitel
The Peninsula Chicago(Chicago)
$475
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$211
$242
Hilton.com
$206
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$239
Warwick Allerton-Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$233
$149
  • Room Service
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Orbitz.com
1,926 results
All reviewsfire stationriver northgreat locationwhite noise machinefire departmentfree breakfastthe breakfast areastreet noisebreakfast sandwichsofa bedwould definitely stay here againgreat place to staylight sleeperyogurtwithin walking distanceself parksitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Though great location, but rather cheap, clean room, friendly staffs and sufficient hot water at bath room. Definitely will be back again. Recommended+++++ Wallgreen, McDonald, Hard Rock Cafe and Rainforest Cafe located next block, it was very convenient.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Joshua S, Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago / River North, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

We do our best to offer our guests the best value for their dollar with amenities such as Wi-Fi and a delicious full breakfast at no additional cost. Our location can't be beat, just steps away from Navy Pier, the Magnificent Mile and Lake Michigan. We know you're already sold, as you say you will definitely will return, and I can't think of a nicer compliment!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed February 27, 2014

The staff at this Hyatt Place was outstanding. Extremely helpful and extremely friendly. I have two criticisms that would probably cause me not to stay here again. The first was minor, the second, major.

The minor problem - outside noise - lots of sirens and construction. The hotel obviously can't control this, but it does exist.

The major problem was the heating/cooling system. The vent was directly in front of the bed and blew extremely hard. First freezing cold air and then warm air. I tried to move each individual louvre to re-direct the air, but it didn't work. We had to sleep completely under the covers - head and all - to avoid the air current and fluctuation in temperature.

In all fairness, if it weren't for the heat/ac system causing us to not sleep well, we might not have even noticed the outside noise...but because we didn't sleep soundly, we heard it all night.

If not for the sleep quality, I would have rated this hotel much higher.

Free breakfast was very good, and food that we purchased at night was average. Nighttime bartender was excellent also.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Joshua S, Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago / River North, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

I'm deeply disappointed that your experience was so negatively impacted and offer my apologies for the issues with the heating and cooling system. I will speak with our Chief Engineer to address this. Please contact me so I may do what I can to change your impression of the hotel.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Place River North hotel over a holiday weekend. We booked for a Sunday night and found a great rate. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are comfortable. The morning breakfast was the best hotel free breakfast that I have ever had.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
HyattPlaceChicago, Manager at Hyatt Place Chicago / River North, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Greetings Stephanie,

Our A.M. Skillet serves up some seriously good eats. Many of our guests have commented on the quality of our breakfast, and I am glad that we didn't disappoint. Please come see us again on your next Holiday weekend. We would love to have you back!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great experience, came to town for the Justin Timberlake Concert. Always know that you can count on a great stay with a Hyatt Property. Staff was super attentive and friendly. Food & Drink along with Happy Hour was very nice! Rooms were clean and spacious.

Richard,

Thanks for the confidence in our service! We hope you had a great time at the Justin Timberlake show. I'm no JT, but maybe we could add an impromptu performance to our Happy Hour? Or perhaps we best leave that to the professionals...

Until the next show,

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I love these hotels...Hyatt has really latched on to a great concept with the Hyatt Place and Hyatt House brands. A suite-like experience without the suite-like prices. Staff was incredibly friendly and helpful and food options were quite good (it was nice to see Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA). The location was great, although when the bars let out the noise from the street was quite loud (I was not on the side with the fire station). This will be my go-to hotel in Chicago from now on.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

We love that you love our hotels! Thank you for your loyalty. We would be honored to be your go-to hotel when you are in Chicago. Please feel free to reach out to our staff if you would like a quiet room when you are visiting our hotel. We wouldn't want the patrons of the neighboring night clubs to disturb your stay.

Kind Regards,