“Excellent Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Morton, Illinois
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Aloft is an excellent modern hotel overlooking downtown Chicago and is within walking distance of the Magnificent Mile, Rain Forest Café, and many other attractions. Hotel staff is very accommodating with your requests and helpful with providing directions to nearby locations. It has a fitness center, restaurant, breakfast café, and area to lounge. Valet parking is recommended due to lack of on-street parking and beware of the fact you'll hear constant sirens due to a near-by firehouse and hospital.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are much larger than the standard room with two wall-to-ceiling windows overlooking dow...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jacob T
Craig P, Manager at Aloft Chicago City Center, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
It's great you were able to enjoy area attractions. We do provide noise machines and ear plugs for those not familiar to sleeping near the sounds of the city. We hope this will enhance your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been meaning to do a review on this place b/c I was so shocked with the great experience I had. The front desk staff were awesome. When we called for more towels, they sent someone up within 5 minutes. The beds were actually really comfortable, I don't come across that too often in hotels. I loved the decor and how up to date the room was and I also loved the fact that the location was walking distance from Michigan Ave. The only complaint I had was that we waited for like 1/2 an hour to get our car from the valet service after checking out even though we called way ahead of time. Overall, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank amc2005
Being 'shocked' by a great experience is always nice to hear! We will certainly look into the issue that you had with valet. Please come see us again soon!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Great location and great hotel. Proximity to all the fun bars, restaurants, parks and Divy bikes in River North makes this hotel a 5-star for location. The staff is extremely and helpful throughout your stay whether it's at the bar, housekeeping, valet or checking in. The bar and restaurant downstairs are a great place to start off the evening or meet up with other friends. Will definitely be staying here again for our next visit to Chicago.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cely99
We look forward that next visit!
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I was in town for a conference at a busy date so the price was higher than normal but still lower than other area hotels. The room was small but comfortable for one. I liked the style of the bathroom and the shades which really blocked out the light. There is a bit of street noise even on the top floor but I was fine with my sound machine running. The fitness center is good with ample equipment. I loved the restaurant. I saw a number of restaurants in the area but stayed at Beatrix after I arrived and was happy with the choice. Breakfast was included with my room and that was very good as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
It's great to see you were able to enjoy the hotel and the restaurant. We hope you come back to experience us again!
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the aloft City Center for a weekend trip to Chicago using my Starwood points. Overall, I would say the hotel really hits a home run in terms of service, amenities, quality of rooms, and comfort for a hotel of this caliber. I term the aloft brand as a less expensive, younger sibling to the W brand (not sure if that is what Starwood was aiming for)! The front desk service check in process was prompt and friendly. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very functional and well designed to maximize space and being environmentally mindful. I would certainly request a "high floor" if you are staying here as the city noise is hard to escape. If you are looking for a chic lobby with plenty of space to hang out, grab coffee, a snack, or chill at the bar/restaurant, the aloft will not disappoint here as well. If you are looking for a 5 Star hotel experience with all the bells and whistles, the aloft is not for you. But if you are content with pleasant, clean, and simple decor (and very functional), this place is for you. I would certainly recommend it.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Michelle N
The 'younger sibling' of W hotels is exactly what Starwood was going for. It's great when we find guests who are a great match for our brand. We hope you'll stay again in the near future!
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Wasn't sure I was going to get what I wanted, but in the end I got a lot more than I expected.
I talked to a woman from the hotel to confirm my reservation (Morgan) about a week before arriving. I required 2 beds in the room . I booked through Hotels.com and Was told there were no rooms available like that. A day or later one came up.

Once arriving at the Hotel,I received nothing but smiles and kindness from not only from the guys at Valet telling where I can park my truck, to the very nice young lady always inquiring if I required a Taxi every time at the front door, to all the mostly woman working behind the desk. I say thank you.

I was happy to find out they not only gave me a corner room, but King beds for my friends. We were very happy not to have to share.

Overall, great location, very clean.Many restaurants near by. Blue Chicago less than a block away .Yes , you can hear sirens and outside noise, my advice is if you want quiet, go out the the country. If you don't like noise, stay home.

Overall, great weekend, great hotel.
Looking forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thanks for your great comments! I'm happy our staff took great care of you throughout your stay. Come back and see us soon!
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We visited chicago with a couple friends and picked this hotel because of the location. The hotel is in the middle of everything near restaurants, night life and shopping and the magnificent mile. The room was clean, check in/out was easy, great place to stay when in chicago.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
We are lucky to be in such a great spot! We hope you can return to see more the city has to offer!