“Superb BYOB Italian, with a fabulous patio!”
Review of Briciola

Briciola
Ranked #1,571 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Superb BYOB Italian, with a fabulous patio!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was an accidental find by my friend who lives in the area, she was running one evening and saw the gorgeous patio and made note of it. We ate outside for dinner on a Saturday night. First of all, the patio has such a quaint, cozy, European vibe, and you can tell there has been a lot of thought put in to the design and decor out there. It's like you have stepped off of a busy city street (Damen) into someone's courtyard in the country. There are white lights everywhere, and lots of trees. The service was exceptional, and so was the food!! The beet salad was so delicious! Thin shaved with great olive oil, salt and pepper topped with arugula. And my entree was just as amazing. I had the fontina/pear stuffed pasta with a gorgonzola cream sauce... I dream of things like this! To summarize - great service, great space, great food. I cannot speak for the interior of the restaurant. FYI, we didn't know this was a BYOB, but there is a wine shop just down the street.

• Visited June 2013

Chicago, IL
“Consciencious effort”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

You can't help but appreciate the earnest effort of the two partners/owners who share the kitchen and upfront responsibilities of this BYOB that aims to please. The Italian menu is basic but reflects a budding creativity that bodes well for longevity. The dining room is Thrift Shop recycled but not uncomfortable and the service is friendly and efficient.

• Visited May 2013
Chicago Suburbs
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and Ambiance”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Family owned place with excellent food, great wait staff and cozy atmosphere. My wife and I both had fish, salmon and mahi mahi. Flavors really made the food. The Italian owner in pigtails and chefs coat went out of his way to make us feel welcome.

• Visited April 2013
Danang
“Perfect!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

What an excellent choice! Came here for dinner with two others and had an amazing meal and the service was exceptional! Every last item on the menu looked fantastic and the amazing host/owner/exec chef Mario came around to each table and talked with us for a while about the food and made recommendations. The starters were delicious and need another adjective to describe the entrees! Simply amazing! Really hope to make it back very soon.
Being a BYOB, you can have an amazing dinner and the cost doesn't hit you like it would if you buying a couple bottles of wine instead of bringing with you. Very highly recommended! Can't wait to return.
Thanks again Mario!

• Visited March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Delightful BYOB Italian!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We love to hit up BYOB restaurants on my visits to my old home of Chicago since we usually have a large party. So happy to find a BYOB place that isn't sushi! We were able to snag a reservation for 7 people at 8:30pm on a Saturday night. Perfect! The decor is charming and cozy with warm colors and brick walls. They have an adorable patio which I can't wait to visit when I'm in town during the summer. We ordered 4 wonderful, fresh appetizers (Calamari, Polenta and Mushrooms, Spiedino, & Caprese) and each ordered an entree. Split evenly, the meal was just over $30 a person for a ton of food! I tried my friend's Mahi Mahi which was fresh and cooked perfectly! I had a special pasta dish with little pockets and served in a creamy spinach gorgonzola sause - amazing! My husband had the gnocchi with basil pesto and crumbled goat cheese. Also spectacular! The service was excellent and we weren't rushed out as the last to leave. I can't wait to eat here again!

• Visited February 2013

Been to Briciola? Share your experiences!