“Great dinner specials”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Perennial Virant - CLOSED

Perennial Virant
Cuisines: American, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Cross street: Wells & Clark
Description: Perennial Virant is a collaborative effort between Boka Restaurant Group and acclaimed Chef Paul Virant. Paul won Food & Wine Best New Chef America 2007 and was a James Beard finalist for Best Chef Great Lakes 2011. The modestly priced menu is comprised of small, medium, and large plates. Perennial Virant has one of the most magnificent patios in Chicago located right across from the Green City Market. Brunch is served both Saturday and Sunday.
Peoria, Illinois
“Great dinner specials”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

If you're staying at Hotel Lincoln, then this restaurant is on the ground floor. Even if you're not, it's a great restaurant based upon our dinner on a Saturday night. Our waitress was very helpful while explaining each of the nightly specials, which all sounded superb. We were not disappointed in any of our selections. Definitely going back.

• Visited March 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Bar, Nice Room, Fine Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

The room is nice, and there is a nice selection of wines by the glass and craft beers available. Our meals here have ranged from very good to really excellent -- the dining room is pleasant and reasonably comfortable, and service has always been very good. Our first meal here was really excellent --I have been waiting to be blown away like that again, but the last couple of meals have been very good (but not amazing). Overall, however, very good food and wine in a really nice room. I am sure that we'll be back.

• Visited March 2013
Monticello, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our go-to restaurant in the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have eaten many times at Vie, Chef Paul Virant's restaurant in Western Springs, but this was our first time to PV. It didn't disappoint. I had a celery root beignet appetizer which was outstanding. Anything beignet at PV is at the top of my list now. My husband had cassoulet with house made sausage (it was snowing!). I had an excellent fish with more veggies. We were pleasantly full so shared a dessert of lemon tart with blueberries. Perfect way to end an excellent dinner.

Visited March 2013
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
“Explosion of flavors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Read about PV in a magazine article. Was not disappointed. We ordered the cheese plate as an appetizer. I've never experienced anything like the reaction I had with the first bite. It was an like an explosion of flavors. After the cheese plate we tried the beet salad. Although it didn't measure up to the cheese plate, it too was flavorful and very good. My wife ordered the pork loin and that too was off the chart good. I ordered the rainbow trout which was good but not in the same league as the pork. Dessert was taster sizes of cheese cake and carrot cake. Both were excellent. I would definitely go back.

Visited April 2013
New York
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Picked this restaurant from Tripadvisor and they didn't steer us wrong. The atmosphere is very calming with very comfortable chairs. The service was excellent and very well informed. The menu is different but not wildly exotic with good sized portions. They use a lot of local ingredients and make some creative and delicious dishes. Good wine list. Will definitely eat here on my next visit to Chicago.

• Visited April 2013