“It's the cheese sandwich which one desire in dreams”

Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine
Ranked #1,062 of 9,838 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Its a wonderful expirance and the taste which seems permant on my taste buds.no words can explain the goodness of vegetarian sandwich I had may 6 times in two days.taste so good that it arouse my taste buds.a expirance may be called THE BEST.SIMPLY NO MATCH

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Excellent selection of cheese and meats to go with the wide variety of wines for sale. While they do not have a consumption license for alcohol, we were able to get a cheese plate and some excellent olives and bread. A small store but loaded with some fabulous selections of cheese and meats. We happened upon here for a snack and loved it.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Pastoral was really close to our hotel, but even if it wasn't I would come to this store. The staff is so knowledgeable and helpful that you will leave finding just the right cheese for your picnic or party. I was able to sample some new cheeses and put together a great late lunch of cheese, olives and aged meats. What a great gem in the city! There is very limited seating so your best bet is to plan for a picnic or bring your goodies back to your hotel.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

These guys offer a great sandwich and do not skimp of the quality of the ingredients. If you are looking to grab a quick bite and don't want to give in to fast food, this is a great option. The shop doubles as a cheese and liquor store as well. The workers were fast and friendly. There is a handful of tables outside, and a couple indoors. From the looks of it this place can get busy during the lunch hour.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I love a great sandwich and found some here with top notch meats, cheeses, veg/condiments and most important: crusty/chewy bread. We shared one called something like "pig and fig", but I am getting the name wrong, I am sure. Also shared a charcuterie platter which was one of the best I have had. I would come here every day if I lived in Chicago - it is that good. Place is easy to miss on Lake just west of Millenium Park, but worth looking for.

Been to Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine? Share your experiences!