“Friendly staff, tasty food”
Review of Emilio's Tapas

Emilio's Tapas
Reserve with OpenTable
Emilio's Tapas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 9,883 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Streeterville
Description: Locals and tourists have enjoyed small plate and freshly-made tapas at Emilio's Sol y Nieve since 1999. With regular Spanish inspired entertainment including Flamenco Shows and Wine Dinners, the lively, upscale vibe of Emilio's Sol y Nieve make it a grate dining institution to get together. And while you'll see small plates everywhere now, this tapas experience is an authentic one that focuses on helping people interact with one another.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

My visit happened to be on a night the restuarant was celebrating Chicago's 177th birthday with a large private party, so the wait was a little longer than one might expect on a Tuesday night. But they more than made up for it. The hostess gave me a free glass of sangria while I waited, and I got to enjoy a live flamenco performance. When I was seated a short time later I had a delicious seafood and meat paella dish, which was huge. Several members of the wait staff -- as well as the hostess -- stopped by to chat and make sure everything was OK. It was one of the nicest dinner experiences I've had on a business trip, and I travel a lot.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We love Spanish food, have been to Spain many times, and were delighted with the food Emilio's had to offer. We came on a Saturday around 2 pm. Service was courteous and attentive. The place was quite empty and the decor could make you think it's a downtown restaurant for tourists and it would not deliver on flavor. But it did. From the wonderful dressing on the green salad, to the bread and tomato starter with manchego and jamon, to the grilled octopus dish, the chorizo and morcilla plate, and the croquetas, every morsel was delicious. And the Sangria was very good, too! Give them a try if you like Spanish food.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

I was in Chicago on business. My wife accompanied me. We came upon Emilio's. What a wonderful find. Excellent service, innovative and very well presented cuisine. Excellent wine list. We liked it so much we went back a second night with family. It is really excellent.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

A nice restaurant with great tapas and a nice variety of Sangrias. The gambas are a must, the goat cheese with honey is another must. We went for the red Sangria but choices were fun. The service was very good, And I liked the atmosphere--lively with families and couples and groups! We ate here on valentine's day and it was a nice way to celebrate. Did I mention the gambas?

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I went with a friend for dinner. We shared a bottle of wine, and we each had a small plate, large plate, and dessert. I believe we each paid $65, which was very reasonable for the quality of the food.

Everything we ate was delicious, and the service was excellent. It would be a great place for a date.

I give it 4 stars only because the food was very good but didn't blow me away. I would go again, but I don't feel like I found my new favorite place.