“Arrive Hungry, Leave Smiling”
Review of Fatty's Burgers - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Elmhurst, Illinois
“Arrive Hungry, Leave Smiling”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited here for the first time in April 2013 after a Cubs game and were thoroughly delighted with our "hole in the wall" find. Everything was amazing, but I wanted a second visit before writing an opinion.
In June 2013, I returned with my three teenagers...this time before a Cubs game. After two visits: the consensus is that this place is deliciously wonderful! My kids had burgers (generous sized, and a nice menu variety) and I had a grilled chicken sandwich. Both came with a generous portion of hand-cut fries. The owner, a soft-spoken gentlemen from Texas, was trying out fries that were done to their usual standard and fries that were slightly extra-crispy. I appreciated that he asked my kids to taste test and give their opinions! The buns for the sandwiches added the PERFECT tasty touch to already yummy food. They are flown in daily from a bakery in Texas....and they are amazing! This little restaurant (about 5 little tables in the back and counter seating for 3 or 4) has one small freezer for the veggie burgers....all the other meat is grilled fresh - never frozen. The quality is evident and appreciated!
We are heading into Chicago for another Cubs game this week and all three teens asked if we can eat at Fatty's. Request happily granted!
Give Fatty's a try, despite the less-than-healthy name. Fair prices for one of the best chicken sandwiches I've ever had! The kids finished their burgers (teen daughter had some trouble finishing her huge burger) and now compare other restaurant's burgers to Fatty's! A new standard!

• Visited June 2013

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Good vibe, great burger!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Happened into this neighborhood place a few weeks ago when visiting Chicago. Didn't look like much from the outside, but I was in a burger mood so went in. Very friendly and helpful staff and very seriously the best burger I've ever had. Fantastic fries too. Something about the juiciness of the meat and the slight sweetness of the soft bun, to say nothing of the fresh and delicious toppings conspired to send me over the burger top. Now, if they only served beer...

• Visited May 2013
“Damn good burgers”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Tried "The Free Agent" burger. Extremedura tasteful and juicy. The buns are soft with a toasted side. The wasabi mayo was a interesting side to it. They are quite cheap and the sizes are almost too much for one meal - but I would most definetely go again!

• Visited April 2013