“Wish they were still on Michigan Ave.”
Review of Garrett Popcorn Shops - CLOSED

Garrett Popcorn Shops
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Arkansas
“Wish they were still on Michigan Ave.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Our visit to Chicago is never complete without a visit to Garretts. We have learned to order down one size. The flavors are rich and nice on a cool Chicago evenings. We even remembered to take some home to the kids this time.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
ohiohockeyguy
“Good, but too much hype”
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I think the hype hurt this one for me. Don't get me wrong, it was good popcorn. But it didn't "wow" me. I find movie theater popcorn better. Should you try it? Of course. It's a Chicago tradition. Just don't set your hopes too high and you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank ohiohockeyguy
Phoenix, Arizona
“Best Popcorn Ever!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I visited downtown Chicago this past weekend and as I walked down Michigan ave, I decided to get some Garrett's popcorn. There are several locations downtown, but the location on Randolph st is a location where there was no long line and the staff was great. I tried the caramel three nut mix. I was in heaven! It was worth the walk for sure!

• Visited October 2013
Houston, TX
“Chicago Mix is the Best!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stopped at the Navy Pier location and there was a long line, but it moved fast. Service was quick once you get to the register and with the line so long, you have more than enough time to decide what you're going to order. My favorite is the Chicago Mix (caramel and cheddar mixed together) as I discovered it several years ago on my first trip to Chicago. It still tastes as good today as it did the first time I tasted it.

The Chicago mix may not sound very good at first if you've never tried it, but if you like both flavors (caramel and cheddar), you have to try it together at least once before you reject it. I admit I was a little skeptical at first, not believing that the mix would taste good, but my friend assured me it was something I needed to try, so I did. Now whenever anyone from the office goes to Chicago, we're always asking them to bring back Garrett's for us if they can. If you like flavored popcorn, definitely make a stop at Garrett's!

Corinth, Texas
“The best popcorn”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Wow once you step inside the shop the smell is amazing you will want to order it all . We picked some of each with some recommended blend the Carmel mixed with the cheese sounds crazy but you gotta try it !!

1 Thank Teresa O