“A Very Good Treat”

Neighborhood: Magnificent Mile
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“A Very Good Treat”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Waited in line for a few minutes anticipating the popcorn on Michigan Avenue. It is very good. We shared a jumbo bag for $14. Costco sells a Chicago Mix that tastes almost identical to this in a prepackaged bag for a fraction of the cost. If you can't get to Garretts then try Costco.

Visited June 2013

• Korean first
Houston, Texas
“Great Gift!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Garrett's usually has a line (and delectable aroma) snaking outside the door and out toward Michigan Avenue. I went on a Monday afternoon and there was no wait, just 2 or 3 people in line. Garrett's makes a great gift to take back to work colleagues or neighbors who are so loyal and kind to watch your dog while you are away!

The Chicago Mix is a mix of salty soft cheesy popcorn and sweet crunchy crisp caramel popcorn. Most people I gave the gift to comment they like the caramel better. They also have varieties with nuts.

I got a small bag of kettle corn which was DIVINE! It is lightly sweetened with sugar and salt - not as decadent and heavy as caramel corn but not boring either! I think it is my favorite.

Cute tins in a variety of designs makes it a great gift idea. Plus, they seal the rim of the tins with shrink wrap to keep it fresh. Because of this, I recommend the 1 and 2-gallon tins over the bags. The bags will go stale quickly while the tins will stay fresher longer. I took a 1-gallon tin to work 48 hours after i bought it and it was still fresh and tasty.

Phoenix, Arizona
“My office told me I couldn't return w/o some Garrett's”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Wow, that stuff is addicting. We visited the Garrett's at the Navy Pier. Same great popcorn as at the other locations. Well set-up for heavy crowds. Service with a smile. Free samples. Pecan Carmel Corn. MMMMmm.

Louisiana
“OMG.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

You can smell the fesh popcorn a block away. It pulls you in.
Absolutely worth the wait in line. Do yourself a favor and get extra.
The Chicago Mix is to die for.

• Visited October 2012
Chesterton, Indiana
“Excellent Popcorn Long Lines”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I just visited their store off N Michigan Ave. Big, bright, and lots of people working. Unfortunately there were also long lines because they had just one cash register working. When I inquired, they told me that they just had one person who could run it. C'mon, in this technology age, most people can run a register. The popcorn is excellent. I think I will have some right now.

• Visited June 2013