“I Died and Went to Pearls”

Pearl's Place Restaurant
Ranked #1,130 of 10,821 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet
Neighborhood: Grand Boulevard
Description: Located in Chicago's prestigious Bronzeville Community, just 5 mins from Downtown and the South Loop area, Pearl's Place offers a unique experience, combining delicious home-style foods with the service and attention of a fine-dining restaurant. We offer the best, freshly-prepared breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets in town, featuring southern soul food selections prepared and served by our professional and accredited chefs.
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Heaven that is for authentic southern food, off the menu or buffet style. Wonderfully welcoming, it really seems like everyone enjoys working there. I can't recommend Pearl's highly enough... I had to wait a year before returning to Chicago and this is the first place I headed to. Thank goodness there are still places like this in America. The real deal.

Date of visit: June 2013

Reviewed June 2, 2013

This is a unique restaurant. I went there with a friend for lunch and had the buffet. The Southern cooking was excellent-- I have never had pork ribs this good (the staff told me it's all in the rub)! The buffet--with beverage and dessert was a reasonable $13. The buffet comes with a small salad bar and at least seven meat choices. The staff serves you from the buffet--you don't go through and scoop up yourself. I will be going back.

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed May 17, 2013

It's a MUST to take in the wonderful dining experience at the Pearl Resturant adjoining Amber Inn! YUM YUM YUM!

Date of visit: May 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great customer service/Good Food Amber-Inn chicago was pleasant clean and the customer service is professional and pleasant. I intend to make future visits to Amber-Inn / & Pearls place.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I took my mom to pearls place after a doctors appointment. We were seated after a few minutes however we waited 20 minutes for a waitress. Once it was decided who are server was things moved along fine until my food came. I order salmon croquet with rice and toast. My rice was cold and my toast didn't come for five minutes. Salmon was good moreover the biscuits at this place were the best I've had in a while. Also the buffet looks great. I think I'll try that next time.

Been to Pearl's Place Restaurant? Share your experiences!