“Interesting”

and up
Private Guided SUV Tour for up to 4 Guests
Ranked #25 of 657 things to do in Chicago
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We visited in winter, so there as no water in the fountain, but it was still interesting to stand between the two pillars and watch the changing faces and scenes.

There are newer reviews for Crown Fountain

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My grandsons consider this one of the best places when they visit Chicago...and it's free to everyone, though only the brave get really wet...wait for the surprise.

2  Thank Perudemisamores
Reviewed December 22, 2012

On a mild December day we took a friend who was visiting Chicago for the first time to view the fountain. I'm guessing the water is turned off when temps get too cold so what you see is an open plaza between the two video towers. Even so, this is something to see. The faces are interesting and the changes can be unexpected. A plus in winter - the faces are also visible from the sidewalk because the trees don't have leaves, which makes another interesting view.

Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

I'll never forget the first time I saw Crown Fountain, in 2007. A friend and I went on a very impromptu trip to Chicago- we had about $150 between us, and no place to stay- that's another story! We had no idea what Crown Fountain was. Imagine our surprise when the lips pursed and.... squirt! I fell in love with Chicago that day :)

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Fun place for kids and big kids to splash around especially when it's hot! Water spouts from the "mouths" on the massive glass brick walls. Great place to sit and watch the fun - or join in!!