“Pretty cool location :)”

Urban Holiday Lofts
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I stayed at Urban Holiday Lofts for about 4 nights. The location is absolutely fantastic! A lot of pubs around the location as well as some groceries. Within 10min by foot there is a subway station with direct access to Downtown or O'Hare (airport).

Had a small private room at the 4th floor which is the same level as the breakfast room is. Breakfast is included! Was my first hostel experience and I am surprised how good it was ^^

If I ever come back to Chicago I will stay there again, so fully recommendable!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Moritz83
Write a ReviewReviews (1,022)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed at this hostel for 6 nights in June. I was visiting Chicago with my parents and so we had a private room for three. Towels are provides for free. Breakfast (milk, tea/coffee, cereals, oatmeal, bagels) included in the price - but it's only from 8am to 10am. There's a washing machine, a dryer and several fridges. Possibility to rent bikes. The rooms and the bathrooms are clean. The staff is nice and helpful. The crowd staying at this hostel is different from what I've seen at other places. During my stay I saw families with young kids and seniors. The atmosphere was really peaceful and quiet.
The location is perfect. It's very close to the Blue Line which goes to the airport and works 24/7. The neighborhood - Wicker Park and Bucktown - is really interesting and full of restaurants, bars and vintage/second-hand stores.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank violettedemars
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here in June. The hostel is in a cool area - lots of shopping and eateries nearby. The red line is very near, also. There was breakfast included with the price of our stay which is a nice touch. The hostel was really the way to go to save some money and experience Chicago in fun atmosphere.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Travel2AZ
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My first hostel experience turned out to be a good one

The staff was sweet and helpfull
The loaction suberb in neighbourhood as cosy as was it a village - just a few stops from downtown - and a 5 min walk from loads of local coffee food and shop places

I stayed in a 7 people dorm with own bathroom. I loved meeting people from all over the world - and have made quite a few new friends. Also the common room was a fine hang out spot

I had the impression that quite an efford had been done to make URBAN HOLIDAY LOFTS a nice pleace to stay.

Asides from the big picture as : a newely restored building with thought paid to interiore and design and sleeping comfort
Also little details like :
markes attached to the fridge to mark your food, luminous bed no, breakfast coffee left out to make more pods, a very good, cheap eating places guide etc.

Only thing left to say : Thanks for hosting my Chicago adventure urban holidays loft

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Mia A
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a great place to stay at in a very neat part of Chicago. I reccomend staying here if you are young, or young at heart. I got a great mattress, clean sheets & towel, clean bathroom, clean room and very accomadting and SUPER friendly staff. It was great to talk to travellers who were in town from Finland. If you are not used to staying at guesthouses/hostels and think you are checking into a standard issue American hotel, you are in for a suprise. If you are light sleeper, bring ear plugs, or request a room away from the common room, or just go have fun with the international crew staying here.

Room Tip: away from bathroom door can be noisy with coming and going late at night.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank BenOuris
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hostel is in a great location away from the downtown touristy areas but close to a metro stop. Upon arriving, we were faced with a steep staircase but luckily our room was on the first level. This would be problematic for anyone with mobility issues. The dorm room had 4 bunks, a kitchenette (no microwave) and a private bath. The room is airy and spacious but the lighting isn't so great. Once lights are out, there is no private light per bunk as one would expect in a hostel. The lockers are small and do not fit suitcases so beware. There was a couch in the room to hang out on but the wifi is terrible. I ended up storing my laptop because the signal wasn't strong enough to even manage email. I did enjoy the experience but the extra dollars could go towards these small adds that one expects in a mainstream hostel. I did not try the breakfast because there is a cute shop downstairs that has everything you need (as well as the neighbourhood but note it is very pricey). I should also mention the staff were pretty great. I wish I knew his name but to the gent who recommended Kingston Mines, thank you!! It was a great venue that I highly recommend. Parking was scarce but luckily I pulled in as an opening was made available. I left the vehicle there for the entire trip. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hostel is brand new and modern with great facilities and a really cool interior. The staff are very friendly. It is in a nice area of Chicago with lots of cool little restaurants/bars etc. The only con is the 3 flights of VERY steep stairs to get in and out and no lift.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends