“Refreshingly different and fresh”
Review of Native Foods Cafe

Native Foods Cafe
Ranked #215 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that I was more than a little hesitant to try this place.

It is a vegan restaurant and so don't expect meat, fish or dairy (of which I love all those!).

Staff were super helpful with recommendations.

I got polenta bites to start with and then a tofu Moroccan bowl for main and both were absolutely delicious!

They also make their own drink and the lavender lemonade is fantastic.

I did not miss the meat at all. I would definitely return for lunch or dinner. Prices are really good too.....$20 for 3 courses and a drink.

There are newer reviews for Native Foods Cafe

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Great vegan and vegetarian place. I'm a meat eater myself but their "chicken" wings are tasty. Great buffalo sauce too. Can't beat the non-greasy sweet potato or regular fries.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

So happy there's a Native Foods in the city! Great place to have a meal anytime, but this location is definitely crazy busy during lunch. There's always a line (probably because its so good). There are so many menu options that you may want to check the list before you go! There is an option to order online so that'll save you from waiting in line. I had a dish in mind, but my server talked me into trying the special for the day which was burger. Very good and I'd definitely go back again. There are vegan desserts lined up in the showcase which look irresistible. So I opted for a chocolate cupcake! It wasn't very sweet and could have been more moist. Seating can be limited during lunch hour so not the best option if you have a large group. Other locations have most space and seating.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

This was my first trip to Native Foods Cafe and the staff were all so friendly and helpful. The food was delicious and 100% plant based. I really enjoyed my dinner there.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Crowded at lunch with health concious diners. This place is a staple for me for the chili to go. Noisy for dining in but decent for a quick take out (well, not always so quick), it has a good variety of vegan offerings that seem to appeal to a wide variety of patrons. Salads, soups, wraps, etc., all without meat, etc.

Been to Native Foods Cafe? Share your experiences!