“Vegan YUM”

Native Foods Cafe
Ranked #197 of 9,530 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Lowell, Michigan
“Vegan YUM”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

After determining the cab fare to Handlebar was too $$ but still wanting to try something vegan, we found this place and loved it. It was jam packed but the service was fast. My salad with marinated tofu and peanut noodles was out of this world, and my husband the meat-eater loved his reuben. I wish they had Native Foods in Grand Rapids, Michigan.

Visited October 2013

• Polish first
toronto
“Wow-Who Knew Veggie/Gluten Free Could Be So Good”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

In town for the marathon with both a gluten free eater and and a vegetarian-read good reviews here on Trip Advisor. Wow, they put Fresh here in Toronto to shame. Who knew quick serve vegan food could be so good-it was. read the menu, line up & order & pay and behold, it gets delivered to the # on your table. We had a mix of plates including the Aztec salad, the scorpion burger (tempeh) andthe BBQ bowl (with soy "chicken"). Have to say, the BBQ bowl was about as southwestern as it gets, all on a baked potato-delicious-creamy, corn, flavors etc etc. Polenta bites were also very good. For my wife and I, 2 mains and the polenta bites was $28. real tasty-definitely go back. If you like Fresh in Toronto, you have to visit Native Foods in Chicago or California. If it is your first time, sign up and they'll give u a free lavendar lemonade or a watermelon mist!

• Visited October 2013
Seacliff, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Native Foods-- Amazing!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

What an enjoyable meal we had!!! We were in town for a medical convention, and had heard that Native Foods was good, so we gave it a try. Without going into details, since I don't recall the names of the dishes we ordered, they were all really tasty and satisfying!

One thing I do remember is the brownie. I'm a brownie lover, and this was as close to the perfect brownie as I've had in a long time. Moist, chocolaty, and with a lot of chocolate chips on the top. Hmmmmmmm....

And the best thing about this place is that it's 100% vegan. Whether you eat that kind of diet or not, you're going to love Native Foods.

And the employees were so very nice...

• Visited October 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Newly vegetarian”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

native Foods was terrific. As a new vegetarian, it can be difficult to find places or food that I really like. The selection was awesome and the taste even better.

Visited September 2013
Dayton, Ohio
“You Won't Miss the Meat”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Full disclosure: I'm not a vegan, but I very much want to be. Places like Native Foods Cafe make me want to make the jump to fully plant based diet.

I was first introduced to Native Food Cafe on a trip to Boulder, Colorado. I didn't have a chance to partake, so imagine my thrill to find one just six blocks away from my hotel in Chicago. I stopped in Friday night and had a delicious dinner of the Sesame Kale Macro Bowl. It was not only delicious, but ultra filling. I couldn't finish the bowl and I was pretty hungry going in. It came with a seaweed cucumber salad that was just as delicious.

To top it all off, the lavender lemonade was to die for. My only regrets is there isn't any Native Foods around me at home in Ohio. Chicago is the closest and now one more reason for me to head back to the Windy City as often as I can.

• Visited September 2013