“Yummy & affordable vegan food”
Review of Native Foods Cafe

Native Foods Cafe
Ranked #223 of 9,766 Restaurants in Chicago
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Delicious food. I had the tofu wraps (appetizer) and they were delicious. The lavender lemonade with free refills was so refreshing. I cannot wait to come back and try another dish.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I visited with a Vegan friend and tried the Chicken Run Ranch Burger and the regular seasoned fries. Both were very good. Per the cashier, this is a good dish for a first timer to try. I would say this is a fast food atmoshphere in that you order at a register, and they bring out the food as it is ready. However, the menu options are more than I would expect for a fast food Vegan place. Everyone working there was very friendly and knowlegable about the food. I would visit again.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Being a vegan (actually vegeterian) and in downtown Chicago, I thought the food options will be limited. But not only downtown some of the best restaurants in the world, there are some really great vegetarian options.

Native Foods cafe takes the vegetarian experience to a whole new level!

Its right between the Clarke and Adams street in the same building as the Club Quarters Hotel.

With names like Rueben and Hamburger on menu I thought this place server non veg as well, but I was wrong everything here come from the earth.

On my many trips I tried a lot of stuff here and everything was amazing! the Classic Deli Rueben, The Scorpion Burger were just outstanding.

The drinks are also with a healthy twist I loved the Lavender lemonade (which was bottomless!)

The staff is very helpful always smiling, you can clearly see how passionate they are about their food!

If you are a vegan and going to stay in USA for long I would recommend you to take a "Native Card" it'll be really worth it!

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Typically, I have to really scrutinize a menu for food I feel good about eating. I walked in and was thrilled to be able to pick from the entire menu. We tried six different dishes plus two different desserts and all of it was outstanding. Quick, clean, nice plating and delish with a friendly staff to top it all off!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We had a Moroccan Bowl, a mexican salad, and a polenta appetizer, all delicious. This is not the place to look for very creative dishes (it is a cafe, not a fancy restaurant) but it seems to be about well-made simple dishes with an american/mexican touch (and, of course, that are vegan). This place is superior to three other vegan/vegetarian places of the same type that we tried in the chicago area -- The Chicago Diner, Blind Faith Cafe, and Karin's Cooked.