“Highly Recommended” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago
“Highly Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had a little difficulty finding the place even with GPS but the stay was enjoyable, the staff very friendly and helpful. Since I needed a handicap accessible room, they were abble to accommodate. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank David L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Bull Shoals, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Clean and functional, but the attitude of the staff and management puts this little place above the rest. Not only did they have a free shuttle, but took me to and collected me from local resturants.
Save yourself time surfing around looking for value and book this little gem. You will not be disapointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Peter P
Vermillion, SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Everything here is fine. The staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are nice, and it's near the subway line. I will definitely stay here again. There's no swimming pool or restaurant, and there doesn't seem to be a NA option on the checklist, for things that they don't have.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Nuremberg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We flew into Midway, called the hotel, the shuttle picked us up in 5 minutes. Check in was easy, they turned the heat on in the room before we got there, the internet was at full power on the far side of the building, the room was HUGE, the bed was HUGE, good shower pressure, good cable, they offered to print our boarding passes and gave us a ride back to the airport for FREE! (we tipped well, please tip well)
All in all a great hotel for a night's sleep and a clean room.
I didn't wonder the neighborhood, so I can't vouch for that but it looked cool and local. The restaurant up the street was really friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nate T
Tenerife, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The reason why I made a reservation at this motel was that it was the only accommodation available in the whole Chicago area with reasonable rates and easily reached by metro (last stop on the orange line before Midway, 5 minutes on foot to the hotel). It turned out to be an excellent choice, and I can confirm the positive reviews already posted. When checking in, I was asked whether I preferred first or second floor, and I replied that I'd like a room far from the street. I was given room 215, on the second floor and facing northwest. It was extremely quiet, as the only noises I could hear (at daytime) were kids playing, planes on their landing path to Midway (which didn't bother me in the least), and occasionally a train whistle. The room was not really spacious, but more than adequate, clean and well equipped with fridge, microwave, coffee machine, and flat-screen TV with lot of channels. The queen size bed was firm but comfortable. I could sleep very well with no need for earplugs. The only very minor issue was that inside the room the WiFi signal was somewhat week and the connection dropped from time to time (though just getting closer to the door it got much more stable).

Continental breakfast was simple but quite good. The personnel was very friendly and helpful: they sold me a 3-day CTA pass, gave me a transportation map and a few tips on how to use metro and buses. The last day I checked out before 11, and having my plane later in the afternoon, asked if I could stay in the lobby for a couple of hours or so working with the laptop: they invited me to stay in my room till I was ready to leave, for no extra charge; very nice of them, I really appreciated it! There are many sites where to eat at walking distance, you'll find a list in the room.

To summarize, this is a basic but very nice motel, with affordable rates, well connected by metro, and with outstanding service.

Room Tip: Rooms facing northwest are very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Des Moines, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I am retired from Delta Airlines and do get stranded sometimes. I was going to stay in the airport, but decided to check the hotel board and picked the Carlton Inn. I actually felt very welcome from the time I was picked up until I was dropped off. The Staff was wonderful. Couldn't have been nicer.
I loved the room. Very nice and modern, super clean and great decorating. I even felt I could stay longer if I had to...I could relax and not worry about all the cancelled flights due to the impending storm. I will stay there again and try to get into the downtown area, which i don't get to very often. So I actually hope to get stranded again! Love to Teddy!

I did have a small problem with ordering a "Chicago" pizza, which I really miss living in Seattle. The Pizza took almost 2 hours, even after calling. It came as cold as the weather!, and the ladies who answered the phone were very rude. The Manager Cathy called to see what she could do, but by then it was too late. I would not recommend Villa Rosa Pizza. But the hotel has a wonderful list of local eateries, which i will definitely try next time.

Room Tip: i was on the ground floor with cars parked outside and it was Quiet! I think any room would be grea...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed here the night of Dec 12 after a 3 hour drive from Wisconsin. The room was clean, the workers were friendly. We woke up the next morning to a pretty good breakfast that they had in the lobby. The sausage and egg bagels we good, if I remember right they were from Dunkin Doughnuts. The doughnuts were also tasty :). After our 12 day trip, we called to be picked up from the airport and they were pretty fast picking us up and the driver was also friendly. I would recommend this place to my friends and I would stay here again next time we fly out of Midway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family