“Perfect For a One Night Airport Stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Ranked #124 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Los Angeles, California
“Perfect For a One Night Airport Stay!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

This hotel was great to come to after a late flight. Check-in and Check-out was a breeze! The staff is very happy and friendly, even at very late and early hours of the day! The airport shuttle was very efficient. We had no problems parking our car here before our stay. (reverse parking) I wouldn't stay here for a vacation, but is awesome for business or airport stay! They could update the interiors of the rooms to be more competitive with some of the other area hotels. Be prepared for when you turn the TV on for it to be extremely loud! This hotel is great for the price!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Hi Paul K,

Thank you for sharing a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us at our hotel; we would love to have you. Thank you!

N Patterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Brainerd
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My son and I spent a weekend here after flying in from Minn and heading to the Notre Dame football game. Van picks you up from the airport and takes you to the hotel every 15 minutes. Good service at front desk-ask to be upgraded to a suite which we got. Nice mattress & pillows. The breakfast was a typical HI Express. Three hot dishes + breads, pancakes, biscuts & gravy, bacon & scrambled eggs. All good! Walk two blocks down the street or order Giordano's to your room. The stuffed deep dish is as good as Chicago Pizza gets!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. It is feedback from valued guests like yourself that keeps us motivated and striving to be the best hotel in the Midwest! I can always assure you that you can always expect friendly service and a great breakfast each and every time that you stay at our property. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle services .I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future if your plans call for traveling to Chicago. Thanks again, and I hope to see you soon at the Holiday Inn Express Chicago Midway!

San Antonio, TX
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hotel seems a little older (I had just stayed in a renovated Best Western the night before, so I was wishing for newer). It was noisy inside and out. I set the radio to a static station and played it all night for "white noise" to drown out all the other sounds. Could even hear people going to the bathroom and flushing in adjacent rooms. (yuck).
The place was clean and beds were fine. Got there late and left early, thank goodness. Very convenient to catch the free shuttle to and from Midway Airport.

Room Tip: Do not get a room anywhere near the lobby. The 2nd floor has rooms with doors that open out onto a...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear HSmommyto3,

Thanks for staying with us and leaving your feedback. Please allow us to apologize for the issues that you had with your room accommodations and any inconvenience that this may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as this continually helps us to improve the facilities and service that we offer to our guest. We would love for you to stay with us again and give us another opportunity. I am more than confident that we will exceed your expectations. Once again, thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express !

NW Indiana
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed here using their park and fly option which was great! Quick and friendly shuttle service to Midway, parked in their lot for 9 days and all was well when returned. Nice breakfast, but tables are packed in, close together and it was difficult for my disabled husband to navigate on his scooter, a wheelchair user would definitely have problems unless they can get an outer table.

We booked a handicap accessible room and expected a shower chair to be in the room. It was not upon check in. I called down to the desk, was told they would find one. Called again when we returned from our evening plans when it wasn't brought to the room, she couldn't find one. We never got one. I had one packed in our luggage for later in the trip and had to get it out and assemble it for him to shower in the morning. And though I tried to dry it thoroughly, we still had wet clothes when we got to our final destination.

We specifically booked a handicap room to have these items available. He also had to step over the side of a deep tub which I didn't expect. He can do it, but it's not ideal or safe. The bathroom was big enough for a wheelchair to turn around in, but not possible for someone in a chair to bathe.

Other than the issues with booking a handicap accessible room which should NOT have been an issue - we are lucky we had the tools to work around these challenges - it was a nice stay. I didn't have time to discuss this when we took off or landed, though I did mention my frustration at check out and she said we'd get extra points for our trouble. So far, not there.

There are plenty of hotels in the complex, for a few dollars more we might try another hotel in the future as I don't know if I have the confidence they can take care of my husband's disability needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Hello racegrrl,

First and foremost I would like to apolgize for the issues that arose during your stay. I can assure you that this is not of the norm and I am truly embarassed that this even occured. We have an ample amount of shower chairs and I am sorry that you were not delivered one. I also see that you were not credited the points that you were promised, if you would please contact the hotel directly one of the managers will make sure to assist you. Thank you for staying with us. I hope that you will give us another chance if you are ever in the area and I hope to speak to you soon.

Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for two nights following an Upper Midwest road trip. We were able to return our rental car a couple of days early since the hotel provides a shuttle to the airport, and the CTA goes from Midway to downtown. We had a spacious room with two queen beds, plenty of storage space in the dresser and closet, places to sit, and enough floor space for opening luggage. A big plus was adequate towel bars which, it seems, have gone the way of the dial phone in many hotels! Bath products are from Bath and Body Works. Breakfast included hot dishes as well as the usual pastries, bagels, toast and yogurt. Small containers of low-fat and non-fat milk were also available; and hot drinks were available in the lobby 24-hours. We were able to print our boarding passes in the Business Center. The hotel held our luggage so that we could go downtown before our late afternoon flight.

I do have two issues to report:
1) When my charge was put through, it was for almost $100 more than the total for the room and taxes. When I asked about it, the young lady at the desk said they automatically added $30 per night for incidentals when they authorized the charge; however, that would have only equaled $60, so the amount was a mystery. It would be nice if guests were given this information at check-in. It wasn't a big deal for me, but it might be a problem for someone close to the credit limit on a charge card.
2) This is something that is done at many hotels, and it really bothers me because it is wasteful. Our soaps were replaced with new bars the second day. I don't know of anyone who uses a new bar of soap every day at home; so if the same guests are in the room, why the new soap? It is my hope that the hotel participates in the "Clean the World" recycling program.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hi ColoradoTraveler5,

Thanks so much for the great feedback! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us!! Yes, we do participate in a "Keep it Green" program. I will definitely speak to my staff about changing the soap daily. As for the authorization on your credit card I will have to look into this. As my front desk agent stated, we normally only authorize an additional $25. Thanks again for the wonderful comments and the great suggestions. Without feedback from guest like yourself we would be unable to improve our services and product. Thanks again and we hope that you will stay with us again when traveling to Midway!!

Miami
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had to make a last minute reservation here when we missed a flight at Chicago Midway airport due to heavy traffic. There are four Holiday Inn Express hotels around the airport so make sure you go to the right one! Our hotel was very well located and had very nice check in staff and a lovely fresh smell in reception. The rooms were very comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows and all the modern amenities you would expect from a hotel. The only thing that was an issue is that a free breakfast is not provided, they do have a restaurant in the hotel that opens early to provide breakfast, but we assumed since we'd stayed at other Holiday Inn Express hotels that breakfast would be included and it is not. They also have an airport shuttle but we did not use it as we had a rental car. Very clean and very nice staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Hello mwooduk,

Thanks for your review. I apologize but I think you may have stayed at the Full Service Holiday Inn across the parking lot. We do offer complimentary breakfast and we do not have a restaurant. There are 2 Holiday Inn Branded Hotels near Midway and I know how confusing it can be. Thanks for being a loyal IHG guest and I hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn/Holiday Inn Express!!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was by far probably the best I've stayed in yet for that hotel chain! Our flight arrived at Midway at 7:30 a.m. and we took the shuttle atraight to the hotel knowing that checkin wasn't until 3:00 p.m. The receptionist welcomed us and invited us to enjoy breakfast while we waited until the room was ready. Around 9:30 we were told our room was ready! We were thrilled as we'd been up since 4 that morning and couldn't wait to get a nap. These people know what it's means to make your stay comfortable. The room was extremely clean, there were three shower head settings which I'd not experienced at other locations, and most of all, the kindness and hospitality of all of the staff was amazing! You can tell the staff cares about their reputation! Great area too. A brisk walk over the hill to a food store, Walmart or Target, nice restaraunts within minutes of a walk and the shuttle was on time every fifteen minutes to run back and forth to the Chicago Midway Airport where you can catch the transit downtown. Was there for four days and I don't have a bad thing to say about them! Great job guys! I hope to one day visit again!!

• Stayed September 2013
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, and share your experience at our Holiday Inn Express Chicago Midway! We truly appreciate the compliments you shared about our facility and staff. I am glad that you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle services. We know you have many options at Midway, and we are grateful that you have chosen us for your visit!! We look forward to serving you again in the future!!

N Patterson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport? Share your experiences!