“Will definitely go back to this hotel if given the chance!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport

Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Ranked #122 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
“Will definitely go back to this hotel if given the chance!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express was by far probably the best I've stayed in yet for that hotel chain! Our flight arrived at Midway at 7:30 a.m. and we took the shuttle atraight to the hotel knowing that checkin wasn't until 3:00 p.m. The receptionist welcomed us and invited us to enjoy breakfast while we waited until the room was ready. Around 9:30 we were told our room was ready! We were thrilled as we'd been up since 4 that morning and couldn't wait to get a nap. These people know what it's means to make your stay comfortable. The room was extremely clean, there were three shower head settings which I'd not experienced at other locations, and most of all, the kindness and hospitality of all of the staff was amazing! You can tell the staff cares about their reputation! Great area too. A brisk walk over the hill to a food store, Walmart or Target, nice restaraunts within minutes of a walk and the shuttle was on time every fifteen minutes to run back and forth to the Chicago Midway Airport where you can catch the transit downtown. Was there for four days and I don't have a bad thing to say about them! Great job guys! I hope to one day visit again!!

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review, and share your experience at our Holiday Inn Express Chicago Midway! We truly appreciate the compliments you shared about our facility and staff. I am glad that you were able to utilize our complimentary shuttle services. We know you have many options at Midway, and we are grateful that you have chosen us for your visit!! We look forward to serving you again in the future!!

N Patterson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Korean first
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was there for my bday with a couple of family members and the employess were extremely nice, John Cantore, I guess that how he spells his name, was so patient and knowledgeable. I really love how professional he was and also curtieous. I would recommend this hotek to everyone I know, and also I would go back! Love ,love this hotel

Room Tip: Suites are the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Portage, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

All in all the hotel and its property was nice and clean. It had what we needed and they got us to the airport on time...it was nice and quiet. Was there in in fall, so didn't get to use the pool, though it looked nice Didn't use spa or workout room either...

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This exceeded my expectations for attractiveness, comfort, convenience, breakfast, friendliness. The beds were very comfortable. This is the first stop on the hotel shuttle pick up at Midway. The breakfast had biscuits & gravy as well as bacon along with their world famous cinnamon rolls. The coffee and orange juice were also high quality. The staff was very friendly and helpful. No warts on this place. I'll always use this for stays in/out of Midway.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review!! It really touched my heart that this was the "Best Holiday Inn Express" you have stayed in! I shared your comments with my team this morning and they were ecstatic! Our hotel mission is the best the cleanliest and friendliest hotel in the Midwest and I am glad that we have accomplished this with your stay. We look forward to welcoming you again and I'm sure that it will be just as enjoyable!

Decatur, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

The airport shuttle was very convenient. All of the staff I dealt with were friendly & efficient. My room was clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay here the next time I fly from Midway. HIE is my usual chain and I think this was definitely up to the regular standards. In addition to the convenient shuttle there are several other hotels with restaurants in the area and room service was offered which is unusual for a HIE. There was noise from the airport but you will have that at any hotel so close to an airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Hello, Thanks for staying with us. I'm glad to see you enjoyed it. Our staff is focused with maintaining a clean and friendly environment for every guest. I'm pleased to see that was successful during your visit. I hope your travel plans bring you back to Holiday Inn Express Chicago Midway and I look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Nicole Patterson
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

When I found out we would be staying near the airport, I thought we would be plagued with the sound of airplanes all night long. However, I heard not a single airplane all night long, but heard them when I left the hotel in the morning. This may have been because we were on the side of the hotel facing away from the airport, but it is still incredible. The lobby was neat with the bricked arched entrance and ceiling. The rooms were standard Holiday Inn Express rooms, clean and quaint.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience here at the Holiday Inn Express Midway! We hope to see you again if you're ever in the Chicagoland area! Thank You!

Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Front desk staff extremely friendly, room clean showing a little wear. Breakfast was standard HI Express fare. Plenty of tables to eat.
Hotel in immediate vicinity of three other hotels so shop for best price/special deal.
Female traveling alone and I felt very safe.
Will return

Room Tip: Try to be away from noisy elevator area
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear merrydb,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I appreciate and wish to thank you for the kind words for the staff. This encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Hampton Inn Chicago-Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#3 of 5 in Bedford Park
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
No photo provided

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport? Share your experiences!