“Overnight stay”

Ranked #127 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Upland, Ca
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

stopped overnight and used reward points. Dirty carpet, after walking on the carpet my shoes left marks on the bathroom floor. Desk clerk complained about how tired she was, (that's Chicago). Free shuttle from the Airport. Close to a few restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank BobBarb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Dear BobBarb,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. We appreciate your nice comment regarding location and shuttle service.

However, It sounds like we fell below your expectations especially on cleanliness of the carpet. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My sister and I had a wonderful time in Chicago and enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. A special shout out goes to Evelyn at the front desk. She answered all of our questions and advised us on what we should do in Chicago since it was our first visit. She helped make our trip even better!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
HIXMidway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Holiday Inn Express Midway. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! I will be sure to pass along your comments to Evelyn as well as the housekeeping team. Thank you for your staying, we look forward to serving you again in the future!

mark.batchik@whitelodging.com
708-458-0202
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I really wish I could give this hotel a good rating since the desk manager was so nice and the room itself was fine - but I came home with bedbug bites. I hope I didn't come home with some hitchiking bugs as well. Sorry, folks, stay away.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary B
HIXMidway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for your review, I apologize for your experience that you had while staying here. We have had your room inspected and it showed no trace of bed bugs. Our housekeepers and managers have all been trained to check for bed bugs and are very detailed in the process. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I really like this hotel. The staff is fantastic and I felt at home coming down the stairs for breakfast. It does have a great location but the hotel offers so much more. I guarantee I will be back. If you check in I sure hope you get Jan as she is the best and do not forget to grab a cookie.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
HIXMidway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for the review on our hotel. I am pleased that you felt at home during your stay and look forwad to welcoming you back during your next vist.

Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This was a very good stay at a reasonable price. Every person I interacted with was knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly. Breakfast was very good, with a large selection of items: bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, variety of pastries, and cinnamon rolls. The entire facility is clean, comfortable, and in great shape. There was fresh fruit and bottled water available at check-in as well. And even though we were less than a mile away from the airport, you couldn't hear the planes from inside the building. Things I didn't take advantage of but were available were a free shuttle to and from the airport, fitness center, and business center (including a printer). I even lost my cell phone in my room, and housekeeping found it, and a relative was promptly alerted that they had retrieved it. Because I had already left, they said they would ship my phone through FedEx overnight to my residence in Indiana (which I had to pay for, but I understand that.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for reviewing the hotel! I am happy that we provided a clean and comfertale room for you. I am pleased that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast that we offer. We look forward to your next visit!

Michigan
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is a very nice HIEx. Front desk staff were very warm and welcoming. From the lobby to the room, everything was super clean and appealing. I don't normally take advantage of the breakfast bars in the morning at any hotel, but had some time and did so at this HIEx. Very tasty mini cheese omelettes, sausage links, variety of bagels, breads and muffins, fruits, juices, coffee, etc. Sampled one of their cinnamon rolls...delish! Business center was very nice as well with 2 computers and a printer. The room itself was nicely appointed with just-right plush towels in the bathroom, with everything very clean and comfortable overall. While the noise from nearby Midway Airport can't be helped, it is noticeable. That being said, it didn't interrupt my sleep. Again, props to the front desk staff, and to Evelyn especially who was very nice, funny and provided me with a toiletry that I left behind at another hotel. The parking fee is a bit hefty but I knew this up-front. I will very likely stay at this hotel again in the future. My *only* complaint is that the bed felt exceptionally stiff and uncomfortable (room 208 if management would like to check it out). Thanks to staff for a comfortable one-night stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kate A
Leon, Mexico
Reviewed February 22, 2012

It was a very nice stay. It is very close to the Midway Airport and they even pick you up at your arrival. They have everything you need, plus the breakfast is included. The staff was very friendly, they even helped us to print our boarding pass at the end of our stay.
Very recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy Q
HIXMidway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you for staying and reviewing the hotel. I am happy that we met all your needs during your stay. We strive to provide great service and I am happy that we provided this to you. I look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Midway next time you're in town.

Best Regards,
708-458-0202
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chicago
Fairfield Inn & Suites Chicago Midway Airport
Holiday Inn Chicago - Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
Sleep Inn Midway Airport
#4 of 5 in Bedford Park
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago Midway Airport
Courtyard Chicago Midway Airport
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport? Share your experiences!