“Great Stay in all aspects.”

Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport
Ranked #124 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Terre Haute, Indiana, United States
“Great Stay in all aspects.”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This was a very good stay at a reasonable price. Every person I interacted with was knowledgeable, efficient, and friendly. Breakfast was very good, with a large selection of items: bacon, eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, variety of pastries, and cinnamon rolls. The entire facility is clean, comfortable, and in great shape. There was fresh fruit and bottled water available at check-in as well. And even though we were less than a mile away from the airport, you couldn't hear the planes from inside the building. Things I didn't take advantage of but were available were a free shuttle to and from the airport, fitness center, and business center (including a printer). I even lost my cell phone in my room, and housekeeping found it, and a relative was promptly alerted that they had retrieved it. Because I had already left, they said they would ship my phone through FedEx overnight to my residence in Indiana (which I had to pay for, but I understand that.)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
HIXMidway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Thank you for reviewing the hotel! I am happy that we provided a clean and comfertale room for you. I am pleased that you enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast that we offer. We look forward to your next visit!

Mark Batchik

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
Michigan
Reviewed April 28, 2012

This is a very nice HIEx. Front desk staff were very warm and welcoming. From the lobby to the room, everything was super clean and appealing. I don't normally take advantage of the breakfast bars in the morning at any hotel, but had some time and did so at this HIEx. Very tasty mini cheese omelettes, sausage links, variety of bagels, breads and muffins, fruits, juices, coffee, etc. Sampled one of their cinnamon rolls...delish! Business center was very nice as well with 2 computers and a printer. The room itself was nicely appointed with just-right plush towels in the bathroom, with everything very clean and comfortable overall. While the noise from nearby Midway Airport can't be helped, it is noticeable. That being said, it didn't interrupt my sleep. Again, props to the front desk staff, and to Evelyn especially who was very nice, funny and provided me with a toiletry that I left behind at another hotel. The parking fee is a bit hefty but I knew this up-front. I will very likely stay at this hotel again in the future. My *only* complaint is that the bed felt exceptionally stiff and uncomfortable (room 208 if management would like to check it out). Thanks to staff for a comfortable one-night stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Kate A
Leon, Mexico
Reviewed February 22, 2012

It was a very nice stay. It is very close to the Midway Airport and they even pick you up at your arrival. They have everything you need, plus the breakfast is included. The staff was very friendly, they even helped us to print our boarding pass at the end of our stay.
Very recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Nancy Q
HIXMidway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you for staying and reviewing the hotel. I am happy that we met all your needs during your stay. We strive to provide great service and I am happy that we provided this to you. I look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express Midway next time you're in town.

Best Regards,
708-458-0202
australia
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I stayed for one night before a very early flight out of Chicago.
The staff were all very very friendly and efficient.
There were cookies on the desk in the afternoon i noticed and the business centre was great.
The room was very quiet and comfortable and also very very clean
Nice bathroom
I think they could do with some new pillows but it was still a very nice and comfortable stay
There is a 24 hour free shuttle to/from the airport.
Would definately stay again if flying out of midway.
I didnt eat breakfast as I had a very early dept but the hotel is in a Hotel complex and there is a TGI Friday there where I had lunch/dinner
All very very convenient and there are a number of restauran6ts that will deliver , menus are in the rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Ohio
Reviewed January 30, 2012

I think the best thing about this hotel is that I made the reservations through a third party and upon check in, weeks after the reservation, the charges were put through for the room. The staff said that they will accept cancelations! Also we parked a car there during a later stay, in January, when we flew out of Midway and had no problems with our car. The shuttle drivers were polite and helped us with our luggage.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Ohioillinois
HIXMidway, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Chicago-Midway Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2012
Thank you reviewing the Holiday Inn Express. I am happy that we met your expectations during your stay, and I will share your comments with the hotel staff! I look forward to you visiting us again next time that you are in Chicago.

Charlotte, NC
Reviewed January 30, 2012

The hotel and rooms are fine. Breakfast is adequate. The pool was greenish. Internet connection was lousy and we were near the lobby, so I can't imagine what it would be on the end. The rooms are quiet and spacious and the heat is easy to control.

What was lacking was how customers are treated, and no matter how nice the hotel, being rude and the "oops we forgot to tell you about the other charges" way of doing business breaks the deal.

First, they just kinda forget to tell you that their formerly free parking lot is now considered a revenue source. It is now $13/night to park your car. In my opinion, this amounts to false advertising and gouging. You aren't paying for valet service here, so why the charge? The lot is there anyway, it hasn't been charged for in the past, and this is one step short of charging your for your showers.

Second, the staff is rude. When I asked why I wasn't told about the parking fees when I made the reservations, she said it wasn't her problem. If it wouldn't have just been shooting myself in the foot (they wouldn't have cared) and traveling with an 80+ yr old man, I would have gone elsewhere just on principle.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Papadoc1000
Good Day,

I would like to personally apologize for the level of service you received during your stay with us. Both the hotel and the Midway Hotel Center have charged a Parking Fee since 2008, I apologize that the staff did not make this clear to you at Check in. We do not have a swimming pool at this hotel, so I can not address the pool being green. A complete upgrade on the hotel internet is currently being completed and will greatly enhance the speed of the network. I would again like to apologize for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay; feedback is extremely valuable and a great way for us to get better.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I'm a gold member so stay in this chain often. Hampton offers full breakfast at 6am. This is an airport hotel and we stay there because of early departures. Only bread and coffee available before 7. This is disappointing in an airport hotel. Management should reconsider with the Hampton sitting next door, which is where I'll stay next time. Never could connect with their internet. If you are a business traveler, think carefully.

Room Tip: If you need internet stay close to office