Kinzie Hotel
$134
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$232
$89
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$169
$101
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $183/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$132
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

$137
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $213/night.

Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$107
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

$118
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

$152
$139
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $187/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$131
$123
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$222
$199
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $239/night.

2,696 results
All reviewsamalfi hotelcontinental breakfastyogurtpublic housekinzie streetcocktail hourevening receptioncocktail receptionfree happy hourevery morningboutique hoteldonutsthe riverhard boiled eggselevator lobbyhouse of blueswithin walking distance
Reviewed July 9, 2010

The hotel is in walking distance to a lot of the local sights, but we did not like the abandoned building across the street or the seedy block around the corner. I'm sure that all of this is temporary. It appears that the empty building is in the process of being renovated and I suspect someone will close the hole in the wall bar around the corner and clean up the seedy block. The Amalfi is a nice, boutique style hotel but since my daughter and I were traveling alone, we were not very comfortable coming back to the room at night. The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. This is basically a mixed review...I liked the hotel, but there are so many in the area in better locations.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JTMAtlanta
Reviewed July 8, 2010

My friends and I stayed at Amalfi during the 4th of July long weekend and really enjoyed our stay. Here are the top things we liked:
1. Clean, big room
2. Short walk to many attractions (Mignificant Mile, Millenium Park, Navy Pier, The Loop, Architecture boat tour)
3. Cocktail hours
4. Breakfast in bed while watching World Cup (We grabbed breakfast from the hall and brought it back to the room)
5. Friendly and knowledgable staff
6. Short walk to nice restaurants (Harvey Carvey, Rockit, Dos Dablios, Webb Grill, R&D Grill, etc...)
7. The King size Bed & mattress.

Here are the things we didn't like:
1. Room thermostats - we couldn't turn 'off' the fan, it was constantly blowing at us at night.
2. Room view. Our friends got the room on the 3rd Floor that faces the parking lot and Rockit Bar . The restaurant had a rock band playing one night with the windows wide open. So you can imagine the noise level that came out from the bar.

Overall, the Pros far exceed the Cons. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys the experience boutique hotel offers.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We were checked into a room with empty beer bottles, dirty underwear in the closet and unclean bathroom. There was no manager available for an hour to take any complaints. We missed our show because of the extra time it took in moving into another room etc. Finally when I got to talk to the manager and complained about beer bottles especially when I had a child and a teenager with me she offered to send me wine and cheese to make up for the inconvenience!!! Staff was somewhat reluctant to take request of extra blankets at night. They kept telling me to look into the closet for extra blankets. I asked for two blanket , but they delivered one. I had to keep calling to get settled. I saw a comment form from the prior guest in our room on the study desk, who had taken the trouble of filling it out, but no one collected it or cared for it. ht. Noisy rooms. Can hear the doors all night. Thebreakfast items kept running out and had to make calls to get them replenished. I will not recommend this hotel to any one even at discounted rates!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Archana2010
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2010

The Management Team at the Amalfi wishes to convey and assure our clientele that the experience listed here is definitely not typical of a stay at the hotel as is evident by the very little negative feedback listed in our other reviews. We regret that an error was made and this guest was indeed checked into a room that was not fit for a new occupant. We have used this challenge as an opportunity to re-train our associates on this matter and the additional perceived inconsistencies so they will not occur again for any other guests. We are very sorry that the poster of this review did not have a great stay. Our Director of Guest Experience contacted her personally to extend our sincere apology.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stayed for 3 nights at the Amalfi. The staff were friendly and helpful ( made enquiries re baseball tickets , helped with directions and how to get around ) , the breakfast was great and so were the free drinks between 5.30pm and 7.00pm.
The hotel and rooms were very nice. The bed was the biggest and most comforatable my wife and I have ever slept in.
It was in a great location (across from The Trump Hotel ) and handy for the blue line that takes you to/from O'Hare.
The only complaint we had was that the room was advertised as a "city view room" which was the reason my wife booked it as a surprise for my 40th birthday. The room was at the front on the 2nd floor and looked out onto a run down building. We asked to be moved however we were told that they only had rooms on the 4th floor on the other side of the hotel which also looked out onto a building. Don't know whether the view would be better from a higher level - however I think most hotels in Chicago probably have the same problem.
Across the road was a blues bar and a Harry Caray bar. Only a short walk to Navy Pier. On the whole a great hotel and would not hesitate about staying there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HOLIDAYBUG1970
AmalfiHotelChicago, Guest Experience Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2010

I’m happy to know that our team was helpful during your stay and that you enjoyed the amenities, as well as our comfortable beds!

While we make every effort to accommodate room changes, I apologize for the lack of a more scenic view as the building across on Kinzie Street is only partially complete. I am pleased to announce, however, that with a recent government grant, this site will soon be home to a world-class museum dedicated to the nation’s television and radio history. Again we appreciate your comments and thank you for choosing the Amalfi for your special occasion.

Kindly,
Melissa Driza - Amalfi Hotel Chicago

Reviewed June 21, 2010

We spent a weekend at the Amalfi in Chicago. The location was very convenient for us. We took the South Shore train into town and the hotel was under 10 minutes walking time from the train. We also walked to Ed Debevic's for dinner, again a short walk. Harry Caray's is across the street and around the corner is also the House of Blues.

We found the hotel to be very clean, everyone was very friendly. The night reception on the 6th floor is a great touch! Breakfast was nice to have in the hallway, I liked not having to be fully dressed and ready for my day before getting some juice. My Dd was thrilled they had glazed doughnuts for the kids. She used the hot water to make hot chocolate, a big deal for her.

The bathroom is huge, it was refreshing to have that much room! The beds were very comfy and even though our room overlooked the alley it wasn't an issue. That happens in the city, not everything is a wonderful view. We loved our stay and hope to be back soon! My Dh now prefers this hotel to the Wyndham, that says alot for him!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank budbrlady
AmalfiHotelChicago, Guest Experience Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2010

We are thrilled you enjoyed your family weekend at the Amalfi! Especially when traveling with kids, our value-added amenities and central location really add up to savings on food and transportation! I am happy to share your review with our team and look forward to having you again.

Melissa Driza - Amalfi Hotel Chicago