Kinzie Hotel
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$203
$89
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $157/night.

$134
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $216/night.

$139
$124
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $218/night.

$140
$125
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$124
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $200/night.

$169
$101
Savings alert! 46% below average rates

The price you found is 46% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$139
$123
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $209/night.

Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$127
$107
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

$228
$199
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $241/night.

$132
$118
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 44% below average rates

The price you found is 44% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

2,695 results
All reviewsamalfi hotelcontinental breakfastyogurtpublic housekinzie streetcocktail hourevening receptioncocktail receptionfree happy hourevery morningboutique hoteldonutsthe riverhard boiled eggselevator lobbyhouse of blueswithin walking distance
Reviewed June 2, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Amalfi over Memorial Day weekend. I found a great deal on travelzoo.com and I'm glad we found this hotel. It is in a great location, about two blocks north of the river and about three blocks west of Michigan Avenue. The hotel features a small lobby, but the service at check-in was friendly and efficient. Our room was at the end of the hall and was large. I would say the features of the room were comparable with most other luxury hotels in Chicago. The room was very clean and comfortable and the king bed was great! My wife and I especially liked the free continental breakfast and the free evening reception on the 6th floor. The only drawback of our stay was that our room was right above an alley, which was constantly noisy. But, this was a minor setback compared to everything we loved about the hotel. I would definitely recommend the Amalfi to anyone staying in Chicago.

TIP: Do not park at the hotel. Way too expensive. There is a parking garage about two blocks away on LaSalle and Kinzie that charges way less.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
AmalfiHotelChicago, Guest Experience Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2010

We are very glad you enjoyed your holiday with us and appreciate your many compliments! I am, however, sorry to hear about the disturbances from the alley. While generally rare, we take noise complaints very seriously and work closely with the surrounding bars and restaurants on this issue. We advise guests to inform us of any concerns so that we may send security to investigate the cause.

Regarding parking, we urge guests to consider their driving needs during their stay. If you do not require frequent use of your car, many downtown garages are located nearby. Still for those who choose to valet, there is the luxury and added convenience of paying one flat fee for unlimited in-and-out privileges.

Again, thank you for sharing with other travelers your recommendation of our hotel. Best, Melissa Driza – Amalfi Hotel Chicago

Reviewed May 29, 2010

We stayed here when my husband had a meeting in the hotel. I wasn't sure about what to expect since we usually stay in the Gold Coast. The hotel far exceeded all of my expectations - from the staff to the room accommodations to the amenities, it was a nearly perfect experience. It is truly a boutique hotel; you step into a small lobby featuring a waterfall and small tables for service (this actually is the only weakness we found because it meant a delay in check in). The rooms are surprisingly spacious, very quiet, and very well appointed with free wireless, very comfortable beds and linens. The hotel offers a lovely continental breakfast served on each floor, which we found both convenient and welcome, so we could relax and get ready in our room and enjoy it privately. The nicest feature was the lovely evening reception offered for guests, featuring antipasto and excellent drinks, including their signature Amalfitini - it was fabulous! The hotel staff were all exceptionally accommodating; they kept our bags after we checked out and even allowed me to use their business center afterwards, even though technically, I was no longer a guest. This was extraordinarily generous of them and helpful to me (I was under a deadline). While the hotel is not directly off of Michigan Avenue, it's only a short walk to the beginning of the Magnificent Mile and some of the city's best restaurants, or to museums in the Loop. During our short time there, I had no trouble doing major retail damage all the way up to Oak Street and down to Monroe Street! We will definitely return and recommend it to others.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Neetz13
AmalfiHotelChicago, Guest Experience Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2010

As a new guest to the hotel, thank you so much for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! We appreciate being recognized for our boutique sensibility and are thrilled to have exceeded your expectations. It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your husband again and we hope to make your next stay equally as convenient and enjoyable.

Melissa Driza - Amalfi Hotel Chicago

Reviewed May 17, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for one night this past weekend. I originally had a room booked at the Sutton Place Hotel for Sat. and Sun., but then decided to go to Chicago a day earlier. I couldn't find an acceptable rate for the one night for the Sutton Place, so I booked a room at Amalfi on Fri. Because of this experience, I had an opportunity to do a direct comparison of the two hotels. Let me tell you, it's not even close.
The Amalfi is a high-class hotel without the high-class attitude, or the high-class system of nickel and dimeing you. Unlike the Sutton Place, there is no additional charge for high-speed internet(which I have never experienced in a good hotel downtown). Also, each floor has a free continental breakfast every morning that consisted of bagels, rolls, yogurt, fruit, etc. On top of this, each night there is a cocktail hour where they have an open bar for all of the hotel guests. A good opportunity to mingle if you are so inclined, or to just have a couple of free drinks. At the Sutton Place, continental breakfast costs over ten dollars, and I guarantee there wasn't a cocktail hour. Also, Amalfi had a decent free workout area that my girlfriend utilized. I'm not sure if this is customary or not, but it's a good feature for those who need a little workout.
The room was nice. There wasn't anything particularly unique about the rooms, but they were very clean, the decor was current, and they had an LCD television with a DVD player. The Sutton Place's room had a better setup, with a better bathroom(large tub, and additional standup shower), but it just felt a little dated with an older television, and a slightly outdated look.
The feel of the two hotels was quite different as well. I'm not a world-class traveler, and I'm not extremely wealthy. The Amalfi just seemed less snooty. I felt very out of place at the Sutton Place, and I had no reason to. I could afford both hotels, and I wasn't walking into there wearing ripped jeans and a Kiss concert tee(not that there's anything wrong with that). I can't really explain the difference. It's just a feel I got. One thing that is kind of telling is the ice situation. I guess having ice machines in your hotel implies something substandard, but you can put them somewhere that is not visible or audible to the guest unless you need to use them. This was the case at Amalfi, whereas at Sutton Place we had to call for room service in order to receive a bucket of ice. I know that this seems meaningless, but it just added to the impression.
The area where Amalfi is located is nice. It is walking distance to many things. We walked to Navy Pier(about twenty minutes), and could have walked about ten minutes to get to Grant Park. Also, there are plenty of bars and restaurants in the area, and Michigan Avenue is a couple of blocks away. Also, the red line is within a couple blocks. The area surrounding Sutton Place is nice, with a lot of designer stores, and good restaurants, but it wasn't really my thing. I'm not going to Gucci, and I don't really want to pay six dollars for a bottle of Heineken.
In conclusion, I think this hotel is great. I've never stayed anywhere that I enjoyed more. Comparing it to another four-star hotel, I give this better marks in just about everything. Even if you have to pay a little more, you get your money back by taking advantage of the complimentary services.
I couldn't recommend Amalfi more.

1  Thank meyedm01
Reviewed May 8, 2010

Great hotel as it was close to Frontera Grill and to the theatre. Lots of good restaurants and bars close by. A bit away from Michigan Avenue, but nice. Happy hour and breakfast were nice touches. I would stay there again!!

Reviewed May 1, 2010

I just took my daughter and a friend to Chicago to celebrate her 30th birthday. We were 3 women on our own in a new city. The Amalfi Hotel was a great place to stay! We felt safe and were in a great location. We could have been closer to Magnificent Mile but were glad to be centrally located for the subway access and to all attractions south of the river. We had no idea where the hotel was but it turned out to be perfect! I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone. We were right across the street from Harry Carey's restaurant and never heard a sound while we slept like babies all night. If you want a very easy, comfortable and safe place to stay then this is the place. Loved it!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
AmalfiHotelChicago, Guest Experience Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2010

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Amalfi after your ladies getaway. I’m thrilled to hear your birthday celebration in the city was a success and you were happy with your accommodations with us. We appreciate your review and hope to welcome you to Chicago again!

Best,