Kinzie Hotel
$124
Doubletree.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$202
$89
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$134
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

$152
$139
Hampton.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $198/night.

$123
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $200/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$132
$124
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 41% below average rates

The price you found is 41% lower than this hotel's average rate of $210/night.

$169
$101
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of $189/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$131
$123
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $204/night.

$222
$199
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $246/night.

Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$107
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

2,696 results
All reviewsamalfi hotelcontinental breakfastyogurtpublic housekinzie streetcocktail hourevening receptioncocktail receptionfree happy hourevery morningboutique hoteldonutsthe riverhard boiled eggselevator lobbyhouse of blueswithin walking distance
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Decided to stay at this hotel based on this site and another site’s recommendation. Went to Chicago for a romantic weekend with my husband; our only solid plans was to see Wicked.

We booked through Orbitz ($246 final total for 2 nights) since they had a 20% hotel sale and then had a 15% coupon code in January. The hotel will match any internet price and give you a free upgrade (but couldn’t match all the discounts we got).

I chose the hotel since it was centrally located and had complementary breakfast and cocktails.

Even though I had called a week before about our dates, the hotel failed to mention that their lobby was closed & being renovated. They did everything out of this small hallway by the elevators. I inquired about the cost of upgrading and the guy went into a long speech about how they don’t know Orbitz price so they wouldn’t know how much it would be. Usually I either simply get a complimentary upgrade or just pay a small set fee. Oh well.

The room was somewhat small (it is downtown Chicago) and if we were in a room anywhere lower than the 5th floor we would have had a view of a brick wall. The room was nice and the beds were VERY comfortable. In our bathroom there were a couple dark hairs in the tub that I have a hard time believe the cleaning staff could have missed. If it wasn’t already midnight when we arrived I would have probably gone down and complained. Everything else seemed very clean.

The breakfast is simple coffee, bottled fruit juice, and pastries. It was great to be able to throw on a robe, go into your hallway, grab a cute tray and bring back food to your room.

One of the other reasons that I choose this hotel was their “experience designers”. We started by searching for a good sushi restaurant for lunch. The guy wasn’t very helpful other than giving us a print out of the address of one nearby. I was so disappointed with my experience designer’s lack of energy or care, that I ended up going to their business center and using TripAdvisor to find a good place for dinner.

On the point of the business center, it is free, had 4 computers (1 mac) and a printer. Two of the four were frozen, but it is still nice to find a hotel in Chicago that isn’t going to find every little thing to charge you for. They also had free wireless internet and don’t forget the free breakfast and cocktails.

In terms of the cocktails, we never took advantage of it. We arrived too late on Friday night, and Saturday we were out exploring Chicago from their 5:30-7 timeframe.

All in all, the breakfast in bed and the location can’t be beat. I wouldn’t mind coming back, but I am going to try a different hotel next visit to downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cforney06
Reviewed January 17, 2009

My parents and I stayed at the Amalfi in July 2008 on our summer trip to Chicago. It took a few minutes of driving in circles to find it, but eventually we did. The moment our car pulled up to the curb, two helpful men were there to take our luggage into the hotel and valet our car (valet survice is offered). It`s true that the lobby is small compared to most hotels, but what it lacks in space, it makes up in quality. The whole hotel smells like fresh flower and zest, and the bright, modern colours really add a nice touch. The conceirge booked us into our room right away, and we had staff bring our luggage up to the room.

Our room was on the top floor of the hotel (there are other businesses on the higher floors), and the best place to be. The room was quite small, but it was very clean, comfortable and had a pretty good view from the window (not like it matters all that much). There were many new magazines like InStyle, ect on the desk, which was great. The bathroom stocks the most amazing Aveda products, which I admit to taking a few home with me. The two-headed shower is lovely and the bathroom is overall very clean and modern.

Our room was right across from the room where they offer free happy hour and light food at night. You would think it would be noisy, but from in our room, you could hear nothing. The happy hour was great, you could go in (even with your children, but bringing young ones could be a problem) and get whatever drink you like (tip if you want), and there were an abundance of breads, cheeses, meats,ect. Very nice to go to before dinner.

In the morning, they offer breakfast on each floor, right outside the elevator. I went in my PJ`s every day, and they had a good assortment of fruits, juices, coffees, teas, croissants, buns, pasteries, bagels, ect. The only thing my family complained about was the lack of hot food or a toaster for bagels, but I think it wasn`t such a big deal. If your floor was out of some pasterie or whatnot, you could go to the floors below and take one of theirs.

The Amalfi offers a "business" center, which is basically a very small room with two computers and a printer. That is fine since the internet is free, and almost always the computers are empty, so you don`t have to wait.

The fitness room is large and well-stocked, though we didn`t use it.

For restaurants in the area, try Harry Caray`s across the street (great bar food), or for a really hip, cool environment try the restaurant which is right behind the hotel, called Rockit Bar and Grill. VERY good food, young atmosphere.

I would refer anyone to this amazing hotel!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank JetSetter1234
Reviewed January 7, 2009

This was a gem of a place. I found an internet rate of $153 a night and they matched it when I called. Call the hotel direct, not the toll free reservation line to get the match.

Room was spacious and clean, beautifully furnished. It's in a great location.

Loved the breakfast ON EACH FLOOR. Just run right out in your robe for coffee, bagels, pastries, fruit, yogurt - the works.

Took advantage of the free happy hour with drinks and apps one afternoon. The attendant was great - warned us when our brand of red wine was getting low and set the bottle back for us to finish. Wish this happy hour was in a better place - perhaps with more atmosphere - but it was a good way to unwind and relax.

Check in and out were both a breeze and everyone was very friendly and nice. Will stay here again next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank vacationlisa
Reviewed January 5, 2009

The Amalfi is a great hotel. The only reason I gave it an above average rating and not Excellent is because of our limited interaction with the staff. The lobby is apparently undergoing a renovation because we checked in in a small room right outside the elevators. Check-in was quick and easy and the staff was very helpful though. The room was nice but not over the top. We got a great rate through Expedia by staying 3 nights so it was definitely worth it. The quality of food for breakfast was good and the nightly free drinks in the lounge were a nice touch.
The location was perfect for us. We were within walking distance to shopping, great restaurants, and the theaters. If it was too cold to walk, it was a very cheap cab ride.
Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and would recommend it to any of my friends.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank awturbosp
Reviewed December 27, 2008

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here at the Amalfi. We checked in on the 23rd of Dec. and are leaving tomorrow morning (Dec. 28).

Here are just a few of the highlights:
--Steps away from the hustle and bustle of Michigan Avenue, but in a quiet location. We were on the 4th floor and heard very little street noise.
--Very friendly staff: we loved that there was a doorman to call taxis and that the "experience designers" were there to give us directions and recommendations if needed.
--The managers' reception and continental breakfast: Both were free of charge! In the morning we enjoyed a quick breakfast (yogurt, fruit, bagels, pastries, juice, and coffee). In the evenings we were offered drinks in the lounge and some nice Italian appetizers. The first night there, I asked the bartender if he could make an amaretto sour (the liquor wasn't on the list of available ones), and he went out of his way to find amaretto for me. Everyone here was so friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple