“Ridiculously good price for the location”
Review of Kinzie Hotel

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #21 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I got an awesome deal on this hotel that was in the heart of downtown. The hotel staff was very friendly and the rooms were fine. Major spread on every floor for continental breakfast (I hope they donate all the leftovers) and complimentary glass of wine in the 'lounge' in the evening are nice touches.

The business center was somewhat lacking and the lobby is small, so if you want to have a meeting at the hotel like I did, think again. (We ended up using the lounge which is unoccupied by day but still not ideal.)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful feedback. We’re pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our central location in downtown Chicago to your liking. While I’m pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of our complimentary 24-hour Business Center, I’m sorry to hear you found it lacking. I will be following up with you directly for more feedback to see what we can do to improve the experience in our business center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our other complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening reception. Thank you again for the kind comments. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,635)

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We recently stayed three nights at the Kinzie which used to be the Amalfi (good to know when asking for directions). The hotel has recently been remodeled and the rooms are very nice. Bed was comfortable and the double-head shower was a nice touch. The staff were very friendly and knowledgable about the area and there were several very good restaurants close by as well as night clubs. A couple of items to note - the Kinzie is located on Kinzie St. which is a "low road" and while the walk from there to Michigan St. is only about four blocks you need to climb a set of stairs. There is probably a route without stairs - you would need to ask. Also, the lighting in the bathroom is a little dim but they do provide a lighted makeup mirror. The breakfast is served by the elevators on each floor which is great! No having to get dressed to go get it - just put on the robe(s) they provide and you're sipping coffee, etc. in no time. We enjoyed our stay at the Kinzie and would definitely stay there again!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mimi201

Thank you kindly for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds and dual showerheads. I am sorry to hear you found the lighting in our bathroom too dim, but happy that the lighted vanity mirror was to your liking! I appreciate the feedback and will be sure to pass it along to our General Manager. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our location in the downtown River North district and were able to take advantage of all the surrounding restaurants and nearby sites—like Michigan Avenue. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast as well and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. We truly appreciate your warm recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2014

I travel weekly to Chicago for business and the Kinzie (formerly Amalfi) has become my go to hotel. I find it is the best value for a business traveler. I really appreciate the comfortable beds and bedding and it is perfectly located near everything.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms look right into a buidling across the alley so perhaps ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the lovely feedback. We’re flattered to be your “Go To Hotel” in Chicago! I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m further pleased to hear you found our central downtown location convenient to all your travel needs as well. Coming from a loyal guest, your glowing recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Comfortable beds, friendly staff, breakfast on each floor, and best of all - happy hour with great snacks! The location is good and close to Michigan Avenue, restaurants, etc. we walked everywhere! Highly recommend this great hotel!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you had a “great” stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking—especially our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds! I’m also pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our evening cocktail reception. And I’m happy you were able to take advantage of our location in downtown Chicago and walk to all the nearby sites—like Michigan Avenue. Your glowing recommendation is much appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the Kinzie Hotel. Location is perfect, close to shopping, restaurants, river, lake and the L. Standard rooms are very nice and comfy, great size and quiet. The only negative about the room is the closet/clothing storage space: one small closet and a side board with small drawers. Hotel staff is super friendly and extremely helpful! The free breakfast and the evening drink reception is a nice bonus. All in all a wonderful hotel and we would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for sharing your glowing review with the TripAdvisor community! We’re happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking but apologize for the lack of storage space. We appreciate your feedback and have passed it along to our General Manager. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our complimentary evening reception. I’m further delighted to hear you enjoyed our central downtown location and were able to take advantage of all the shopping and sites surrounding us! We truly appreciate your kind recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Bought a groupon for just after the opening of the new Kinzie in February 2014. The staff was very accommodating and allowed me to pretend I was rich even though I mostly walked past the doorman and used my city bus pass as it was so easy to get around. The complimentary breakfast and cocktail hour allowed me to splurge on lunch and dinner at some of Chicago's finest Restaurants and really feel at walking the Magnificent Mile.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you kindly for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. I’m also pleased to hear you found location in the downtown River North district to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the great restaurants surrounding us. We truly appreciate your thoughtful recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The staff is courteous and breakfast is served on each floor (great touch!). The room was great. Great views of the city and very nicely decorated. The beds were very comfortable and I especially like the day bed next to the window for relaxing.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for the lovely feedback! We’re so pleased to hear you had a “wonderful” stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—including our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds and comfortable new chaise lounges. I’m also pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. Your gracious recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.