Kinzie Hotel
Sofitel Chicago Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$282
$240
$216
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$263
$231
$179
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$199
$210
$189
Orbitz.com
2,662 results
All reviewsamalfi hotelcontinental breakfastyogurtpublic housekinzie streetcocktail hourevening receptioncocktail receptionfree happy hourevery morningboutique hoteldonutsthe riverhard boiled eggselevator lobbyhouse of blueswithin walking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is awesome! I saw the reviews about the noise so I called ahead and requested a room on a high floor. They accommodated my request and reserved our room on the second highest floor. Everyone was super nice and helpful. The evening reception with drinks and apps was great! We loved our room, the beds were very comfortable and the rooms were spacious for our family of 4. My kids especially loved the free breakfast filled with donuts, muffins, cereal, and fruit. Overall an excellent hotel and I will recommend it to anyone I hear traveling to chicago!

Stayed: June 2014
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Many thanks for the rave review! We’re thrilled to know you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m especially pleased to hear how helpful and accommodating our front office team was with your room request. We take great pride in delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear our team came through on that promise. I’m further pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking and enjoyed our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. And I’m happy to hear your whole family enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another Chicago getaway soon.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed at the Kinzie at the end of May and really enjoyed our few days there. The room was very comfortable and quiet - we were on the seventh floor. We got a great welcome for the receptionist The breakfast was excellent and the evening reception was nice. Wi-fi was good. The hotel was very central with lots within walking distance. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irish85
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Thank you for the 5-star recommendation! We’re delighted to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and to your liking. I’m further delighted to hear you enjoyed our central location in downtown Chicago and walk to all the nearby sites! I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well our evening reception and newly upgraded WiFi! Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Kinzie over spring break. The staff was friendly and helpful when approached, but they didn't offer any maps of the area or brochures of things to do in the city (I think the hotel is geared more towards business travelers). The room was very, very clean and comfortable, with a couch and a desk area. It can get a little noisy from the streets, but the shades do a great job of blocking out the sun in the mornings and you also don't hear the doors from other rooms. The room comes equipped with a refrigerator and a Keurig coffeemaker. My kids were looking forward to making hot chocolate in the coffeemaker but the hotel was out of those Keurig cups and never got any in during the week we were there. The complimentary breakfast is served by the elevators on every floor which was great because you could get what you wanted and take it back to your room to enjoy. While the breakfast items were the same everyday, there was enough of a variety to choose from. The evening reception was a nice treat as the tokens could be used for any drink, not just beer and wine. The bartenders even made sherry temples for the kids, which they loved. However, the reception does not offer a wide variety of complimentary appetizers and it was the same every night. There is also complimentary coffee service and cookies by the front desk in the afternoon if you time it right, but beware, the cookies go very fast because they are delicious! Keep in mind that there is no restaurant or bar on the premises, just the lounge area that is open during the evening reception. The 24 hour business center was great with both PCs and Macs and a printer. We also love having free WIFI in the room, which most hotels are starting to charge for the service. The fitness center was also nice and allows you to plug in your iPod. The location is great as you are within walking distance to a lot of great restaurants and clubs. Parking is a bit steep though so you may want to think about leaving your car elsewhere for the week because you don't need it to get around. I would definitely stay here again and recommend others to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bargainmom

Thank you for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community. We’re happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your spring break getaway with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking and appreciated the in-room amenities, like our mini-fridges and Keurig coffeemakers. I am sorry to hear we ran out of hot chocolate during your stay and it was not replenished before you checked out. I’ve passed along your feedback to our Housekeeping Manager to ensure this does not happen again in the future. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m also happy you and your whole family were able to enjoy our complimentary evening cocktail reception. It’s a pleasure to hear you found our other complimentary amenities to your liking, like our 24-hour Business Center and Fitness Centers, WiFi and afternoon cookies! And I’m happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our central downtown location and walk to all the nearby sites and restaurants! We truly appreciate your gracious recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back upon your next Chicago getaway!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was my first stay at the Kinzie. The staff was fantastic and extremely welcoming. Every day when I arrived, they greeted me and asked if there was anything I needed. The room was very clean and modern. Most importantly for me, the bed was especially comfortable. I appreciated the complimentary wine and appetizers at the manager's reception and the free breakfast was very convenient. There are plenty of dining options within a very short walking distance. The only issue I had was the noise from outside. I'm guessing it was because I was on the 4th floor and so close to the street. I wish they had a vending machine or some way to get a soda without leaving the hotel. Granted, there is a 7-11 just around the corner, so not a deal breaker. Even with the noise issue I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I would try to get a room as high as you can. I think this would reduce the noise from the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for the kind comments. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms and décor to your liking—especially our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature bedding. I am sorry to hear about the noise disturbances you encountered. Our downtown location puts us in the center of all the action and regrettably some city noises are out of our control. We encourage you to contact us directly prior to your next stay so we may place you in one of our quieter rooms. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail reception, as well as our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. I’m happy to receive such lovely feedback about our team as well and will be sure to pass those thoughtful comments along. Thank you for sharing your warm recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

A group of 4 of us stayed at the Kinzie Hotel for a fun get away. The rooms were new, clean and beautiful, the staff was very helpful, the cocktail reception was fantastic and the complimentary breakfast had a great variety and plenty of selection. Recommend staying here, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Susan M

Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent Chicago getaway with us at Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking. I’m also happy you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our evening cocktail reception and our deluxe continental breakfast. Your gracious recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!