“The perfect hotel in Chicago”
Review of Kinzie Hotel

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #23 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“The perfect hotel in Chicago”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I am a Chicago resident so honestly, im pretty hard to please. But I have to say this hotel was AMAZING. It's in perfect shape, with a more modern up-beat decoration style. From the moment you walk in the staff greats you with a smile, and try to accomadate any requests and answer all questions. The room was in absolutly perfect shape, and welcoming. the bed was so comfortable, as were the pillows...really had some good nights rest. What I really loved was the breakfast. They have this innovative system were they serve the continental breakfast on your floor, were the elevators are...so you dont have to go outside, or downstairs, just simply walk a few steps and you have a full-on breakfast with DELICIOUS coffee (also hard to please on this point since i am a coffee junkie) with fruit, yogurt, juices, tea, donuts, muffins (so good) bagels, spreads, etc. Oh and another thing to keep in mind, is that it has an ideal location...your close to everything. Finally, gotta say, WI-FI is included in room, which apparently today in hotels is a lot to ask for. I had the hardest time finding a hotel that had wi-fi in room, good location and breakfast. So my congratulations on the STAFF who were all amazing, from the front desk to everyone I crossed there. You guys are doing an amazing job.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
What a wonderful review! We’re delighted to hear you had an “amazing” stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m especially pleased to receive such wonderful comments about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking—especially our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m also pleased to hear you found our location in the downtown River North district to your liking. And I’m further delighted to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the wide variety of breakfast items, including our fresh pastries and gourmet coffee. I’m also pleased to hear you enjoyed our lightning-fast complimentary WiFi. We truly appreciate such a glowing recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (448)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ottawa, Illinois
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here when we were in town for a show. Decoration is nice. Room are very reasonably priced. Check in was fast and the staff are very friendly. They had a reception hour and they give you your first drink free. Staying here you won't be disappointed and it won't break you wallet.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your thoughtful review! We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you had such a friendly and smooth check-in. I’m further pleased to hear you were able to indulge in our complimentary evening cocktail reception. We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Lodi, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the second time this year. Both times were wonderful! Check-in was quick and easy, the rooms were beautiful, updated and clean, the nighttime drinks and apps were great and the continental breakfast was wonderful! I cannot say enough about the Kinzie. Thanks for helping to make my trips to Chicago so memorable!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for the rave review! We’re thrilled to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us at Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our comfortable new rooms. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast and our evening cocktail reception. Coming from a frequent guest, your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!

Davis, il
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Great location, clean, modern rooms, kids thought it was fancy. Great price with Travelzoo. Small snacks and one alcoholic drink is included at the evening reception, (non alcoholic free) even for kids, but not really kid-friendly. More of a lounge atmosphere. great continental breakfast on your room floor. Juices, cereal, fruit, yogurt... Makes it an even better value!! Please check out your parking options, I'd say that was my only concern. Parked 2 blocks away for $26 with Spothero (yes it really works) when valet was $60. I stayed at this hotel when it was The Amalfi, and I think this is even nicer now. Would stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara K
Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms and modern décor to your liking. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. As you mentioned, we do offer 24-hour valet parking for $56/night with unlimited in and out privileges. However, if you don’t need to take your car in and out, there are many self-park options in our River North neighborhood. And I’m happy you were able to indulge in our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Hollywood, South Carolina
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Newly renovated so everything is fresh. Valet service was very friendly but they do not automatically put it on your bill so it might be an issue when you check-out. Check-in staff was very friendly but it felt awkward to have to sit down for the quick process. The receptionists are sitting down and it feels like you are applying for a loan at a bank ;). They even gave two tokens for free drinks later! Room was big and felt deluxe. Bedding (mattress, sheets, pillows, blankets) felt like heaven! The room faced an alley so their were lots of Monday early morning sounds like trucks backing up, dumpsters being moved, ambulances, workers. If you have to get up, it won't matter. But if you want to sleep in...it will matter. Bathroom had no fan. The third floor is the only floor with no ice machine. Absolutely wonderful continental breakfast on each & every floor!!!! AWESOME! Check-out staff was not so friendly. Hotel is so perfectly located: Trump Tower, Public House bar, Black Fin Bar was AWESOME, Harry's. 2 minute walk to House of Blues, where the food was out of this world! I would stay again at Kinzie.

Room Tip: Third floor has no ice machine. Ask for non-alley-view room if you want quiet in the morning.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking and enjoyed our comfortable new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature bedding! I am sorry to hear about the noise disturbances you encountered. Our downtown location puts us in the center of all the action and regrettably some city noises are out of our control. I encourage you to contact us directly prior to your next stay so we may place you in one of our quieter rooms. While I’m pleased to receive such kind comments about our front office team, I’m sorry not all our team members lived up to the high standards of service we pride ourselves on. I will use your feedback to review and retrain our associates in order to meet and exceed the level of hospitality that you deserve. I am happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast as well as our evening cocktail reception. And I’m pleased to hear you were able to take advantage of all the great restaurants surrounding us in River North, including Public House, Blackfinn and Harry Caray’s. Thank you again for your helpful feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago.

McMinnville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Spent 4 day weekend here March 27-31. It has been recently remodeled and is nice. Good location, nice rooms, happy hour, and breakfast. Can't think of anything negative to say. I would stay here again on another trip to Chicago. Very professional staff.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hank p
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for the kind review. We’re so pleased to hear you had an enjoyable stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m especially pleased to receive such great feedback about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m also happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and to your liking. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. We truly appreciate your warm recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed March 31, 2014

the hotel is fabulous! centrally located in the city, but off the beaten path. Right next to a great pub, and across the street from one of Chicagos legendary restaurants, Harry Careys. Rooms and bathroom newly renovated. Staff is exceptional, and the coctails everynight at 5pm is a great perk!
Been staying at this hotel in the city for about 8 years, each time I visit. I have stayed at many others, but this one is two thumbs up!

Room Tip: also has a fitness center. All of the rooms are great.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
What a flattering review! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our location in the downtown River North district and were able to take advantage of all the surrounding restaurants, including Harry Caray’s Italian Steakhouse who also provides our in-room dining! I’m happy you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking and that you enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well. Your 5-star recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!