“LOVE”

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #19 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The staff is awesome Julian,Katie and the others are great location location close to everything!!!!!!Great breakfast and happy hour!!!!I will return to this hotel and recommend to anyone there are tons of resturaunts close by as well as shopping

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

What a flattering review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback. I’m especially pleased to receive such wonderful comments about our front office team—Julian and Katie in particular. We pride ourselves in delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m happy you found our location in the downtown River North district to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the surrounding restaurants and nearby shopping. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. We truly appreciate your glowing recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,595)

Reviewed March 24, 2014

This hotel is amazing love love love. We did have a problem with our room being close to the night club so the first night all we heard was techno beats till four in the morning. We went to the staff the next morning and told them of our dilemma. Julian was amazing we received a different room on a quieter floor and they even brought all our stuff to our new room. Then are key wasn't working and he came right back upstairs to help us. I have stayed in dozens of hotels all over the city of Chicago and this one is at the top of my list. The breakfast and the cocktail hour are awesome also thank you so much. Great place

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Princessj89

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review! We’re so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the new Kinzie Hotel. While I’m sorry to hear about the noise you encountered the first night, I’m happy our team was able to provide you with a quieter room. While generally rare, we take all noise complaints very seriously. We will be following up with the nearby establishment to ensure this is not an issue again in the future. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. Your 5-star recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed at the Kinzie Hotel in River North District of Chicago. Had all the things which are important to me including reasonable price, very clean, and comfortable bed. However, this hotel exceeded my expectations with its lovely furnishings, delicious breakfast spread and all in a perfect location. The entire hotel staff seemed dedicated to making the stay a great experience. I especially want to give a big thank you to Meg.
Reserved my parking space through Spothero.com which is a brilliant website/concept. Parked at the garage at 540 N State street for $26/night which was just couple blocks from hotel. Highly recommend this company.
Look forward to my next stay at the Kinzie Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank diadon
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly remodeled rooms and décor to your liking—including our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m especially pleased to receive such wonderful feedback about our front office team—Meg in particular. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we delivered on that promise. I’m also happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, conveniently served on each guest floor every morning. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back to Kinzie Hotel very soon!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Celebrated our 24th anniversary in downtown chicago. Hotel was clean and newly remodeled.
We were upgraded to a corner room that was very nice. Font line was nice, front desk even nicer. Gave recommendation for close Sushi. Went to Friends Sushi (excellent). Close to House of blues, Michigan Ave, restaurants and shopping. Clean, friendly and affordable. We always stay out at airport for better prices and drive in everyday. Parking is free at airport. Our great stay may change our mind.

Room Tip: You must try Epic burger and Friends sushi. Garretts popcorn a must (Chicago Mix).
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bbigdaddy

Thank you for the kind review. We’re so pleased you chose to spend your 24th anniversary with us at the new Kinzie Hotel and to hear it was an enjoyable one! I’m happy you found our newly remodeled rooms comfortable and to your liking. I’m happy you were able to take advantage of our central downtown location and all the nearby sites—like Michigan Avenue and the House of Blues. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughtful recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your 25th anniversary—if not sooner!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Location is perfect-- really close to train stop, tons of awesome restaurants all around, short walk to tons of attractions.
Hotel is beautiful and so wonderfully decorated! Artwork I would love to have in my home, incredible bedding, awesome street map wallpaper, keurig, double shower head, spacious rooms.
Service and all staff were unbelievably gracious and helpful. Awesome doorman held the door, pulled out my chair at the check in desk, and helped call taxis and gave wonderful directions. Magan checked us in and was so thorough and kind. We were offered water, given early check in, and Magan went out of her way to help us with maps and suggestions. Every single person who works there is pleasant, helpful and essentially a concierge service! Bellman, housekeeping, bartender at happy hour, ... Every one greeted us with smiles and helped in so many ways. The cocktail hour and breakfast on each floor are incredible perks. We travel very frequently for work and pleasure, and this is by far the best overall experience I've ever had with a hotel!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank EliseHyer
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback. I’m especially pleased to receive such wonderful comments about our front office team—Magan in particular. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear our whole team delivered on that promise. I’m happy you found our newly renovated hotel to your liking—including all custom artwork from local Chicago artists. I’m further pleased to hear you found our new rooms to your liking and appreciated all the in-room features, like the in-room 1857 street map mural on the walls; our Keurig coffee makers; and new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. And I’m happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our evening cocktail reception. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed at the Kinzie hotel last weekend while on a girls trip to Chicago. From the moment we brought our bags into the lobby til we checked out three days later...everything was perfect. Our room had two queens and was spacious enough for 4. The beds were comfy and we really enjoyed the big window overlooking the city. Bed linens were awesome, room wasn't too hot or too cold during the night. Breakfast was included and it was served on each floor. So, in the morning before starting our day, we found free coffee, muffins/pastries, string cheese, cereal and yogurt by the elevator and were able to take this back to our room. In the evening, we likewise enjoyed the free drinks and great appetizers before going to out dinner. Super staff...highly recommend with hotel. Close to shopping and resturants.

1  Thank susan P
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

What a gracious review! We’re overjoyed to hear you and your friends enjoyed your girls weekend with us at the new Kinzie Hotel! I’m happy to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking—especially our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m happy you enjoyed the wide variety of our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail reception. I agree it’s a great way to start your evening before a night on the town. Your glowing recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back soon.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Booked a king suite for three people -- a really excellent way to enjoy some time away with family while having separate spaces. And the space you get! Very modern and elegant, impeccably clean, and entirely comfortable for a very affordable price. We came on a discounted rate, but I think we would have paid the difference. The service was really that good. We came looking for a relaxing weekend that would leave us refreshed, and we got it.

The happy hour is indeed a happy time -- good spread of food, good drinks. The breakfast is your average continental, though I will say they get a big shout out for serving hard-boiled eggs that were perfectly cooked! It's always a gamble when they're served, and they did not disappoint.

The windows on the suite gave us a great view...except when we got flashed by guests from the Marriott next door. Luckily, the blinds for the room come down quickly with just the push of a button! Very fancy.

If we're not airbnb-ing in Chicago, we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for the lovely review! We’re delighted to hear you and your family enjoyed your recent getaway with us at Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy to receive such kind comments about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s always a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated suites to your liking—especially our new remote-controlled, blackout blinds and comfortable, new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds! I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back soon!