“Great Value and Location”
Review of Kinzie Hotel

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #20 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Medellin, Colombia
“Great Value and Location”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Maybe because they are doing some remodeling, the price was lower than surrounding hotels with similar ratings. The location was directly downtown within walking distance of millenium park and a number of great restaurants. Wi-fi was strong, the free breakfast was decent and in the evening there was a complimentary wine tasting. The fitness center looked like it had new equipment, but I did not actually use the center.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind review. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I’m pleased to hear you found our central downtown location to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the nearby restaurants and sites—like Millennium Park. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and our evening cocktail reception. I’m also happy you found our newly upgraded, complimentary WiFi to your liking as well. Your thoughtful recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Menlo Park, California
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel several times for business trips, and as a former Chicagoan, I can say I feel right at home in my beloved city. The hotel has gone through a complete renovation and the rooms are large and inviting. The bed is really comfortable. Each floor has breakfast served in the morning, and the options are delicious. My favorite is the chocolate chip scone. There's also happy hour included with the room, and that's a nice way to cap off a hard day of work. I haven't used the fitness center, but peeked in, and it's clean with new equipment. The staff is available without being intrusive. WiFi is decent, no struggles with the signal for general surfing, however, I can't speak to streaming. This is a lovely hotel in a good location for dinner and sightseeing. Will be back as often as possible.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the 4th and 5th floor. Both were fine.
1 Thank VFan2z
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
What a lovely review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback! I’m so pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking—especially our comfortable, new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds! I’m also happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast—conveniently served on each guest floor—and appreciated the wide variety, especially the chocolate chip scones! I’m further pleased to hear you found our recently upgraded, complimentary WiFi to your liking as well. And I’m happy you enjoyed our location in the downtown River North district and found it convenient to all your dining and sightseeing needs! We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back for another visit very soon!

Wisconsin
Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is the second time we stayed in this hotel,the first time it was known as the Amalfi Hotel.
The staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast buffet and evening reception is a nice touch. This hotel is very convenient to downtown restaurants and shopping. Very nice and comfortable rooms.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your kind review. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the newly renovated Kinzie Hotel. I’m happy you found our central downtown location to your liking and were able to take advantage of all the surrounding restaurants and shopping. I’m especially pleased to receive such kind comments about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m also happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, as well as our evening cocktail reception. Your thoughtful recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I came into Chicago for a one night Business meeting and stayed at the Kinzie Hotel.
It was very modern with contemporary furniture. The Lobby was nice and they actually served their Buffet Breakfast right in front of the Elevator on each floor--VERY COOL!

1 Thank DouglasColon
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at the new Kinzie Hotel! I’m happy found our newly remodeled lobby to your liking and appreciated the modern décor. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. We truly appreciate your enthusiastic recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Despite being a frequent traveller, I have never previously provided a Tripadvisor review. However, I feel compelled to on this occasion. I had booked the Kinzie simply on the basis of location and a reasonable nightly rate. From first stepping through the door however (11pm on a Sunday night), this hotel exceeded all of my expectations. The reception staff were absolutely wonderful (I had a problem with my business credit card upon check-in which I was given time to rectify during my stay). The room itself was beautifully designed, immaculate, with an incredibly comfortable king-size bed. The en-suite was equally well-designed, larger than expected, well-lit, with a refreshing double-headed shower. The concierge staff went out of their way to help during my stay, from pre-arranging airport limos, to providing information and vouchers for local restaurants. A fantastic free breakfast was provided on each floor every morning, and complimentary beverages and canapes were provided on the fifth floor every evening. I really could not recommend this hotel more highly. I will definitely be making a return visit!

2 Thank Dr_Fawn
What a glowing review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback—especially about our front office team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear how helpful our team was with everything from transportation arrangements to restaurant recommendations. I’m pleased to hear you found our newly renovated rooms to your liking—especially our new Serta Perfect Sleeper Signature beds. I’m also happy you enjoyed the amenities in our newly remodeled bathrooms, including the dual showerheads. And I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast as well as our complimentary evening cocktail reception. We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!

LaPorte, Indiana
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed here with my best friend for a weekend to get out of Indiana. We are very familiar with Chicago and visit all the time. However, we were deciding between this hotel and the Knickerbocker...needless to say, we should have stayed at the Nickerbocker. The hotel was under construction, but everyone we ran into was very friendly. The morning breakfast was just alright and nothing to brag about (cereal, yogurt, juice, tea, coffee, muffins, bagels, fruit). The manager's reception was nice and gave you really good size drinks. We picked this hotel over the other because of the awesome shower that it had. Well, were disappointed because they removed the double shower head and replaced it with an old removable floppy shower head. The location was fabulous and close to the South Shore line and close walking distance to the Mag. Mile. Hopefully, things got better after the renovations.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Michelle M
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I’m sorry to hear that your most recent stay with us did not live up to your expectations. As you mentioned, our hotel recently underwent a full renovation and we’re pleased to let you know our transition to the brand new Kinzie Hotel is complete. I’m sorry to hear that the showerhead was not our standard double showerhead. I’ll be following up with you privately to get more information and rectify that maintenance issue immediately. I am happy to receive such positive feedback about our front office team, as well as our evening reception. We hope you will give us another chance upon your next visit to Chicago and experience our newly renovated hotel. Thank you again for your helpful feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you to Kinzie Hotel on your next stay.

Park City, Utah
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This was my third stay at hotel, the first two when it was the Amalfi. I've always liked the hotel, location can't be better and the experience was fun. Get one of the corner rooms for an enhanced experience and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Corner room with views are the best.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
KinzieHotel, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind review. We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your most recent stay with us as the new Kinzie Hotel. I’m pleased you found our newly renovated rooms comfortable and to your liking—especially our spacious corner king rooms! I’m also happy you enjoyed our location in the downtown River North district. Your thoughtful recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!