“Celebrating My Friend's 30th”
Review of Kinzie Hotel

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #22 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I love the city of Chicago. I have made it a point to try to stay in different hotels every time I go. This hotel's location is one of the best! We planned a weekend of events and almost everything was in walking distance...we even walked to Navy Pier. If you do not mind taking short walks this location is wonderful. We did not spend that much time in the room, but when we did sleep the beds were comfortable and the bathroom was excellent as well. I recommend this hotel for location, comfort, and style.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re so pleased that you chose to celebrate your friend’s 30th birthday with us and to hear it was an enjoyable experience! I’m happy you were able to take advantage of our location in the downtown River North neighborhood and walk to all the nearby sites—including Navy Pier. I’m pleased to hear you found our rooms comfortable and to your liking as well. Your warm recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The Amalfi Hotel is down town in a good location to explore the City. The hotel rooms are large, clean and the business services offered cater for all scenarios. The staff are friendly and helpful, always putting the guest first, excellent service. Definitely use again and recommend most highly.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with the TripAdvisor community. We’re so pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay with us. I’m pleased to hear you found our downtown Chicago location convenient to your sightseeing needs. I’m especially pleased to receive such great feedback about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m also happy to hear you were able to utilize our complimentary 24-hour Business Center. We truly appreciate your thoughtful recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Just about to check out of the Amalfi, and have thoroughly enjoyed my stay. It's in the perfect location for exploring Chicago on foot, quiet, safe, and with a boutique hotel charm. We really enjoyed the complimentary cocktail reception every evening - it was fun to chat with other hotel guests and relax a bit before heading off for dinner. Our room (516) was spacious, with comfortable beds, a flat-screen tv, refrigerator, and large bathroom with a dual-head shower. Free wifi is reliable and fairly fast. Nice Aveda shower products. Overall a very pleasant stay, and I look forward to returning in the not-too-distant future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank girl_from_vancity

What a thoughtful review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback. I’m pleased you found our central downtown location your liking and were able to explore all the nearby Chicago sites. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail reception—I agree it’s a fun opportunity to mix and mingle with other guests. I’m further pleased to know you enjoyed our rooms and our in-room amenities, like the in-room mini-fridge and Aveda spa products. And I’m happy you appreciated our complimentary WiFi—which underwent an extensive upgrade earlier this year. Your kind recommendation is much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Amalfi lived up to its excellent reviews. The room was what you would expect from a first-rate hotel. The location is excellent-- just on the River North side of the river; close to both Michigan Avenue and the Loop. The set-up of the service desk was an attempt at something new, and it sort of works...chairs across a desk rather than an imposing desk. Same with breakfast service, which was put on each floor near the elevators. The food was mid-level hotel breakfast standard, but at least they had it included in the price.

This is a more intimate hotel than the big name chains. Attractive and yet not trying too hard.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for the lovely review! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I’m pleased you enjoyed our central downtown location and our close to proximity to all the sights, like north Michigan Avenue—better known as the Magnificent Mile. I’m further pleased to hear you liked our convenient, one-on-one check-in as well. And I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast, conveniently served on each guest floor. We truly appreciate your 5-star recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here during our ten year anniversary celebration. The room was clean and overlooked Kinzie Avenue. So it was a little loud at times with horns and the occasional siren, but not bad (this is downtown Chicago, after all). By far the most enjoyable part of our stay was the happy hour each night with 2 free drinks for each of us each night. The Amalfitini was delicious! The room was nicely decorated and busy but not overly crowded. Nice little breakfast on each floor every morning... basic items. This was a quaint little hotel and I would stay again if it was just the two of us as long as the manager's reception is still a nightly thing.

AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. We’re so pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed spending your 10-year anniversary with us. I’m happy you found our location in the vibrant, downtown River North district to your liking. I’m pleased to hear you were able to indulge in our complimentary evening cocktail reception and enjoyed our signature Amalfitini cocktail. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast as well. Your kind recommendation is truly appreciated. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next anniversary celebration—if not sooner!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is a great place to stay. Our room was super, the staff were always friendly and so happy to help and always had a smile on thier face. We were in Chicago to see the Chicago Blackhawks home opener and banner rising,. Meg took care of everything for us, Tickets, rooms and suggested restaurants as well as some clubs we may like to see and everything was spot on. Breakfast on each floor every morning was included as well as a cocktail reception every night which was a nice touch. This was our first trip to the Windy City and we had a ball and we'll be coming back real soon. Again thanks to everyone at the Amalfi for making this trip one to remember.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your first Chicago stay with us. I’m especially pleased to receive such great feedback about our front office team—Meg, in particular. I’m so happy to hear she was able to assist with Blackhawks tickets, dining recommendations and more! We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities, like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. We truly appreciate your warm recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next Chicago getaway!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The location is excellent, close to the train from the airport and to sights and shops. The beds were very comfortable. Overall, the hotel was modern and clean. The staff was friendly. The cocktail reception was a nice treat. The breakfast was disappointing, more on the level of a Quality Inn. The choice of tv channels was also poor. We enjoyed the Aveda toiletries.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We’re pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m happy you found our central location in downtown Chicago to your liking—especially our close proximity to the CTA train stations. I’m further pleased to hear you enjoyed our comfortable rooms and appreciated our in-room amenities, like our Aveda toiletries. I’m sorry if our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast was not to your liking; we appreciate all guest feedback and try to use all guest suggestions to improve our selection. I’ll be following up with your privately for more feedback about our breakfast. I’m sorry the TV selection wasn’t to your liking either; we did just upgrade our entire system and do offer one of the most extensive cable packages of any hotels in the downtown area. I am pleased to receive such kind feedback about our team and will be sure to pass your comments along. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.