“Amalfi Hotel was a hit!”
Review of Kinzie Hotel

Kinzie Hotel
Ranked #19 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed three nights at the Amalfi Hotel in Chicago and loved it. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the location couldn't have been better for two tourists on the go. The convenience of the continental breakfast on each floor and the free Business Center Internet access was wonderful. And who could resist the complimentary cocktail reception each evening - it was delightful. We would definitely stay at the Amalfi Hotel again and highly recommend it, especially to couples and business travelers.

(Side note- short on amenities, but loaded with style.)

1  Thank SerenaM70
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you kindly for the glowing review! We’re delighted to hear you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay with us. I’m pleased you appreciated our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. I’m further pleased to know you found our central downtown location to your liking and take advantage of all the nearby sites within walking distance! Your 5-star recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back soon!

There are newer reviews for Kinzie Hotel

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I will start this review by saying I stay at a LOT of hotels, and it's very hard to earn high praise from me in all areas of operation. Almafi is now 2 for 2 in exceeding my expectations.

I previously stayed at the Almafi hotel last year and had such a great experience I had to stay there again. This time I got the parking included package which was a downright steal. All rates include continental breakfast and evening reception with booze and snacks.

Perhaps the best and most outstanding thing about the Almafi is that every single interaction I had, whether it was checking in, housekeeping, or just a staff member in the elevator, was positive, pleasant and professional. From the minute I walked in to the minute I checked out, I was treated with courtesy, respect and made to feel at home. The front desk staff member Chase, who checked me in almost a year ago, remembered me and is in the running for my favorite person in Chicago.

The breakfast, although continental, is very inclusive. Toast, yogurt, cereal and pastries, juice and coffee, and the best is that it's on your floor so you can just grab some food in your PJ's. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are quiet, especially considering the location in the heart of Chicago. The hotel is nearby many amazing restaurants (ask the front desk for recommendations!), the L and major bus stops. It's also a short walk to Michigan Avenue.

It is truly a pleasure to stay at the Almafi and I hope to travel to Chicago again soon so I can stay there again. I give them my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Peekie45
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

What a flattering review! We’re overjoyed to receive another glowing review from you. I’m especially pleased to receive such great feedback about our team—Chase, in particular. I’ll be sure to share your kind comments with him. I’m pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast—I agree it’s so convenient to have it on each floor so you can grab a bite while still in pajamas! I’m also happy to hear you were able to take advantage of our location in the downtown River North district and all the amazing restaurants around us! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share another flattering review. We look forward to welcoming you back upon your next visit to Chicago!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Amalfi during a recent conference in Chicago. Although the conference was held at McCormick Place, I chose to stay at the Amalfi, and it was the best decision I could have made. The location of the hotel is fantastic, walking distance to major city attractions, restaurants, shopping, and easy access to public transportation. The rooms were spotlessly clean and well-maintained. The staff was charming, friendly, and helpful. The breakfast was very convenient, and the evening reception was so inviting. I highly recommend this hotel when visiting Chicago.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Many thanks for the 5-star review! We’re thrilled to receive such positive guest feedback—especially about our team. We pride ourselves on delivering the highest level of service and it’s a pleasure to hear we came through on that promise. I’m pleased to hear you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the convenience of it being served on each floor. I’m further delighted to know you were able to enjoy and indulge in our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well. Thank you again for taking the time to share your Amalfi experience. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel through "Hotel Tonight" and were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were large compared to most city hotels. They had complimentary continental breakfast on every floor, and complimentary cocktails in the evening. The location was great, food was amazing, and service was everything we could ask for. We would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Chicago! Great bang for your buck!

Room Tip: Views only from higher floors.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

What a kind review! We’re overjoyed to hear you had such a lovely stay with us. I’m pleased to know you found our rooms to your liking, as well as our central downtown location. I’m also happy to hear you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. Your kind recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Amalfi Hotel at Chicago is all about location. Right next to the Michigan Avenue, this place is walking distance to just about everything great Chicago has to offer. It is surrounded by pubs, restaurants, the great shopping mile etc etc.

The hotel itself is more kinda businessey, but still good. The breakfast is nothing spectacular but one has just so many options to eat around, it hardly matters.

Service was pretty good too, no complaints per say. We shortened our stay by a night with just a day's notice so we did manage to get only a part refund because it was the busy season but that's OK I guess because they had to run the room empty.

Room Tip: Of course the road side, it's got a bar with some nice graffiti artwork and .... well, the Trump...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m happy you were pleased with our location in the downtown River North district and able to take advantage of all the nightlife and shopping surrounding us. Your kind comments about our front office team are also greatly appreciated. Thank you again for the warm recommendation. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

I just came back from this hotel 2 days ago, and I'd go back in a heartbeat. Here's why:

- excellent, central location
- well price
- well sized room
- courteous staff
- free breakfast
- free afternoon cocktail party.

You can't really ask for more. Check out my blog post about them: http://wp.me/p39wah-71

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Melanie L

Thank you for the glowing review! We’re flattered to receive such a wonderful review—as well as your lovely blog post! I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary amenities like our deluxe continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. I’m also pleased to know you found our rooms to your liking as well! Your 5-star recommendation is truly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We got the package with parking included and it was a good value. Parking is normally $47. The breakfast is served on each floor. Coffee was good, lots of teas, juice, yogurt, fruit, breads, cheese, & cereal. The evening reception with two free drinks and a good assortment of appetizers is another perk. Arrival was very smooth despite the lack of a lobby drive. We pulled up along the curb on Kenzie St. and waited a couple minutes until we could pull in front of the hotel. The valet was quick to take care of us and get us inside. The location is great. We walked to theater but took a cab home as the temps dropped. It was about $6 plus tip. There is a bar on the corner that we went to after the theater. It was full of 20-somethings so we did not exactly fit in. Went across to Harry Caray's and has a couple of drinks. Bring a sleep mask or clips to shut room darkening shades completely and earplugs for Chicago sirens. Great value!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Many thanks for the thoughtful review. We’re pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. I’m happy you enjoyed our complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and appreciated the wide selection of breakfast items we offer. I’m also pleased to know you enjoyed our complimentary evening cocktail reception as well. I apologize for any noise disturbances you experienced. We do have quieter rooms on the higher floors and encourage you to let us know of any special requests prior to your stay. I’m also happy to hear you were able to enjoy a drink across the street at Harry Caray’s, who also provides our in-room dining. Thank you again for taking the time to share your kind words. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.