Kinzie Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Room Service
2,693 results
All reviewsamalfi hotelcontinental breakfastyogurtpublic housekinzie streetcocktail hourevening receptioncocktail receptionfree happy hourevery morningboutique hoteldonutsthe riverhard boiled eggselevator lobbyhouse of blueswithin walking distance
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Amalfi hotel is very convenient for the centre of Chicago but doesn't have a view of the river. It is comfortably but basic - i.e. good for a night if you're on business but poor if you're in Chicago on holiday and want to be able to relax in the hotel.

Positives: Great (and free) wi-fi, decent sized rooms, friendly staff.
Negatives: Breakfast is poor (although it is free), noisy heating/air-con (I had to switch mine off at night), no bar or lounge to meet drinks and have a drink.

Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
AmalfiHotelChicago, Front Office Manager at Kinzie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We’re pleased that you found our location in the central River North neighborhood convenient and our staff accommodating. We apologize your room did not have a view of the river; while not all of our rooms have views, a majority offer views of the downtown area that are available upon request.

While our Ravello Lounge is under renovation, we do still offer our complimentary cocktail reception every evening on the 6th floor. We also invite you to try Keefer’s Restaurant and Bar, located right inside our building. Their steaks and contemporary menu is highly recommended and an easy option for on-site dining as the hotel’s side entrance opens to the shared lobby. We look forward to welcoming you back to Chicago if you choose to stay at the Amalfi for your next visit.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

This was an excellent hotel! I love a hotel that caters to you, if even just a good continental breakfast, but not only did they have a really good continental breakfast, but also, every night they had a coctail party with free coctails!! Wow, I have never been to a hotel who serves an open bar with coctails, beer and wine! The workers were really accomadating, and very pleasant! The hotel was in a prime neighborhood, where we were able to walk to all the major food chains, and all the theaters!! We stayed a week here at this facility, and I would definately go back again, and again! It was an excellent Value, expecially for all we got! This is well worth the money we spent.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your Amalfi experience! We’re thrilled you enjoyed our complimentary amenities such as our continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. Our “prime” location (as you fittingly put it) in the River North neighborhood offers a great selection of restaurants and nightlife and I’m delighted you were able to take advantage of it!

Thank you for recognizing our customer service and sharing your comments with other TripAdvisor travelers. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back to the Amalfi upon your next visit to Chicago.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Friendly staff, big enough and quiet room. Excellent drinks in the happy hour, but that whole concept I can live very well without. No nice lounge or restaurant (the Ravello one was beeing renovated) where you could have breakfast and hang out - and to a comment in this forum. No, I do not want to bring that breakfast to somewhere else. That breakfast, full of fat and carbs, was the third worst I have seen in a hotel of good standard. Luckily there was a 7/11 and Starbucks round the corner where I could pick up something to eat that was at least half-way nutricious and some drinkable coffee. But not beeing able to have a good breakfast in a nice environment will make me avoid this hotel when in town.
Also I found it unacceptable not beeing able to even discuss late check out before 7 a.m. the same morning.
The location is good, with many restaurants close by. Logging on to the WiFi was very smooth.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mici_Eric

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We’re pleased to know you enjoyed our spacious accommodations and convenient location in the vibrant River North neighborhood. We apologize if our complimentary continental breakfast were not to your liking; we do try to offer a number of nutritious items such as fresh fruit, healthy cereal options and nonfat yogurt. As we are always looking to improve our breakfast selection, we appreciate your comments and will be sure to pass them on.

As you mentioned, we are renovating our Ravello Lounge and delighted to inform you that these renovations will create a more spacious environment with new lighting, furniture and a custom mural of the Amalfi Coast. We invite you to come to stay with us again so you may experience our breakfast in a more comfortable setting.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

My usual Chicago hotels were all sold out during a recent business trip, so I decided to give Amalfi a try. The location in River North is excellent, particularly if you're interested in nightlife. The staff was all business when I checked in - no mention of the free breakfast on every floor, I found out about that the next morning (nice surprise). Room size was good, generally clean and comfortable bed. I had a room in the back of the hotel which literally faced a wall, so the view was awful and there was little natural light. In fact, the whole hotel feels...dark and cavernous? Nothing wrong here, per se, but I think there are better options in the area, my favorite being the Dana Hotel .

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

As a regular Chicago visitor, we appreciate your choosing to stay with us at the Amalfi and delighted that you found our location in the vibrant River North neighborhood convenient. We’re sorry that the view was not to your liking; we do have a number of rooms with views of the downtown area that are available upon request. We apologize that your Experience Designer did not mention the complimentary continental breakfast at check-in. We appreciate your feedback and will use this as an opportunity to re-train our associates so this oversight will not occur again in the future.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope that you will consider staying with us upon your next visit to Chicago.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, right in the heart of Chicago. The rooms were clean and modern and they had a great happy hour. The continental breakfast was ok, but it was on each floor in front of the elevator which was convienient. The concierge service was nothing special and there are other hotels in the area that give you more for you money. I may try another hotel next time, but I wouldn't say I'd never stay again.

• Stayed: April 2011

Dear Stacyce,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at the Amalfi. We’re pleased you enjoyed our complimentary amenities such as our continental breakfast and evening cocktail reception. I am sorry, however, to learn that you didn’t receive the quality of service we consider one of our strengths.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will stay with us again so you may experience the level of hospitality we strive to deliver.