“Nothing fancy”
Review of Amber Inn

Amber Inn
Ranked #166 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Small clean place with FREE parking! The place is nothing fancy but the staff is extremely friendly and helpful. We wanted to get to Chicago's miracle mile and they were quite helpful in getting us there. Room was clean but air conditioner and some type of grinding noise was noted in the evening that kepted my son up late into the night.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Mels49

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Do not expect a hi fi hotel ....cause u r not paying that much

Hotel is no frills good one , clean bathrooms comfortable bedding house keeping was good too
Manager was really helpful and we had a smooth check in

Free parking available WIFI works great...
Not very far from major attraction within 6 miles

Room Tip: rooms on top of the restaurant
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank prithish c
Reviewed June 7, 2013

This was my first trip to Chicago and I was happy to have found this gem of a hotel. Robin is a wonderful hotel manager and she made us feel like family. The staff was friendly, accomodating and very informative. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. I appreciated the secure parking on the property and it was FREE. This hotel was just blocks from where I was visiting. I will definately stay here again when I come back to stay longer and see the sights. The Amber Inn is a great value and I would recommend this place to anyone I know going to Chicago. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Chris B
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I just returned from a 3 night stay with a friend. Do not go here expecting a 5-star Hilton stay. However, you can expect a clean motel room with a comfortable bed and an attentive staff at a great price. This motel is just one block from the CTA station--you really can't beat that! I never felt unsafe walking from the station to the motel; you walk past gated apartments and townhouses. It is true that there are few amenities in the immediate area; however, Pearls restaurant on the property was a real treat. I go to Chicago 1-2 times per year and will be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank singleguyinminn
Reviewed June 2, 2013

For some reason, Chicago hotel prices were astronomical the Friday, Saturday, & Sunday we stayed here in May. The rate we got was a third of what we would have paid had we stayed in the
Loop. The Inn is just two Green Line stops (8min.) from downtown. The station (Indiana) is a short block and a half away. Our meal of "cheesy grits with shrimp and bacon" and an order of fried green tomatoes at Pearl's Place was a highlight. Gentrification is closing in fast on the Amber Inn. Let's hope it stays the value that it is.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank stanonpch
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were extremely PLEASED with our stay at Amber Inn!!!! Robin has been the best Motel manager and hostess that my husband and I have experienced in our travels around the US! The motel is very clean, quiet comfortable, and the cost is half of what you will pay for a motel of this caliber in Chicago! I must mention that you get FREE parking in a secure area and free WiFi. You will not find a nicer motel for the price in the area!!! I HIGHLY recommend Amber Inn and the FANTASTIC Pearl Resturant adjoining the motel!! If your planning on a trip to Chicago we HIGHLY recommend Amber Inn and the adjoining Pearl Resturant!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room # 256....it's so peaceful clean and nice!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank no1jewls
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My Guy and I have had the pleasure of staying at the Amber-Inn Chicago on several occasions since Nov.2012. Last visit being March 2013. We find it to be a excellent get away spot. The customer service is pleasant and professional. From the several visits to Amber-Inn we only encountered one visit where there was a problem with the appliances. I called the front desk and the problem was quickly resolved and we were able to resume our weekend. The rooms are clean and secure and housekeeping checks in with you to see if you are in need of toiletries/ towels and general accomodations. Pearl's Place and the ajoining BBQ restaraunt has excellent food and the customer service is also pleasant and professional. I was referred to Amber Inn by a friend and we have not been disappointed. I certainly will be patronizing Amber-Inn again the near future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple