“Hard Rock Chicago Rocks!”

Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Ranked #105 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago
“Hard Rock Chicago Rocks!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I was in Chicago on business and stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel. The room was very clean, quiet, had an HD TV, and the staff was very friendly. I had a great time and enjoyed my stay very much. Will be back in July!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
We were really excited to receive the positive feedback about your recent stay here at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago. These comments confirm that we've accomplished our goal - to create authentic experiences that truly rock for every one of our guests. This is our passion and we're glad it’s working. We're grateful to have been part of your recent business travels and can't wait to welcome you back in July for an encore performance!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Polish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2014

WOW! My mom and I went over thanksgiving and when we checked in we got upgraded! The staff was so nice and willing to help with any questions you had! The concierge lady was absolutely fabulous she booked our dining reservations told us about landmarks to visit and gave us some insider about Chicago! The location of the Hard Rock Hotel is in a perfect location right on N Michigan Ave. Close to all shops and dining! No need for a cab! Our view from our room was breathtaking! We slept with the curtains open! Beautiful!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to share this outstanding feedback on you and your mom's stay with us over the Thanksgiving holiday; reading this review was like music to our ears! We're thrilled to hear that you received a complimentary upgrade to a room with beautiful city views and you enjoyed such highly attentive service and in-the-know information from our staff (they're all rock stars!) We look forward to welcoming you and your mom back for an encore performance. Thanks again for your review!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed March 22, 2014

If the title screams Fall Out Boy to you, it's on purpose. And not just because I love the band: Pete Wentz co-owns the hotel's bar, Angels and Kings, and can be seen here often. But this was my second stay here (for three nights), and a really good one.

First, I'll start with the rooms. The beds are among the most comfortable hotel beds that I've ever slept in, and the decor is fun and musical (example: floor 15, the floor that I was on, had Elvis decor). The rooms were decked out with great touches like a sound system and reading lights at each bed. Though I'm not a coffee person, each room has a Keurig machine, which I wish more hotels had. Don't like the house coffee (Newman's Own Organics in this case)? Just bring your own K-Cups. The bathroom had sleek decor, while the toiletries were top-notch (for example, the soap lathered great and didn't have a nasty scent). The towels were as good as the toiletries - fluffy, absorbent, and big (and you plenty of washcloths, a rarity in hotels regardless of the star level). The room as a whole was extremely clean, including places like the corners where you typically find dust and dirt and the tile grout in the shower where you can find a lot of nasty stuff often times.

I got the hotel through Hotwire, so I didn't get free in-room Wi-Fi, but it should be noted that Wi-Fi is free in-room if you book through the hotel directly or free to all in the lobby and business center. And for the cellphone users, AT&T and Sprint 4G LTE both work very well in the hotel and around Chicago.

I did have a meal at Chuck's, the on-premises restaurant run by Kerry Simon. Normally, I don't eat at hotel restaurants, but I made an exception for this one because of the Iron Chef Burger on the lunch menu that won first-place on Iron Chef. So I had to have the Iron Chef Burger for lunch one day. It didn't disappoint: it was extremely good with a char-broiled taste and top-notch toppings. It was also extremely filling - it got me through much of that day.

This hotel also has an excellent location. On North Michigan Avenue and a short walk to shopping? Check. State Street, Block 37, and Macy's (the former Marshall Field's location)? Bingo. The Art Institute close by? You betcha. The "L"? One block away. Millennium Station and the Metra Electric Line and South Shore trains? Two blocks away.

But the real star of the rock show here was the staff. They were not your typical stuffy big-city hotel staff: they were very easy to work with, knew the city, and were - dare I say - fun (no, not the band that gave us "Some Nights"). I wanted to get tickets to The Second City for one of their revues, so I went to the concierge. He got me tickets and dinner reservations at Adobo, an awesome Mexican restaurant next to The Second City, and told me how to get there on the "L". By the time I got to The Second City the following day, the show was sold-out with a standby list. The numerous people that I encountered at the front desk were equally amazing. Check-in was smooth and a room request made there was honored in seconds. Check-out was equally fast and easy.

Overall, I think that my second stay here was even better than the first. In music, they call it "a tough act to follow". But they did it.

Room Tip: If you plan on staying three days or more and plan on using CTA trains and buses, get a Ventra card...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
WOW! We were really excited to receive the positive feedback about your recent stay here at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago in addition to your dining experience in our restaurant, Chuck's: A Kerry Simon Kitchen. These comments confirm that we've accomplished our goal - to create authentic experiences that truly rock for every one of our guests. This is our passion and we're glad it’s working. We're grateful to have been part of your recent travels and hope you'll be back so we can provide an encore performance. When and if you should have any future needs or questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out. Thanks again for this rockin' review!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I loved the Hard Rock Hotel in San Diego so I opted to stay here. It was a disappointment. The room was small and DARK. The restaurant seemed just ok (I didn't even opt to eat there) and the location was ok but not great for enjoying the best of chicago...

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for choosing to stay at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us; we only wish you had enjoyed a more positive experience. Please accept our sincere apologies that our ambient, musically-inspired atmosphere and location on the base of the Magnificent Mile were not to your liking. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. Thanks again for your review!
Acworth, Georgia
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Do not book this hotel. They will not bend over backwards or any other way for that matter, for anything. Not friendly upon arrival or when our room is a sauna. They do not turn the a/c on and have made excuse after excuse for everything wrong. They do not care about their customers, just their money. I would highly suggest looking elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Rebeccawest88
First and foremost, thank you very much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We are incredibly disappointed to hear that you didn't enjoy a more positive, authentic experience at our property. Please accept our sincere apologies for any unfriendliness encountered during your stay. Please contact us directly should you wish to discuss this further: email@hardrockhotelchicago.com. Thanks again for your review!
Chicago
Reviewed March 21, 2014

short visit to Chicago for a hockey game. Hotel room was clean and comfortable, but a bit small. Location is great, easy access to everything. having to pay for wifi seems like gouging, should be included in room rate.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thank you very much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your clean and comfortable guest room and our Michigan Avenue location in close proximity to the city's hottest shops, restaurants and local attractions. As a note of disclosure, complimentary WiFi is provided to all guests who book their reservations directly through our website. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. Thanks again for your review!
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Great location and awesome staff! Recently stayed while visiting Chicago for a Bulls game. Would highly recommend to everyone. The rooms, front desk staff, valet and overall service was awesome. I continue to stay here each time I visit Chicago

• Stayed March 2014
Wow! Thanks so much for the fantastic feedback on your most recent stay with Hard Rock Hotel Chicago; we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Michigan Avenue location, well-appointed guest rooms and highly personalized service from our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back for an encore performance. Thanks again for your review!