Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Ranked #114 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Went to Chicago with my sister and three friends over Thanksgiving last year! This hotel is great! What I liked the most is the location, we stayed there for 3 days and we only had to take a taxi one time! It is in a walking distance to the shops, muesums and a lot of attractions! Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable! The staff was nice and helpful. Very modern hotel. It has a great bar!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,758)

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed at the Hard Rock for nine nights and had a great experiences. Got a good deal online so the price (around 150 dol) was right.
Rooms are spacious, clean amd well appointed (dont expect luxury, this is a 4 star). Bed was very comfortable and bath was very good as well. Walls are very thin so we could hear everything from the room next door: voices, Tv, door... not nice when it wakes you up at night.
the rocknroll decor (and loud music) is everywhere, I love the memorabilia and everything but be aware.
Location is great, maybe the best in city, near Millenium park and magnificent Mile, in a gorgeous old building.
Service was poor, from check in to bar and doormen, consistently weak.
Overall, a good experience.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with river view in a high floor - views are amazing.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

A few business associates and I recently stayed at the Hard Rock and also attended a function in the meeting rooms. Our stay was wonderful - the rooms are renovated and very nice, bed and pillows amazingly comfortable, staff very helpful, room service was quick and food very good. It was a pleasant experience and overall a great stay. I visit Chicago often and would highly recommend the Hard Rock hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel in Chicago on November 15 2013. We've stayed here a few times. The hotel is perfectly located in downtown Chicago with many shops and restaurants easily within walking distance. The staff on check-in have always been polite and helpful. Each floor of the hotel is musician themed - Elvis, The Beatles, Madonna, The Who, etc. and a glass case with some original items from that musician. It's pretty neat to walk around the different floors to see what they have. The standard rooms are modern with big windows, a large bed and a lounge chair, flat screen TV, iPod docking station, minibar (which has a sensor detector but if you want to use the fridge for personal items just tell them on reception and you won't be charged for their stuff), safe, guitars that you can borrow for free, free luggage storage after you check out, and late check out at a fee. Wifi is not free unless you book online & choose their free Wifi package. This hotel is pet friendly but we have pet allergies. In the past this hotel has accommodated our needs by putting us in rooms that haven't recently had pets in them. The room was clean and so was the bathroom. My only complaint is that the bathroom is pretty tired. The grouting needs to be scraped out and replaced (it was moldy), door was all scratched up and the sink fittings were not very clean. Toiletries: complimentary soap bars (2), shampoo, conditioner, vanity kit (nail file, cotton pads, ear swabs), lotion. Very absorbent towels.

Room Tip: The higher up the better. We were in 1208 - it has views of Trump Tower, Chicago Tribune Building...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Average hotel for the high price. I booked here because I wanted to eat at Chucks Manufacturing. Their website talks about it being a good place to eat and have drinks. When I called and made my reservation over the phone the woman told me Chucks was available to eat at. When I checked in around dinner time expecting to eat I was told by the front desk it was closed for remodeling. Was very disappointed because when I travel on business I like to eat where I stay so I dont have to go out somewhere and find a place. I would not have booked here if someone would have just informed me it was closed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I've had better.

It was November but the heat wasn't on in my room when I checked in? Not very welcoming ...

The room was clean and cool in a formulaic way but not exactly new. The staff was friendly yet made some errors.

I was just underwhelmed. I've stayed nearby at The Wit before and enjoyed it much more.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here about a year ago and the location is great. The rooms are awesome, especially if you are into rock and roll. The club downstairs was nothing spectacular. The staff was kind, friendly and very helpful. We liked the floor that they did not remodel at all, it was kind of like going back in time. We did not stay on that floor, but it was interesting to visit it!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple