WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Hard Rock Hotel Chicago

Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Ranked #100 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
Niles, Il
“Great location, great hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

We booked this hotel for the location for the Blackhawk Stanley Cup Parade and it was perfect. We live in the Chicago suburbs, but did not want to commute in the morning. It was a close walk to our favorite restaurant The Grand Lux going North, and a close walk to Grant Park for the parade walking south. We were very impressed with our whole experience from making the reservation to leaving. The room had a great view of the city, was modern, had a refrigerator, ipod station, flat screen TV, beautiful shower and bathroom, and a super comfortable bed with a down comforter. The classic rock and roll pumped throughout the building and the memorabilia was awesome to look at. It was fun and exciting. Not only the inside, but the building itself architecturally is gorgeous. I would highly recommend this hotel. Another plus is the valet parking; you get in and out privileges and even though check out is at noon, you get to keep your car there until 5 PM for no additional cost, which was perfect!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share such outstanding feedback on your stay with us during the Stanley Cup parade! Overall, it sounds like you had an authentic guest experience from the time you checked in until the time you checked out; we couldn't be more thrilled! It's wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our central Michigan Avenue location, beautiful city views, modern decor, music memorabilia and our historic home in the Carbide and Carbon Building. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time the Hawks win the Stanley Cup! Thanks again for the review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Polish first
Greater Cincinnati
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Hotel front desk had me booked (and charged!) for more nights than stated on my reservation confirmation. Front desk could not correct problem when I gave them the confirmation number, and instead made me print out a copy of the email they sent me before they would correct the problem. Why do I need to get hard copy proof from their own back room operation before they will correct a problem? Shouldn't they be willing to do that?

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thank you very much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience that was caused with your reservation; we regret that you had to go through the trouble of printing out your confirmation and certainly should have been able to correct the problem through our computer system. Please contact us at email@hardrockhotelchicago.com if you would like to discuss this matter in greater detail; we would love the opportunity to earn back your brand confidence. Thanks again for your review!
Chicago
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Looks like you were trying too hard to be hip. Small rooms showing their age (scratched doors, rotting bottom of bathroom door, leaking faucet.) First room I was in where I was afraid to use the dresser for fear of setting off the motion sensor on the snack tray. I am still not sure if there was a fridge I could have stored my drinks in because I was afraid if I opened the door where I thought it was it might charge me.
Nice decorations and furnishings but lighting was a bit dim.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thank you for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for sharing this valuable feedback with us; we only wish you had enjoyed a more positive guest experience. While we're happy to hear that you enjoyed our musically-inspired atmosphere, we do apologize the the ambient lighting was not your style. We hope you will consider coming back for a return visit so we can really show you what we're all about. Thanks again for the review!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I drove to Chicago and the hotel provided valet service for $50 per night. The check-in staffs are super friendly and helpful. The lobby is very classy and upscale. The floor I stayed in has a "Elton John" theme. I am not a fan of him but the room is very comfortable. The location of the hotel is in the middle of the main shopping loop. I am a "The Dark Knight" fan and I managed to spot out some film locations near the hotel. There's a great restaurant in the hotel. Breakfast was decent. I will definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Wow! Thanks so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share this first-star review with us! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our modern, musically-inspired atmosphere and central Michigan Avenue location in close proximity to the city's hottest local attractions, shops and restaurants. Nice call on The Dark Knight; the movie was indeed filmed on lower Wacker right near our property! We hope you will keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you back to Chicago. Thanks again for this outstanding review!
DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has wonderful, comfortable rooms that exceeded my expectations. The staff was very helpful and eager to please. I did not have the frightening experience another reviewer had, but I agree that there is nothing in place to keep people from walking in off the street and going up to the rooms. Perhaps requiring a room key card to use the elevator could help.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
First and foremost, thanks so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share this five-star review on your stay with us! We are thrilled to hear that our guest rooms and helpful staff exceeded your expectations. As a note of disclosure, we take security very seriously and have a security team on hand 24 hours per day to ensure our guest's safety. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. Thanks again for your review!
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Huge room on corner of building overlooking the start of the Magnificent Mile, great service during stay, supplied with fridge and microwave without asking, also free wifi throughout hotel.
Reception staff were extremely helpful and strived to provide a great experience during our stay
Highly recommended hotel in a great position for shops, magnificent mile, sights and park, 5 minute walk from the 'bean'.
Rooms are complete with 42" TV with sound system and ipod dock alarm, air-con huge bed and chaise longue, and swivel arm chair, and of course a desk, lots of power points too !

Room Tip: ask for a corner room with a view of the magnificent mile ! - rooms ending in 04
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share such outstanding feedback with us! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your spacious room overlooking the Magnificent Mile, highly attentive service from our staff and central location in close proximity to downtown's hottest restaurants, shops and local attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. Thanks again for the review!
Duluth, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

I stayed here for a conference. I was able to easily get to the Magnificent Mile from the hotel and see some of the interesting architecture in the area. The food at the facility was good, and every staff person I dealt with was very pleasant and helpful. I enjoyed seeing the rocker memorabilia on the different floors. The bed was comfortable. For me, drawbacks were the room quality (chipped, dinged veneer on desk and dresser) and room cleanliness (corners and windowsills hadn't been cleaned in a while). Lots to see in the area; I felt safe except for one wrong turn I took, about two blocks behind the hotel. I bought bottled water, soda, and snacks from the Walgreen's next door, due to the high prices at the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for sharing this review on your most recent stay at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago! We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our central location on the base of the Magnificent Mile, music memorabilia on every floor and highly attentive and personalized service from our staff. Please accept our sincerest apologies that the room quality and cleanliness did not meet your expectations. We hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you downtown so we can really WOW you in these areas. Thanks again for your review!