“Great welcome and nice hotel...”

Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Ranked #110 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
London, United Kingdom
“Great welcome and nice hotel...”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great location first off. On arriving the welcome was warm and friendly and kicked off a great one night stay. The room was a good size, clean and had great views over the city.

Express Check out was easy and could just leave after breakfast without having to queue and the desk. Well worth a stay and not too over themed

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
We are thrilled to hear that you think so highly of Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and can't thank you enough for sharing such outstanding feedback on your most recent stay with us! We're very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our central Michigan Avenue location, warm and friendly staff and clean and spacious guest rooms with beautiful city views. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hard Rock Hotel Chicago. Thanks again for the review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Polish first
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is one of the few times that I did not listen to other reviews before booking this hotel. There were many negative ones. I had a GREAT time and thought the hotel was unique and the hotel bars were just simply a good time. We hit allot of bars while in Chicago for a long weekend, but we couldn't find one to top the one in the hotel which is rare. Fun time. Pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
WOW! Thanks so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share such outstanding feedback on your most recent stay with us. We're thrilled to hear that we exceeded your initial expectations and you enjoyed our unique, musically-inspired atmosphere along with our two restaurants/bars, Angels & Kings and Chuck's Manufacturing. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you back to Chicago. Thanks again for the five-star review!
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The hard rock is perfectly located on Michigan ave so your not far from cool restaurants, bars, and amazing sites! They were so friendly from check in to check out! The rooms were decorated so cool and extremely clean!! We had a city view room which was amazing :) I wouldn't stay any where else for our next trip to Chicago :)

• Stayed April 2013
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
WOW! Thanks so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to post this 5-star rating on your most recent stay with us. We're thrilled to hear that you received rock star treatment from our staff and enjoyed our central location in close proximity to downtown's hottest restaurants, shops and local attractions. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Thanks again for the review!
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I researched quite a few hotels in Chicago before deciding on the Hard Rock. I am very picky when it comes to where I stay, regardless of how much time I plan on spending in the room. From our first step into the lobby it felt like a very comfortable hotel and I loved the decor. Not overly done in the way of a "themed" hotel but you could certainly tell you were at the Hard Rock. The front desk staff was very welcoming and quickly checked us in. The room was just as expected. We had the Deluxe King so I knew when I booked it that the size wouldn't be large. But they made the most of the square footage so it didn't seem as small as it was (approx 350 sq ft). The room was nicely decorated and clean. We had a nice view of the city which looked beautiful at night. A big flat screen t.v. and a desk to put your stuff on. The bed was SO comfortable I was pleasantly shocked! Never have I stayed in a hotel room where I didn't want to get out of bed. Amazing and so not expected. We had dinner in the bar one night and went back on Sunday for a late dinner not realizing it was closed. The staff made a great recommendation on a bar and grill called the Emerald Loop. Great atmosphere and server and it was literally right around the corner. This hotel is close to a lot of sight seeing that you can walk to. The only thing I would change is not charge a wifi fee. With the amount of hotels around the world who offer this for free, it doesn't make a lot of sense to charge for this. I understand you can get it free if booked on their website but I booked through my employer so I didn't have that option. I would not recommend the breakfast buffet. While it wasn't horrible, it wasn't the best I'd ever had and for $20 I would have expected slightly higher food quality. The service was good though. I would definitely stay at the Hard Rock again and highly recommend this property to anyone wanting a nice comfortable stay near a bunch of stuff to do. I want to go back!

Room Tip: Away from the elevator; higher floor has better views and away from the lounge noise at night.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
First and foremost, thank you so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to pass along such positive feedback on your most recent stay with us! Because you are such a seasoned traveler, we are especially pleased to hear that you think so highly of our property. Overall it sounds like you enjoyed your Deluxe King room accommodations, friendly staff and central location in close proximity to downtown's hottest local attractions. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. Thanks again for the review!
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Lovely corner room with great view of Millennium Park fountain, but it had such an odd layout - little hanging space, virtually no drawers, with lots of wasted space. Didn't have any electric sockets near the beds, didn't have enough really, when everyone, not only rock and rollers have 200 (or at least 4) appliances they need to charge.
Staff were lovely but hotel felt a bit tired. Restaurant was just average/bland/expensive, bar was charmless and noisy. Still location was fab, we walked everywhere and cabs were plentiful if we didn't want to walk.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thanks so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to share your feedback with us. While we are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your corner room overlooking Millennium Park and you received excellent service from our staff, we only wish our layout and outlets were more to your liking. We hope you will keep us in mind for your future travels to Chicago. Thanks again for the review!
Reviewed April 20, 2013

No problems with check in. Room was upgraded to a corner suite. Had nice views. Bathroom was pefect although towels were clean they had seen better days and needed to be put out of misery. Remote didnt work and I noticed furniture was banged up and looked rather cheap. Our bedding was clean but the curtains had huge stains on them...very noticable. Parts of the curtains were literally worn away....must have been open and shut millions of time to get that type of wear i was expecting a little more i must say. It was nice enough...and I would come again as long as the room didnt fall below this standard. The breakfast was ok, the tray covering the food had chunks of dried food stuck to it which again was very noticable. Everyone was very polite and friendly, I personally like when I go somewhere and the staff is more personable and less robotic.

• Stayed April 2013
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thanks so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking a moment to share your feedback with us. We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed a seamless check-in process and our front desk team was able to upgrade your room to a corner suite with nice city views. While we're also pleased to hear that you received highly attentive service from our staff and you enjoyed most of our in-room amenities, we are extremely disappointed to hear that the towels and curtains were in such poor condition. Please accept our sincerest apologies; thank you very much for bringing these issues to our attention so that we can better address them moving forward. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. Thanks again for the review!
Grand Rapids MI
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Okay, I've reviewed the Hard Rock Chicago a few times, but I really wanted to say thanks again for another great weekend! I normally travel to Chicago with my husband, but this time I brought three girls with me to do some shopping! We had a blast! As always, location is key. We got to Chicago around 10:30am and thought we'd just drop our car and bags with the bell hop and head out. To our surprise we were able to check in! I was shocked because it was so early yet so thankful our room was ready! The corner room as always is great, and perfect for four people sharing a room- Nice and big.
We had a great time hanging in Angels and Kings and having a drink after a long exhausting day.
Last but not least, when we went to check out on Sunday, we left our bags with the bell hop and did some more shopping, we had our car loaded up when we came back and somehow, a coat got left behind. Let me just say Zach was GREAT. After some confusion and not a lot of help from others about if it was shipped to me or not, he located the coat, and shipped it on the hotel's account and it was here in two days. Great customer service as always, and we will continue to come back again and again. See you in August Hard Rock! <3

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
WOW! First and foremost, thanks so much for being one of our most loyal guests and for taking the time to share such outstanding feedback on your recent stay with us for a ladies shopping weekend. It's a pleasure to hear that you received an early check-in and enjoyed your spacious corner room with beautiful city views. We're thrilled to hear that we continue to deliver on our brand promise to treat our guests like true rock stars and we'll be sure to pass along your feedback to Zack (he's one of the best in the business!) Thanks again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again in August!