“Awesome hotel”

Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Ranked #110 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed April 10, 2013

18 of us stayed at this hotel for a 4 day stag do 'batchelor party' and the location and service was perfect. Great accomodation, very helpful staff. 5**** rooms and food/drink. Also the bar next door was a bonus with great staff too.

Room Tip: I stayed in 913 (i think) great room..
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

WOW! Jamie, thanks so much for taking the time to share this outstanding feedback on your most recent stay with us. We're thrilled to hear that you and the rest of your "batchelor" party group enjoyed our Michigan Avenue location in the heart of downtown, friendly staff and your dining experience at our restaurant, Chuck's Manufacturing. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time one of your friends gets hitched or you just have a hankering to come back to Chicago! Thanks again for the review!

There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel Chicago

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel needs to be a better reflection of the Hard Rock brand. There just was no "Hard Rock Feel" to this hotel. Hardly any memorabilia, the bar was lacking & small, rooms were average at best.

Just wont stay here again. Sorry.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback on your most recent stay with Hard Rock Hotel Chicago; we only wish we had left you more impressed. While we feature music memorabilia throughout the hotel and offer complimentary guitar rentals and curated playlists, it unfortunately sounds like our hotel is not your style. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We spent three nights of our spring break here last week. Check-in, valet, and service was great. Everyone was friendly. We ordered room service one evening and it was quick and delicious. The room was spacious and clean. The bathroom needed some updating and repair, but again, it was clean. The best part of the place was the location. We were within walking distance to many attractions and felt like we were in the middle of everything. Kids were disappointed there wasn't a pool, but we were so busy anyway. Not really a family place to begin with.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thanks so much for spending spring break with your family at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago! We're thrilled to hear that you received top-notch rock star treatment from our staff, in addition to quick and delicious room service. Overall, it sounds like you enjoyed our centrally located property in the heart of downtown and your clean and spacious room. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Hard Rock Hotel Chicago. Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My description would be it is not "shopping friendly"; upon departure the staff made some nasty comments about the number of bags and were not friendly not kind in assisting with the bags. I personally do not expect personal comments at all from the hotel staff in anywhere I visit, regardless of my objective for the trip. The location is very good, very close to the loop and the room and common areas were clean. An average hotel but overall I did not feel it was great enough to stay here again. Another bad thing is that they included some charges in my bill which I did not consume at the mini bar due to they motion system which is located on the desk so anyone can hit it. I did not feel it was a great hotel, so probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NataliaBonazzi

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your candid feedback with us on your most recent stay with Hard Rock Hotel Chicago. While we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Michigan Avenue location in the heart of downtown, we only wish you had received more positive treatment from our staff. Because we put a premium on outstanding and highly attentive customer service, we're disappointed to hear that you did not experience service that rocked. We would certainly appreciate the opportunity to regain your confidence in our brand; please email us at email@hardrockhotelchicago.com if you would like to discuss these issues further. Thanks again for your review!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel over the weekend, in Chicago for the Shamrock Shuffle. Upon arriving in the room and using the bathroom observed something that looked like dried blood on the back of the bathroom door. Called the front desk right away and they sent the manager up with bleach and a towel to clean the door. They offered free dinner or drinks that evening gave us water and chocolate.

Later in the evening I needed a pair of scissors to make a modification to my outfit for the road race and again the front desk staff was accommodating...bringing a pair of scissors right away.

Overall the room was comfortable, even if a little dark in the entry of the room. The location is fantastic, right on Michigan Avenue. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for staying with Hard Rock Hotel Chicago while in town to participate in the Shamrock Shuffle. We are very pleased to hear that you found our rooms to be quite comfortable and our Michigan Avenue location to be quite convenient. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unpleasant experience you encountered in your room; we're happy to hear that our staff was able to resolve the situation immediately in addition to accommodating your request for scissors. It sounds like we were able to regain your confidence in the Hard Rock brand and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

One of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at! It was so clean, modern, and well serviced. If you are going to Chicago, this is VERY centrally located. It was near so many places we wanted to go see. We walked everywhere from this hotel. Not to mention my husband and I are music freaks, so it goes without saying how neat it was to be surrounded by all the music-related stuff. Also, you never know who you might see there. We had a few tour buses come in with band members staying there!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

WOW! Thank you so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to post this five-star review. We're thrilled to be considered one of the nicest hotels in which you've ever visited and we're happy our centrally located, musically-inspired atmosphere impressed you and your music-loving hubby! (Music to our ears!) We certainly hope you will keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. Thanks again for the review!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I wonder why, when I checked into Hard Rock Chicago that the desk clerk told me that all the items in the room were security tagged? Do I look like a thief? Do I look like the kind of person who'd want to take a lousy reproduction of a Beatles photograph home with me? Or is there a lot of theft at Hard Rock Hotels? Hmm.
The building, the Carbon and Carbide is quite wonderful and I'd always wanted to see it, so that was a plus. The room was nice enough, overlooked Michigan Avenue and was plenty quiet. I'm still trying to come to terms with a odd mildewy smell in the bathroom near the sink. I couldn't quite track it down.The empty uncapped shower gel I left in the shower remained untouched by housekeeping after the first day. They're not generous with these items.
When I checked in, there were a couple of good size wet spots on the carpet in the room, not sure if it was from housekeeping or the prior occupant. I mentioned it to a service rep (who I was calling about the wifi) and she suggested I call someone in another area and get moved. I was already unpacked and determined I'd just live with it. Very curious.
While nice, this wasn't that much more interesting or better than any other big box hotel.

Room Tip: I had a nice sliver view of Lake Michigan from my room, which was nice. I was on the 8th floor and f...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to provide this candid feedback on your most recent stay with Hard Rock Hotel Chicago. While we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our historic home in the Carbon and Carbide building and your room overlooking Michigan Avenue,
we do sincerely apologize for the unpleasant mildew odor you experienced in your bathroom. We are also very sorry to hear that our housekeeping staff didn't replenish your shower gel. We can certainly understand how that would have negatively affected your experience with us.
We’d love to welcome you back to Hard Rock Hotel Chicago in the near future and hope you’ll give us another try to truly impress you. Thanks again for the review!