St. Jane Hotel
$318
$282
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$219
$179
The Talbott Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$643
$499
$292
$252
$675
$550
The Peninsula
  • Pool
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$299
BestWestern.com
$444
$378
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$260
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$361
$324
getaroom.com
  • Room Service
2,762 results
All reviewsthe hard rockhard rock hotel chicagotower suitecarbide buildingrock memorabiliagreat locationrock starmichigan avemillennium parkthe rivercorner roomthe magnificent miledowntown chicagothe beancity viewstreet noisethe loop
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My Husband and I celebrated out 23 Wedding Anniversary on Valentines Day. We have stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel before, and always had a great experience. The one thing my Husband wanted was to stay on a really high floor with a great view. I contacted the hotel and was so fortunate to connect with Mallory Guimond, who is the Revenue and Reservation Manager. I explained that I was trying to surprise my Husband for our anniversary, and that I would like a room on a high floor with a great view. I ended up booking a tower suite on the 32nd floor. When we arrived, we were greated by a wonderful girl at the front desk, who wished us happy anniverary. We then went to our room, and we were not disappointed. It was a gorgeous room, and we had a FABULOUS view of the city! In addition, Mallory and the staff had an anniversary cake waiting for us in our room, as well as a Hard Rock Pin and shot glass. (I had told her we collect these). Talk about a warm welcome! We stayed there for 3 nights, and the staff was fabulous, the room and the bed were so comfortable, and then there was that awesome view! We are so impressed with the Hard Rock Hotel in Chicago and their faulous staff! Our visit was a total "10"! Thank you again so much to Mallory and the rest of the staff - you are all the best!

Room Tip: A corner tower suite will offer you a fabulous view of the city!
1  Thank LindaKelley
HardRockMGR, Manager at St. Jane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

WOW! We are honored that you and your husband chose to celebrate your 23rd wedding anniversary with us and even more thrilled to hear that we were able to make your stay so special. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful city views from your tower suite on the 32nd floor. Mallory certainly has a way of going above and beyond and paying close attention to special details to ensure our guests receive highly personalized service and we are both proud and excited to share your comments with her. Thanks again for taking the time to post this outstanding review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hard Rock Hotel Chicago!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Excellent service, terrific location, friendly and helpful staff...a wonderful experience. The hotel is located centrally between the Mag Mile and the Museum district (a longer walk, or bus ride). It is also right next to Grant/Millenium park. Fun place for a family although no pool!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and even more importantly, for taking the time to share such positive feedback with us about your stay! Overall, it sounds like you enjoyed an authentic experience that rocked and we would be absolutely thrilled to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to Chicago. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Writing my first TripAdvisor review because of the excellent impression this hotel left on me.

First off, it is very conveniently located in the heart of downtown Chicago, with easy access to the Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park, Willis Tower, and other points of interest.

Staff was very accomodating and got us into a hotel room on the 17th floor at 9:00 AM. All staff members I spoke with were courteous, patient, and helpful. Even the cleaning lady asked us if we needed anything additionally in our rooms as soon as we left for the morning.

The room was very clean and smelled awesome! Great view, nice contemporary furnishings. Finally a guest chair in a hotel room that I felt comfortable sitting in!!

Clean lobby as well - nice place to kill some time before our flight left.

Had an especially enjoyable time speaking to Sheila (sp?) at the concierge desk - was able to help me out with a few local points of interest I had. Also retrieved my bags quickly and with a smile.

So - bravo, Hard Rock Hotel, when I return to Chicago, I will be staying there!!
Thank you!!

1  Thank DJ B

We are honored and humbled to be the subject of your first TripAdvisor review and we couldn't have asked for more positive feedback! Thanks so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of downtown Chicago, your clean and comfortable room with city views and the helpful, courteous and friendly service you received from our staff of rock stars. We will be sure to pass along your comments to Sheila - she is indeed a tremendous asset to our Concierge team! Thanks again for the review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Hard Rock Hotel Chicago!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I decided to have a staycation with another couple from the area (we don't live far from Chicago), and we picked this place due to a Groupon deal it was promoting. Check-in was a breeze, and our rooms were super cool. We were in a corner king suite, which overlooked Michigan Avenue to the North and East. We could also see Lake Michigan!

We really enjoyed our stay. We definitely made it a frugal one - we parked in a different overnight garage to not pay the $50 fee the hotel has. We also ate all of our meals out. (Everything on their menu is really pricey.) Be aware that in the king rooms there's a big window in the bathroom that makes showers very drafty! We really enjoyed the amenities included though (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, bar soap, shower cap, vanity kit, sewing kit, hair dryer, makeup mirror, etc).

Our only complaint was the sheets on the bed. I swear they're made out of something with plastic in them. They felt really rough and scratchy and they did not breathe at all. Woke up several times in a sweat! it was a top sheet and a thin comforter and I was in a total sweat because the blankets did not breathe! Our friends had the same problem with their sheets in their room, so I'm sad to say it wasn't just a fluke isolated to our room. Seems the sheets are just really scratchy everywhere.

Just be aware of the scratchy sheets! It's such a neat place with a very cool, moody atmosphere. Haven't been to a hotel like it before. Would love to go back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
HardRockMGR, Manager at St. Jane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Wow! Thanks so much for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago for your recent "staycation." Overall, it sounds like you enjoyed the city views from your corner King suite and the in-room amenities offered to our guests. We are disappointed to hear that the sheets weren't to your liking and apologize for any discomfort they might have caused during your stay with us. We hope you will keep us in mind the next time you decide to schedule another "staycation" in this great city of ours! Thanks again for taking the time to post this positive review!

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night during the weekend as we went downtown from the suburbs for Restaurant Week. The location is very convenient, just a short walk from the shops on Michigan Avenue and a five minute taxi to plenty of other spots downtown.

The staff was pleasant and helpful. The lobby and restaurant areas are very nice, trendy etc. Our room, though, was just mediocre. There was mildew in the shower. Things were generally unkempt, with a dirty table and everything on the walls- light fixture, pictures- was all crooked. I guess somebody partied hard the night before... The largest detractor though, was the noise. I expect some street noise being the city. However, we were on the 14th floor and there must have been a fan or vent right outside our window because consistently every 20 minutes there was the loudest thumping/popping sound. It was extremely annoying.

My advice, if you can get a good deal, it's worth the stay. Otherwise, at regular rates, there are better hotels downtown more worth your time and money.

1  Thank Ryoko_Izara

Thank you for choosing Hard Rock Hotel Chicago and for taking the time to pass along your feedback to us. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly, helpful staff and convenient downtown location on the base of the Magnificent Mile. However, we're incredibly disappointed to hear that you encountered issues with the noise and cleanliness of your room. We take your comments very seriously and do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. Thanks again for the feedback!