“if you like rock and roll...”

Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Ranked #110 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed January 20, 2013

than this is the perfect hotel for you. I enjoyed the variety of music always playing in the public spaces and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean, modern and comfortable - no complaints (I was on the Prince floor). And breakfast inside the hotel at their Angels and Kings restaurant was reasonably priced and tasty. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hard Rock Hotel Chicago

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My bf and I stayed here recently when I had my company work party in downtown Chicago. We are from Rockford so usually when we go out in the city we get a hotel. I am picky when it comes to hotels especially when it comes down to cleanliness and customer service, we have stayed at the Astoria, Renaissance, Hyatt, Doubletree, four seasons, the Ritz Carlton and more. And I must say the Hard Rock is one on our list that we will be going back to. Not only the cleanliness, location, but the service is top notch. We were running late to the party and still needed to get ready and the staff checked us in quickly and got our bags to the room within minutes and room was awesome! Especially the city view, very comfortable beds.

As we checked out that Sunday morning, under our door was our bill a thank you card and two complimentary breakfasts! Which was delicious with fresh pancakes, fruits, bacon and more. Our bag guy, Ben Brady was definitely very courteous and asked us how our stay was, if we needed anything and overall polite. He kept getting calls to other rooms since we happen to be all checking out the same time but definitely made sure we were taken care of before he went on to the next room. Your customer service does sell and I'm glad we didn't get an overwhelmed bag guy that was miserable or hates his job lol. I'm one of those customers where I wouldn't care if you are the best five star hotel in town if you lack customer service I would not even think of returning.

Thanks again Hard Rock for an awesome stay! We will be seeing you soon again!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Hard Rock from Dec 29 - Jan 1 and it was awesome. Got a great deal and went to the New Years event which was phenomenal. Great location and the staff was awesome, accommodating and extremely helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The staff are more than eager to meet all your needs!!!! The atmosphere is amazing and we were truly treated as guests. We have stayed there previously to this trip, and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Riding on its name and not much else. Paid top rate for a room and at check in was assigned a room on the 4th floor which is not even a guest floor, it is a floor for business conferences. The hotel interior is nondescript, as if you are walking into a place that long ago gave up any pretense of caring. Room service is very expensive, the room itself was clean but again nothing memorable unless you count the very odd and inappropriate picture of Sting duct taped and bound which was hung right by the bed. Thanks for the nightmares, Hard Rock! Save your money and check into one of the hotels in this area that specialize in being hotels, not tourist bars.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room with a view if you must stay here.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

My stay at the Hard Rock was just simply awsome.When I arrived I had lost a lot my luggage ,and Ben at the front desk came to the rescue.He ended up helping me get it all back.The rest of my stay was very enjoyable. I loved the rooms, and all the employees were nothing but friendly and helpful. By far the most hospitable bunch I have ever came across.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel Chicago for 3 nights and had the best experience ever. From the very beginning with check-in, the front desk employees were very friendly and intuitive which made the entire process enjoyable.

The location is perfect! Anything you could ever need is a few blocks away and the city train is also down the street as well, making it very easy to get to places close to downtown including the O'Hare airport.

The vibe of the hotel is very different from the usual, beginning with the theme of the property being music and staging famous memorabilia throughout the entire place. The amenities were outstanding as well, including the fully stocked gym and business center, helping you keep fitness and work a priority if you pleased.

The room was also fantastic! Very modern and funky decor and furniture, which was different than most of the boring hotels I usually stay in. Stocked with everything I could've ever needed. I really like that the person who was assigned to take care of cleaning my room, Enedina C. I believe, was very kind for taking every little aspect of a tidy room into consideration. I asked for someone to remove my trash and she ended up straightening up everything, making it feel like new every time I came back to the hotel after a long day. SHE WAS AWESOME!!!

Overall, if you want something different, fun, and not mundane like the usual hotels, stay at the Hard Rock Hotel Chicago! Every employee no matter what department they're in, take their job very seriously and keep the guests in mind every step of the way. They truly have a way of making you feel like a celebrity honoring their hotel during your stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family