“Chucks Manufacturing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #104 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Chucks Manufacturing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had high expectations when I booked my stay at the Hard Rock Hotel and my expectations were exceeded by far! Not only was the hotel staff amazing, but so was the new restaurant Chuck's Manufacturing. It had an awesome vibe to it, so when I decided to make a reservation for me and a group of my girlfriends before we went out for a night on the town we were excited!

The food was excellent,but what really stood out to me was the service. Everyone was very friendly, but our server Rhett was just absolutely awesome!! He was very knowledgeable about the menu and drinks, he guided us with recommendations about our dinner. Everything ended up being so perfect and delicious. He even offered us phone chargers, which was is something that really caught my attention and I wish more restaurants would do! If all of the servers and bartenders working there are like Rhett, I would give this place 5 stars any day and would recommend it to all my friends visiting the city. I plan to return on my next visit and can't wait to have the delicious scallops again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Positives:
Excellent Location
Great service and staff
Awesome music in the lobby
Fairly quiet room
Good gym
Concierge was top notch

Negatives:
Bathroom door was rotting and needs to be fixed
Beds could be a bit more comfortable, but they weren't bad at all!

Overall, loved my stay. Would definitely go back again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was expecting to receive a low level room because I booked one of their cheapest rooms for the time in between Christmas and New Years but, to my surprise, I was booked on the 18th floor and had a nice spacious room with a huge bed and plenty of room to walk around. The bathroom was nice as well. I do, however, question why there isn't a door to the shower (there's only a pane of glass) as water does escape. But if you just lay a towel next to the shower you shouldn't get a bathroom full of water like what others have said. Other than that I had no problems! They even allowed you to store your bags in the hotel after you checked out for no additional charge. Room service was good as well although overpriced.

Swansboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We usually stay at The W Lakeshore, but decided to try something new for New Years! I must say I'm from the moment we pulled up at the curb until check-out....we were treated like king & queens. The staff was not only friendly & courteous...they also had MANNERS! I have to mention Shelia Garg who went above & beyond to help us. Even though we couldn't get in to eat where we wanted, she suggested another great place. She left a sweet note with popcorn in our room that made my night! Her simple act of kindness has earned this hotel a repeat customer.

Grand Rapids MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

Thank you Hard Rock for continuing to provide us with a home away from home when we visit the windy city. Chicago is one of our favorite cities and when in town, we always chose the Hard Rock. The location is great, the service is top notch, and we always feel welcomed back.

We continue to reserve the same type of room over and over, and our request for a corner room is always met. This room is the best on Michigan ave. with great views of Michigan Ave in all her glory. Thank you for pampering us when we stay Hard Rock. We'll see you in the spring!

Room Tip: Ask for a Platinum King room. You'll get a corner room with lots of room and perfect views!
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We walked into the lobby and saw a backdrop of almost every Gibson guitar made. I told the front desk clears that it was a shame that guests weren't allowed to play their "display" guitars....and she informed me that that's what they were there for!!!
I borrowed a Studio Cutaway (a $3,000 guitar) took it to my room and had a great hour or so.
Lol, the food is great, central location and fun bar as well.
I ordered my own Cutaway as soon as I got home!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill A
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

A luxury hotel wannabe that misses on most marks. Staff is fine and friendly but rooms leave ALOT to be desired. Try paper thin walls (unless you enjoy listening to your neighbors party and intimate moments even when they aren't being especially loud), an echochamber for any conversation in the hall, a ventilation system that blows cold air directly over the bed, terrible room lighting that feels like living in a cave, a flaky remote control, a convenience bar that warns you it has a motion sensor on the snack table, a Keurig that was broken, a toilet paper roll that you have to get off the tpilet to actually be able to reach, and oh ... almost forgot, a picture of Sting on the wall tied up and with duct tape over his mouth. I suppose that's "edgy", but not what I want to be staring at sitting in bed..

There's a reason that this hotel is centrally located on Michigan Ave and runs so cheap compared to everything else nearby (cheaper than some motel sixes I've seen). ..... It sucks.

Couldn't pay me to stay here again and that's the first hotel in 20 years I've said that about.

You've been warned.