“Shabby Rooms-way Overpriced”

Hard Rock Hotel Chicago
Ranked #114 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Room was shabby, stained carpet, drawers wouldn't close, chipped veneer. Only good point was comfortable beds. Service ok, but don't expect anyone to go out of the rid way. If you asked, you got an answer. Was business trip, hope I don't have to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy a more positive experience and I have shared your comments with the team internally. We sincerely apologize for not making you feel more comfortable in your room and we regret that it was not spotless upon your arrival. We appreciate your comments so we are aware of what to address as we continue to improve. We hope you will consider giving us another shot, as we would love for you to experience what we're really about. Thanks again!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a conference and really enjoyed our stay! The staff was extremely accommodating, and the maids were very thorough. The two restaurants were impressive in service and decor, especially the new retro Chuck's that just opened!

The other 5% was a touch of attitude when we asked once for extra pillows, and coffee pot not cleaned/coffee not replace one day. I cannot function without coffee.

But when I say the staff was accommodating, it was truly impressive that they made a Saturday night available for us at the last moment, and also that the maid was caring enough to turn down the light on the alarm clock when she saw my towel over it. Little details mean so much!

It's in the heart of everything exciting, and I would love to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback on you and your husband's recent stay with Hard Rock Hotel Chicago. I'm thrilled to hear that you were able to experience our newly opened restaurant, Chuck's Manufacturing, which truly is a unique dining destination! I'm sorry to hear of the attitude you encountered when you requested extra pillows and a clean coffee pot; those are the minimum expectation and it is my hope that both of those requests were fulfilled in a timely and efficient manner. Our housekeeping staff rocks and you are right when you say it's all in the little details - I'm excited to pass your compliments over to the team. Thanks again for your review and we would be happy to welcome you back to our digs anytime. I'd like to see that 95% turn into 100% the next time you visit!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The hotel staff was so nice and helpful from upgrading me to David in the package room helping me will lots of boxes I recieved. The suite I was in had two great views from the 30 floor. One was of Michigan Ave. and the other windows looked down the river.

Room Tip: Ask for a room 24th floor or higher
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this positive review about your recent experience as a guest at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago. I'm excited to hear that our staff was friendly and helpful to you and that you enjoyed the beautiful city views from your room on our 30th floor. I'm excited to share your feedback with our team internally. Thanks again and please think of us the next time your travels bring you back to Chicago!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding in Chicago, great location close to all the touristy spots. Rooms were nice size, clean, comfy. It was a little loud, we could hear our neighbor and stuff going on in the halls but not anything to horrible. The staff were all very friendly, and if needed we would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
HardRockMGR, Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on your most recent stay with Hard Rock Hotel Chicago. Overall, it sounds like you enjoyed an authentic experience that rocked while you and your friends were in town for a wedding. We certainly hope to welcome you back the next time your travels take you to Chicago!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here for a trade show. A bit different to the usual business hotel. Service was fast and very efficient. I had to move room and that was handled as if I was royalty - I' m not. The bar could do with a some more light, it was and is very dark. Ideal location in downtown. Thanks.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks so much for sharing your positive feedback on your recent stay with us while you were in town to attend a trade show. I'm happy to hear you appreciate the unique and distinct qualities and amenities of our property that sets us apart from the rest. I'm especially pleased to discover that you were treated like a King - we aim to give our guests authentic experiences that rock and in this case, I'd say we succeeded in our mission! Thanks again - we would be happy to welcome you back to the Windy City the next time your travels bring you back here!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We came during the 4th of July to visit the city for the first time, we didn't really know where to stay and did some research into what areas were best. This by far was the best location we could've asked for! The L stop is right down the block and take you straight to Midway (the L stop for O'Hare was also not far). You're right in the middle of the action, an easy walk over to shopping on Michigan or to Millennium Park.

We had a bit of trouble with our flight being delayed, so we arrived ready for our room and hoping we could check in. The ease and friendliness of the process was wonderful, and they got us in right away. It was nice to have a place to settle before sightseeing. The hotel is also fairly quiet despite the name, we didn't experience any disruptions staying with a little one. Overall the charm of the building and the appealing decor made this place make you feel like a rockstar staying here. We definitely love the brand and would definitely recommend staying her again.

Room Tip: Stay on a higher floor, excellent views. We had to face low buildings all trip, which wasn't ex...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide such an outstanding review on your stay with us during the Fourth of July - summer in the city seriously rocks! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our location in the middle of the Michigan Avenue action and our front desk provided you and your family a hassle-free and friendly check-in process. Our Carbide and Carbon Building is a registered historic property that pays homage to Art Deco architecture and I'm glad you found our decor to your liking. Thanks again and we hope you will think of us the next time your travels bring you back to Chicago!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great experience at this hotel! I would stay here again! We were in town for a wedding and the Hard Rock was one that they had a block of rooms in. We debated between it and the Westin River North, and we are so glad we chose the Hard Rock. We visited the other as a lot of the wedding party was staying there as well, but the Hard Rock fit our style more. We had a teen with us, so it was a hit with her. We also enjoyed how close and great shopping on State street was as well as Michigan Ave shopping. We liked State street better, but both are great. Great location, great staff!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Thanks so much for taking the time to post such an outstanding review on you and your family's most recent stay with us, Pam! I'm excited to hear that our location, musically-inspired atmosphere and close proximity to the shops along Michigan Avenue and State Street were to your liking. Realizing you had other hotel options and were happy with your choice to stay with us rocks, too! Thanks again, Pam; we welcome you and your family back anytime.