“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 185 Hotels in Chicago
Normal, Illinois, United States
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Rooms were updated and location was perfect! Rooms aren't huge and the restaurant/bar and lobby are very small but serves its purpose...I would stay again

• Stayed February 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
HardRockMGR, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We are so happy that you liked our updated rooms and location in the heart of downtown. Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us. We appreciate your review, and we hope to see you again as well!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Polish first
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Prior to my stay, I spoke with Hard Rock's conciere. I was arriving by way of Union Station and had business meetings scheduled throughout my stay. I gave him my locations and he sent me walking maps from Union to Hard Rock and Hard Rock to all my scheduled meeting locations. It was great.

My room was clean and spacious. I had a friend visiting and wanted a quiet spot for dinner. Their first floor bar and dining was nice, but that night I wanted a relaxing spot. They suggested dining on their 4th floor. It was perfect and the food was great.

Their location is also in walking distance to so shops and museums. You need to try it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HardRockMGR, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
We are absolutely thrilled to see that our concierge staff was so helpful throughout your stay! It is wonderful that you received great directions to your meeting locations, and we hope you enjoyed exploring the city too. We are so happy to see that you had a great experience at Hamer Lounge as well, and whether for business or for leisure, we hope to see you again the next time you are in town. Thank you very much for your review!
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is a great location. We had free valet parking with our room rate, so that was great too. Staff is very friendly. Hotel is ok, not as chic as I had expected. Clearly another hotel that has been "upgraded" and refurbished and made into the Hard Rock. We wanted to check out a guitar, but the ones we wanted were not available. The whole place was too warm.. We were there in winter and had to open our window because it was so warm. Excellent location. Close to everything. We walked to Frontera. For breakfast, you must try Wildberry Pancakes and Cafe, just a few blocks away, its fantastic!!! Walgreens right across the street from the hotel too, which is nice. Beds were very very comfortable!!

Room Tip: Each floor is themed with a different musician or group, so we requested the Beatles and they grante...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank cosmo930
HardRockMGR, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thanks so much for your review! It is wonderful to see that you got a great rate at our hotel and that our staff was very friendly and helpful in granting your requests! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at our recently-renovated historic property, and we sincerely appreciate you sharing your comments with us and bringing your concerns to our attention so we can provide more positive experiences. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

I'm really impressed! Room was quite nice. Clean, quiet, comfortable. Free wi-fi if you book online.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
HardRockMGR, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
We are so happy that you are really impressed by our hotel! It is great to see that you were comfortable in a nice, clean room, and we hope you enjoyed a good night's sleep as well. Thank you very much for your glowing review. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you the next time you are in Chicago!
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days and 3 nights as a first time visitor and I had a wonderful time!!! It was my 35th birthday weekend. The staff was the Ace of Spades! Shout out to Darlene (didnt think of the Willis Tower until you said it and Iit was truly a highlight!!!), Eddie (your tha bomb-dig-a-dee), J.B (#1 and Duece (lol)),Tony& Bob (protect n serve), Corey(thanks for tha party info) and the entire Angels and Kings staff for making my weekend pop like popcorn!!! Hotel was clean staff was helpful. Access to the shops on Michigan Ave was awesome!. Walking distance to erthang!!! To the midnight shift..Kisses for dealing with my insomnia I really enjoy yall! truly unforgettable...Thank You!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
HardRockMGR, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, March 1, 2012
Wow! Thank you very much for your glowing review! We are absolutely thrilled that the staff made your stay unforgettable. It looks like you had a blast exploring the Windy City, and we are so happy to see that you had a wonderful birthday celebration at Angels & Kings. We really appreciate your comments, and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel again soon!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

The Good
LOCATION
Views
Decor
Room Service
Friendly Staff

The Bad
Shower curtain in replacement room was too short and leaked
Bed was just Ok

The Ugly
Had to pack our bags again and change rooms after loud noises from the elevator kept us up. I am a heavy sleeper but even with my white noise app cranked on the hotel's iPod dock it was still loud enough to keep me up. Also our toilet leaked into a puddle by the shower.

The staff did however provide a replacement room although not immediately. Also, they mentioned that they had AREADY been aware of the noise problem with that room from past customers.

• Stayed February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
HardRockMGR, General Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Chicago, responded to this review, February 27, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us! While we are glad to see that you enjoyed our central location, modern décor and friendly staff, we wish your stay had been a more positive one. Our historic property has its share of charms, and although the elevator noise has not been a consistent issue we are glad you brought this to our attention so we can resolve accordingly. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced, but we sincerely appreciate your review so we know what to improve and provide more positive experiences in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

I stayed here for a weekend in Dec 2010 for a special birthday. Supposedly on a non-smoking floor on 7th floor. I was so sick after this stay due to smoke smell. When I complained I could not switch rooms, staff could not do anything but offer five dollar coupons towards next stay. After fact I talked to manager, Ms. Iris Junge, who admitted hotel had issues with ventilation system. All she offered me was a ninety nine dollar rate for next stay, nothing towards the stay I endured. The lack of customer service from Ms. Junge still bothers me as I work for a prestige brand and we never treat our clients this way. Love Hard Rock but I will stick to cafes and the hotel in San Diego. From people I know I have not heard one positive thing about this particular hotel. Still disappointed.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank sarambrown
We are very sorry to see that you did not have a positive experience at our hotel, and we sincerely apologize for the service you experienced. Since your last stay with us, our new management has implemented a variety of changes with emphasis on providing our guests with authentic experiences that rock. Additionally, we have also renovated our guest rooms and other areas of our property, which is now 100 percent non-smoking. While we do understand your disappointment, we are glad you shared your comments and concerns with us and hope you might reconsider. Thanks so much for your review!