“Great hotel in Chicago!”

Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
Ranked #37 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed April 28, 2010

I travel to Chicago on business frequently and have stayed at several Marriott properties in the area. I really like the Blackstone, but decided to stay at the Courtyard for this stay for one reason - I was very impressed that the marketing director took the time to comment on each TripAdvisor review. Once I got to the hotel, I found the service to be exceptional in all areas. I brought my ten year-old daughter with me and we had a very nice time.

There were only two things that could have gone better: (1) Reservations gave me the wrong information about parking prices and I wish that I had paid for the package that had parking included, and (2) Marriott doesn't seem to give platinum members quite the same level of service that they once did. Still, the service was very good.

The location was perfect, with shopping and food within walking distance. We were there to go to the American Girl store and it would have been nice if this hotel had the American Girl package to select. My daughter would have really liked that! The Capital Grill is right across the street, and there are many other places within a few blocks.

Parking was convenient and there was no real reason for us to valet.

The lounge was very cool in the evening.

The fitness area had new fitness equipment and everything you needed. The pool was a fair size, but my daughter said it was way too cold! Brrrr!

Our room was clean, updated, and comfortable. Good water pressure in the shower. Not sure I am quite diggin' Courtyard's new furniture - I like the look, but the quality is questionable. Still, I'll take this updated look over the old Courtyards any day!

If you are looking for a great downtown hotel at a good price, this one is unique with exceptional service, good location, and has everything you need. There is even a Starbucks on the main level. I would, and will, stay here again. Thanks Courtyard!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DaphneBernstein
CourtyardMagMile, Director of Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2010

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about our hotel, as well as some helpful insight for us to continuously improve our service. As an Elite Platinum guest we truly do value your business and your feedback. We will take everything you said into consideration and work to get better as an entire hotel. We look forward to serving you again soon on your next trip to Chicago!

Reviewed April 22, 2010

I have stayed at several hotels in downtown Chicago, full service Marriott and Conrad to name a few. This hotel for me was as good or better! Your night audit was great! Very clean rooms and the lobby was spotless. Front desk was quick and nice.
Such an enjoyable stay, I can't wait to come back! The hotel is located in the heart of downtown Chicago. Chicago is the best big town in America safe, clean, and fun. Thanks for a great stay, I look forward to coming back soon. Anyone reading this, book your room and enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
CourtyardMagMile, Director of Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2010

Thank you very much for your awesome review. We understand that there are many hotels to choose from in Downtown Chicago and we appreciate you staying with us. I will pass on your kind words about the night audit staff as well. Thank you and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2010

Marriott does it right whether it is a Fairfield in, a JW or anywhere in between, & this Courtyard is no exception. The hotel is spotless, the rooms well laid out & well appointed & the staff is wonderful. Everyone, from the housekeeper who made up my room when I asked for it to be made up, to Sith & Neil, the 2 bellmen with whom I had contact, to all of the front desk personnel were amazing. They treated me as a friend in their own home, not a customer in a hotel where they work.

The only dissapointment was the restaurant where the breakfast was very expensive & not as good as the breakfast I get at Denny's for a lot less money. Hey, nobody is perfect but these guys sure do try to be.

Keep up the good work folx!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
CourtyardMagMile, Director of Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and will be sure to recognize our housekeeping team as well as Neil and Sith for taking great care of you. I understand that our restaurant, Viand, is more expensive than a typical Courtyard. While our prices our competitive for similar quality restaurants in the area we will take your feedback and review again to ensure we are providing our guests with the best possible options. Thank you for staying with us-we truly appreciate your business!

Reviewed April 4, 2010

I have had many trips down to this hotel and I wouldn't stay anwhere else!
It is a beautiul, clean property like all courtyard mariotts; the staff are amazing. From the second we arrived to the second we depart on all stays, the staff have been outstandingly friendly

It is the perfect hotel in the perfect location; it is a 5 minute walk from the hancock building, a short walk to navy pier and the tribune tower. It couldn't be in a more perfect place.

The front office manager Martin is (like me) from Manchester,UK and he went above and beyond for all his guests and staff.

The hotel restaurant is beautiul, but I also recommend the little italian retaurant aross the road.

On site is a great restaurant, starbucks, shop, fitness centre, car park and swimming pool.

I love Chicago, its one of my favorite cities in the world,and wouldnt choose anywhere else to stay but the CY Marriott Mag Mile.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with friends
CourtyardMagMile, Director of Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2010

Thank you for your great feedback about our hotel! We truly appreciate you taking the time to recognize our staff. Our mission is to take excellent care of all guests to ensure they keep coming back and staying with us. Thank you again for allowing us to serve you. Please come back and visit soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2010

We stayed downtown at the Courtyard Magnificent Mile and had a wonderful time. The ease of getting around was great. The staff was extremely helpful with plans for the area, how to get around, where to go, reservations for dinner, etc. We had a FANTASTIC time.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
CourtyardMagMile, Director of Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2010

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. Our entire staff takes pride in providing exceptional service so we truly appreciate your feedback. Please come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2010

We stayed at the Marriott on Michigan Ave last summer. The rooms at the Courtyard are much more roomier and seem newer, bathroom much bigger too.. The location is great!!The staff was always friendly.
We arrived early, a room we requested was not available-the manager upgraded our room. We always had to walk by Garret's popcorn to get back to the hotel-we saw when the line was the shortest and it always smelled so good!!

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
CourtyardMagMile, Director of Sales & Marketing at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2010

Thank you so much for your positive feedback about our hotel. We are receiving great reviews on our brand new guest rooms, which are the newest of all Marriott hotels in Chicago. Please let us know when you will be coming back! Our entire staff looks forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed March 18, 2010

I really can't say enough good things about this hotel. Arrived Saturday, March 13 at noon and were allowed to check in early with no issue, the only delay was the front desk person spent a few extra minutes trying to match a room to my request online (high floor, corner). The various doormen I encountered were always helpful with directions, getting a cab, or just holding the door open. Didn't use the pool or gym, but both looked nice. Room was very clean and quite, beds comfy. Location was outstanding, 1/2 a block to Michigan Avenue, a Dunkin Donuts across the street, and a Trader's Joe's right across Michigan Ave. There are about 5 Starbuck's, Subway's, and Walgreens withing walking distance, as well as the bus stop to the museums. All the tourist eateries are within easy walking distance (Gino's East, Rainforest Cafe, Ed Devevics). Don't miss Carson's for Ribs, maybe the best Ribs and Pork Chops I've ever had.

Also a short cab ride from Second City.

Really, everything was perfect.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family

Thank you very much for the kind words about our hotel. We are excited to hear you enjoyed our new rooms and time in Chicago. Our entire staff looks forward to serving you again in the near future.