Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile
$189
  • Room Service
$188
  • Restaurant
Chicago South Loop Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$232
$89
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$169
$118
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $180/night.

Hilton Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$126
$118
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$127
$107
BestWestern.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

Palmer House A Hilton Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$212
$192
$208
$189
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $212/night.

$203
Radisson Blu
  • Pool
The James Chicago-Magnificent Mile(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$212
$158
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $190/night.

1,479 results
All reviewsgarrett's popcorncopper foxgreat locationsmall starbucksmag milemagnificent milenavy pierblock from michigan avenuedunkin donutsfront desk staffwithin walking distancewould definitely stay here againchicago downtownparking garagesofa bedbusiness centergirls weekend
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Had a pleasant stay here at the Courtyard. I was originally staying at the Embassy Suites on N State St but moved a few blocks to take advantage of Marriott’s stay two nights at different hotels and get a free night at any Marriott with a Category 4 or less.

I requested an early check-in and I arrived at 12:30 and I was glad they accommodated my request. Front desk could only give me a room that ‘overlooks the pool’ though. I was okay with it, I thought, why would I have a problem with a room that overlooks the pool? Well, the room is an inside room with a window that overlooks the indoor pool. The room was nicely decorated with an Asian minimalistic decor, the room was spotless with two queen beds. The bed was too soft for me but I like firm beds. It had a nice flat screen tv and the free wifi in the room was very strong, didn't have an issue with it at all.

It also had a fresh clean smell to it and it was toasty warm. Especially by the bathroom. I realized later on that the room was also close to the laundry room, no wonder it smelled nice and fresh. I didn't mind it since I wasn't staying at this hotel very long. I would definitely ask to be moved if I was staying longer. But just in case they ask you if your willing to take a room that 'overlooks the pool' don't take it.

The staff were very nice and the concierge was very pleasant and his welcome seemed genuine. Front desk was very helpful too.

Eventhough I was given probably the worse room they had and I'm sure they would have transferred me if I complained, I would definitely here again. The Golden Mile is less than a block away and Garett's popcorn is just outside the entrance and their amenities were great and their rates were competitive. And great restaurants everywhere.

If you want seafood, Joe's seafood is not far from the Courtyard. Very good food and excellent service. You need reservations unless you want to eat at 10pm if they even have a table available but they do online reservations which was helpful.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Anoini2
Director_of_Sales_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for your staying with the Courtyard during your visit to Chicago. Our Marriott Rewards Program really has its benefits. It’s a great program for all travelers. It was our pleasure to accommodate your early-check in request. We are so glad you found our rooms to be clean, internet to be strong, and our rooms to be nicely decorated. We apologize you were disappointed with the pool view, please next time allow us to make you more comfortable by relocating you to a more suited fit. We thank you for your comments about our staff, we strive to exceed guest expectations and it is always our pleasure to make you feel welcome. Joe’s Seafood is an excellent restaurant choice. We welcome you to follow our concierge, Neil Fiorito, on our facebook page. Neil shares weekly suggestions with activities and restaurants to choose from. Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have stayed downtown Chicago many times and find each location has it's pluses and minuses.
This one has mostly pluses! Less than 1 block from Michigan Ave. on Ontario near St. Clair. Great location to walk to/from as it's very central. Check-in was smooth and fast. The elevators and quick, we never waited for one.Our room on the 23rd (out of 24) floor had 1 king bed, chair and ottoman, desk, large flat screen tv, fridge. Closet had an iron and the hair dryer in it. Bathroom was large (although we did have a handicap room). It was a busy weekend in the city being just before Christmas so lots of traffic and people. The only downsides I found was the first night I had some trouble sleeping and it seemed there were sirens blaring all the time. I think there is a hospital very near to the hotel. Also in the morning when people were getting ready it seemed we could hear a lot through the door and the connecting door. So, if you have good hearing you may want to bring ear plugs.
They do have a pool on the 10th floor. It's quite small but I'm sure entertained the families that were there. The exercise room appeared like it was adequate size.
A bonus for Garrett's Popcorn lovers is there is a store right outside the door on Ontario. Big lines at it all weekend long!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank oldflame
Director_of_Sales_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts! We couldn’t agree with you more; we love our location. We are in the most central area of the Magnificent Mile. The Courtyard is just steps away from Michigan Avenue, multiple restaurants, and everyone’s favorite Garrett’s popcorn is next door. We are so glad your check-in experience was fast and efficient, in addition, that you enjoyed our spacious rooms. We apologize for the noise level during your stay. Please allow us to assist you in this case during your next stay. We hope to see you again soon! Happy Holidays!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Conveniently located just a few steps from the Magnificent Mile, this hotel offers reasonable prices, functional and clan rooms, friendly and attentive staff. Definitely, a quite good solution to stay in Chicago!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SchnellCarugate
Director_of_Sales_CY, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/Magnificent Mile, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you! It is wonderful to hear such great comments! We look forward in hosting your next stay to Chicago!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Marriott elite members who travel a lot for work and pleasure. We stay at Marriots when avail.

All employees very nice and professional. Checked in and only request was room away from elevators. Booked a king and got 2 queens??? Where "upgraded" to larger room. Booked a single king room 400 sq ft for $369 - not a great deal but Chicago during RSNA. We were warned carpets were cleaned and still damp??? They were cleaned that morning.

Went to business dinner and returned and room was hot, extremely humid (think Florida in summer), and strong musty smell. My wife's very well controlled asthma was set off after 5 minutes (I am a MD). She rarely needs her inhaler but this set her off. We were very promptly moved to a top floor room. All night I listened to the elevator go up and down. Very little sleep. my wife also. The shaft must be next to room as it is obvious. So we booked a quite king and ended up with a double queen next to elevator shaft and my wife having a hard time to breath. My only request was a room not next to the elevator. The room we ended up with was loud every minute.

Very unimpressed and we are easy going travelers. Clean, quite, and good bed. The rest is fluff. Rooms and people were otherwise nice.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank theo450

Thank you for your honest review. We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you and your wife. We strive to exceed expectations and the appropriate departments have been notified to prevent this from future happenings. We will be in touch with you and we hope that we can have another chance to host your next stay in Chicago.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

My daughter and I just got back from a mother/daughter shopping weekend and we stayed at the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/Mag Mile. We were pleasantly surprised at the great location (just a few steps away from Michigan Avenue). The hotel was very clean. We were actually given a room that someone was still checked in to...so we quickly were upgraded to a nicer room on a higher floor. When we arrived back at the room in the evening we were surprised to have been delivered two pieces of chocolate cheesecake and glasses of milk for our inconvenience! We stayed on the 21st floor and the view was awesome! Right down the street is Garrett Popcorn and the smell is amazing when you step out of the hotel (try the caramel popcorn...amazing!) The pool and workout area are also very nice.

I would definatly recommend this hotel for a nice visit to Chicago!

Room Tip: Higher floors offer a better view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jennybennyOakland_MI

Thank you for your sincere comments. We apologize for the mix up upon your arrival, we appreciate your understanding and are thankful for your patience. It was our pleasure upgrading your room and making sure your stay was memorable. We are so happy that you were able to enjoy some quality time with your daughter in Chicago. We couldn’t be more grateful for your positive feedback about our view, location, and amenities. We hope to see you and your daughter back in Chicago soon!